5 Bizarre Realities Of My 'Sex Change' You Don't See On TV

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Bizarre Realities Of My 'Sex Change' You Don't See On TV

Postby BinaryStep » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 am

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... nment.html

some dickhead wrote:You can dress it up, pump it full of hormones and mutilate it but none of those things will ever make that creature Female. Demanding that everyone else must call that creature "She" is twisted mental illness; the sort of reality ignoring delusion more befitting a cult than a civilization.

The comments here sure are fun.

Did You Know?
Getting shot can increase your
BULLET RESISTANCE
BinaryStep
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: White Lightning

Re: 5 Bizarre Realities Of My 'Sex Change' You Don't See On

Postby Jack Road » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:20 am

"There is very little long-term data on the effects. The best evidence we have suggests it (a sex change) does have a positive mental health impact on most patients (weirdly enough, results tend to be better for people who transition from female to male than male to female -- nobody knows why)"

This part suprised me, because it seems really obvious to me that transitioning to male would be mentally easier than transitioning to female. But I have no idea why I have that presupposition. Maybe because it seems like masculine women are treated better than feminine men are?

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby gisambards » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Jack Road wrote:"There is very little long-term data on the effects. The best evidence we have suggests it (a sex change) does have a positive mental health impact on most patients (weirdly enough, results tend to be better for people who transition from female to male than male to female -- nobody knows why)"

This part suprised me, because it seems really obvious to me that transitioning to male would be mentally easier than transitioning to female. But I have no idea why I have that presupposition. Maybe because it seems like masculine women are treated better than feminine men are?

I think it's because women cross-dressing is slightly more accepted, mostly because these days women can wear traditionally "masculine" clothing anyway. To someone completely unaware of the concept of transgender people, they would probably just assume a FTM is just a masculine woman, whereas a MTF is clearly more than just a feminine man, as feminine cis men tend not to wear makeup or traditionally "feminine" clothes.

gisambards
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:00 pm

This is one of those topics that I'm genuinely surprised that Cracked didn't turn off the comments.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Paradox » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:24 pm

I didn't read the comments, but I bet a good portion of them is some variant of "what if I don't agree with this? Shouldn't my opinion be respected?" Or other bullshit like that.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby SandTea » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Jack Road wrote:"(weirdly enough, results tend to be better for people who transition from female to male than male to female -- nobody knows why)"

Excuse me if I am reading this wrong or my brain just broke but isn't your opinion exactly what that says? I have brain problems and might be backwards here so, sorry if that's the case. I also haven't read that article yet.

edit: Oh, I think I get what you're saying now. That the "nobody knows why" part is confusing to you(I think?). Apologies. Yeah, there's still sexism against women in the world so being a dude helps that but I have no experience in transitioning/being a women so idk. Seems that would be a "duh" moment though lol

Last edited by SandTea on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby Jack Road » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Yes, sorry, I should have made that more clear. I was surprised that nobody had any reason for something I always assumed was true.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:22 am

I don't want to see five of anything of someone's sex change on television. Now if it's someone's journey through trans-genderism to become a beautiful butterfly then I'd watch it.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:21 pm

NathanLoiselle wrote:I don't want to see five of anything of someone's sex change on television. Now if it's someone's journey through trans-genderism to become a beautiful butterfly then I'd watch it.

Then check this out:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstrudwic ... ixEZDAJdln

F to M took a selfie everyday after starting HRT. The pic below shows him at the beginning of his transition and him now.
enhanced-23786-1444213686-1.jpg
enhanced-23786-1444213686-1.jpg (62.19 KiB) Viewed 9581 times

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:02 pm

That was a lovely and fascinating thing to watch. Thanks for posting it, Sunshine!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby selena81 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:33 am

Jack Road wrote:"There is very little long-term data on the effects. The best evidence we have suggests it (a sex change) does have a positive mental health impact on most patients (weirdly enough, results tend to be better for people who transition from female to male than male to female -- nobody knows why)"

I see 2 reasons:
-a female tends to make a hot male, a male tends to make an ugly female (i am not trying to insult any specific person)
-somehow it seems to me that mtf 'rush into it' more then ftm, either because women are more emotional or because girly men are not acepted by society (i have no real evidence for that idea, just my intuition)

selena81
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:45 am

selena81 wrote:-a female tends to make a hot male, a male tends to make an ugly female

I disagree. I've seen some absolutely stunning transgender women, ones who can make me feel like a toad by comparison! I think a lot of the double standard has to do with male insecurity. They see transgender women as a threat to their heterosexuality in a way that women really don't seem to experience around transgender men.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Windy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:39 pm

sorry Chris chan will never be a real woman

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Windy wrote:sorry Chris chan will never be a real woman

Chris Chan has probably single-handedly set the cause of trans rights back several years.

Here are all these conservatives and TERFs saying that trans women are just men who want to become women in order to invade female spaces and sexually assault cis women.

And then here comes an individual, who after decades of identifying as a man and pursuing women in the creepiest way possible, declares that they are now a woman, starts dressing like a cross between Pennywise and Buffalo Bill, and continues to aggressively pursue women, including straight women who, if Chris Chan really is a woman, would not be into "her."

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby SandTea » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Might be a minority but I have only ever heard of this Chris person from wind and people responding to wind. It sorta makes me think there might be some obsession there but I wouldn't assume that based on so little evidence. Oh, look at that. I accidentally made a point.

Anyways, if anyone wants to claim one person a representative for a whole bunch of other people I would warn against it. That blade has two sides.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Next