7 Things I Learned Reading Every Issue Of ISIS's Magazine

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Postby Paradox » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Cracked hasn't had any noteworthy articles in a while, either good or bad. But I found this a fucking amazing piece. Robert Evans is one hell of a journalist.

I had asked myself what the hell was ISIS' deal. Most terrorist groups seem to devout themselves to some cause. To free their people, to impose their religion, to annihilate their foes, you name it. But ISIS seems to be hated by literally everyone, including their own. They are simply batshit insane.

Last edited by Paradox on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Re: 7 Things I Learned Reading Every Issue Of ISIS's Magazin

Postby Absentia » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Chilling stuff. As much as it pains me, I'm beginning to come around to the notion that a full-scale military intervention is in order.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I read the article, and I am not any closer to understanding ISIS's end-goal or how they think it is feasible in any way. Surely some of them have brains, and understand they can't possible hope to convert or kill the rest of the world, a laughable majority? Yeah I know, disillusioned youth and going out in a blaze of glory and all that but come on.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby EstebanColberto » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:20 pm

They are basically an apocalyptic death cult. They believe it is the end of days. They don't really need a long term plan because their Messiah is going to destroy all their enemies for them eventually.

They essentially get most of their funding and supplies from looting. Their only steady revenue stream is from oil they sell to smugglers at a discount so I don't think they'll manage to establish that empire that stretches from Spain to Pakistan like they're dreaming of, but they might still make gains in Syria as long as everyone is too busy fighting each other to fight them.

EstebanColberto
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:13 pm

EstebanColberto wrote:They are basically an apocalyptic death cult. They believe it is the end of days. They don't really need a long term plan because their Messiah is going to destroy all their enemies for them eventually.

Well my now unfollowed Aunt (she's joined an exclusive club!) posted a video about how ISIS and the Paris bombers were all emisarries of Satan. The video was shot by a serviceman in Korea so it must be valid and the TRUTH. We need to prepare for the end times!

I should add she's married to the Uncle (also now unfollowed) who believes that "they" are coming for you guns and that "the revolution is here."

The older I get, the more I learn about my relatives and the more I wish I only saw them one a year-like the good ole days.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Irishjava » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:35 pm

This was a great article that provoked me to do some extra reading. Here's the best thing I found: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/.

It's a very comprehensive work on ISIS' structure, beliefs, and motivations that includes multiple interviews with recruiters and sympathizers. Pretty much a must read for those looking for more info after Evans' article.

"Prepare to be emancipated, from your own inferior genes!"
-Abradolf Lincler
Irishjava
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep