My Weight Loss Journey

What do you do with your free time?

Re: My Weight Loss Journey

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm quite surprised it's recommending 2100 calories a day in order to lose weight.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby octoberpumpkin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:16 pm

I think it's because my BMI is higher and I'm doing a lot of exercise, it's very much about not losing weight too fast or you'll have trouble keeping it off. Like I said, it's not the best program but it is the one I've had the most success with, so I'll see how it goes

Oh also I've been eating much less sweets which might help!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:35 am

So today was a rest day and I really didn't get much of anything done

Steps:
Did a bit of walking but not much

Challenges:
This one was a surprise challenge. Easy peasy

And also easy

Exercise:
I just put in a quick exercise of light exercise

Food:

And that's all for today!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Okay I am going to use this thread as a journal. I do have this program again because when I ACTUALLY STUCK WITH IT for a while it did work, but I'm going to put even more focus on not doing the bare minimum. So I need you guises help to keep me accountable and also offer any tips and what not. I have the program for my DS now instead of the computer because I actually lost my ipod/pedometer and that way I can bring it with me to school and stuff. So if any of you here have had successful weight loss and muscle building, please give me some feedback in this thread.

Every day I am going to try to update this with how much exercise I did and what I ate. I love food and I love sweets so I won't be giving those up. I know I would have a lot of success if I did but I would be miserable and go right back to it and put the pounds back on. So instead I am going to do my best to moderate. I am also going to take a page (or 20) from my psychology textbook on operant conditioning and find a reward to give myself a reward that I can only have after a week of consistently exercising and eating better. Not sure what it will be yet, but I'm thinking.

Also I will allow myself certain days like today when I am sick and all of that. I have my measurements because I know it's not all about the number and I will weight and measure myself every two weeks. I'll try to take pics too if I can

Day 1 - October 17th

Weight: 220 lbs
Measurements:
Tummy: 43 inches
Chest: 41 inches
Bum/Thighs: 46 inches

Those numbers are depressing but I guess that's part of the point. So tomorrow I will begin my updates! Again, feel free to give any feedback or suggestions on exercises and foods and such. Make sure to poke me if I suddenly stop updating and throw those measurements and numbers at me so I know now to quit!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:24 am

Day 2 - Still sick :(

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:23 am

Day 3 - October 19th

Here is my info according to MyFitnessPal:

Now it says I burned like 500 calories by jogging but that seems to be very much overestimating? But even with that aside, I ate around 1368 calories out of my allowance of 1480 with NO exercise. So hopefully I burned some. 5 weeks to 203 lbs would be pretty nice but again is probably being a bit too generous with me. I am in the green for all of my values which is good also!

Hopefully I am making some progress. Dinner was really good too!

So for exercise I did 40 minutes of jogging split up in to 15 minutes - 10 minutes - 15 minutes. Also about 15 minutes of weights but I didn't enter that in to MyFitnessPal because their weight thing confuses me.

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:10 am

October 20th:

Another good day. School day tomorrow though so we will see~

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:31 pm

I forgot to update this!

So Wednesday was a bad day. Went to the movies and stuff.

Yesterday (Thursday) October 22nd:

So pretty close to my calorie max. I was exhausted from jogging 2 15 minute jogging sessions but I forced myself to do a third and didn't regret it. Especially seeing as how I've already lost some weight, which makes me super pumped!

Let's home I can keep up the progress!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:09 pm

So it has been about 1 week and I am now 216 lbs and my tummy is 41". So 4 lbs and 2 inches in about a week! I should also note that I took my initial measurement in the morning naked without having eaten and I took this one at around 2 pm after having eaten and fully clothed, so hopefully it is actually a loss of 4 lbs and not just a bit of weight fluctuation!

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Previous