6 Realities of Fox Hunting

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

6 Realities of Fox Hunting

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:47 pm

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2002-i-hunt-foxes-with-dogs-6-realities-inside-brutal-sport.html
Fuck this person. Just, fuck this person. And fuck Cracked for interviewing this guy.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Re: 6 Realities of Fox Hunting

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:14 pm

WinstonDunsworth.jpg
WinstonDunsworth.jpg (23.17 KiB) Viewed 4077 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Anglerphobe » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm

I wish this article had made a bigger point of how disgusting most of us find this practice. Normal British people don't miss fox hunting in the slightest.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Postby gisambards » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:20 pm

This article was pretty disgusting. Cracked clearly did no research, and seemed to take his word for everything. For example:
It's probably hard for you to understand why Britons would go through such effort to continue a practice that seems so awful. I don't know how to explain it, other than to say "culture." We had people join our hunts who didn't like hunting; they just didn't want to see an iconic part of British culture die out. It's like if America lost the college football game due to the number of player concussions, or if Australia couldn't play their national sport of glassing because there were too many nicked arteries.
What started as a debate over whether or not it was ethical to use dogs has blown up into an argument about the British way of life and contention between upper- and lower-class citizens as well as rural and city dwellers. It's a little like the gun debate in the United States: an argument that seems insanely simple to every country in the world, save the one that's hosting it.

This is utter bullshit. It's not a debate. Most people want fox hunting banned, and the only ones that don't are considered ridiculously old-fashioned. It's barely even a class thing - very few upper class people support it either. Fox-hunting certainly doesn't have the same cultural importance for us American football does - that's what we have football for.
This article really annoys me, as they've basically interviewed one random moron and used what he has to say to make an entire country look bad. To use the idiot being interviewed's analogy, it would be the same as me going to an NRA nut and taking what he has to say about gun control as the definitive version of events, and then using that to make some stupid comment about American culture.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:25 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2002-i-hunt-foxes-with-dogs-6-realities-inside-brutal-sport.html
Fuck this person. Just, fuck this person. And fuck Cracked for interviewing this guy.

Nah, I'm never a fan of no platforming. And I'll go way further than fox hunters, I've read interviews with serial killers who brag about the murders they've committed or put the blame entirely on their victims, and terrorists who gloss over their own crimes to talk themselves up, and yet in spite of that I've always felt the better for it as it allows for us to understand the world better by hearing these voices, knowing that I can now make a better conclusion. Even if it only allows us the chance to debunk misinformation, or draw attention to an injustice.

As Damiana said in the comment section "it's good that someone is writing about this. Maybe the rest of the world will throw enough disapproval in the general direction of GB to put a stop to this."

Getting information out is always better than not ... well ... except for all the countless situations when it isn't ... but I don't think that glaring contradiction contradicts my point. I PLAY BY MY OWN RULES BABY!

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Aquila89 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:49 pm

According to the latest polls, 83% of British people agree with the fox hunting ban. There's no significant difference between people from rural an urban areas. Even Conservative voters are overwhelmingly opposed to fox hunting (70% supports the ban).

Refreshingly candid, though. The guy admits that fox hunting is cruel and it has no practical purpose. It's a blood sport then - no different from dog fights and cock fights - and should be treated as such. If the ban is really that easy to circumvent, it needs to be stricter.

Last edited by Aquila89 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Yeah, I tried fox hunting once. Turned out, Samantha Fox is not much of a fox anymore.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:34 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:Yeah, I tried fox hunting once. Turned out, Samantha Fox is not much of a fox anymore.

It's completely sexist to not kill a woman just because she got old.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Aquila89 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Samantha Fox is still totally killable. I'd love to see more mature women torn apart by vicious dogs. But nowadays, once someone is past 40, they aren't even considered anymore.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Knicholas » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:59 am

Aquila89 wrote:Samantha Fox is still totally killable. I'd love to see more mature women torn apart by vicious dogs. But nowadays, once someone is past 40, they aren't even considered anymore.

It's so sexist. Especially when you consider that Michael J Fox is a lot older and HE got torn apart by dogs just last week.

Knicholas
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:08 am

Knicholas wrote:
Aquila89 wrote:Samantha Fox is still totally killable. I'd love to see more mature women torn apart by vicious dogs. But nowadays, once someone is past 40, they aren't even considered anymore.

It's so sexist. Especially when you consider that Michael J Fox is a lot older and HE got torn apart by dogs just last week.

He actually didn't, he just constantly looks like he's being attacked by invisible dogs...

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby cmsellers » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:45 am

I just want to say that this comment is awesome:

VerminJerky wrote:Where I'm from, torturing an animal to death for fun is called "sociopathy."

It's fun learning about different cultures!

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:10 pm

and of course Call Me Dave and his chums from Eton want to bring it back, as they enjoy watching adorable little foxes get torn to death by packs of dogs.

now to cheer everyone up here's a picture of a fox and badger cubs
05.jpg
05.jpg (27.71 KiB) Viewed 3829 times

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby AboveGL » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:08 am

I love foxoxo's response to someone complaining about what foxes do to chickens:

"So I like to play with my food a little. Like you've never gone to a petting zoo before."

I got a chuckle out of that and other comments by folk with fox usernames and avatars.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:32 am

FieldMarshalFry wrote:now to cheer everyone up here's a picture of a fox and badger cubs

That reminds me: isn't badger-baiting still practiced semi-openly in rural areas?

And what's the deal with badger "culls"?

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Next