6 Ways Critics Of Political Correctness Have It Backwards

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

6 Ways Critics Of Political Correctness Have It Backwards

Postby Gendry » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:06 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-ways-crit ... backwards/
JF Sargent wrote:Let's talk about video games for a minute, because who doesn't love that shit? As we've covered before, the "gamer" community hates political correctness more than any other group that exists does aside from, like, actual neo-Nazis.

"Sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
Gendry
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: King of the Andals

Re: 6 Ways Critics Of Political Correctness Have It Backward

Postby ShuaiGuy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:11 pm

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Oh shit. Not ANOTHER article reminding me that GAMERS exist. I'm so sick of these gamers constantly raping people, school shooting, cyber raping, and cyber school shooting.

Anyone remember what the world was like before gamers?
tumblr_m4scn5zLm91qztjn5o1_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_m4scn5zLm91qztjn5o1_r1_500.jpg (63.79 KiB) Viewed 7396 times

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby ghijkmnop » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:39 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:I will donate $1000 to the the most politically correct charity there is in the name of the first person who punches JF Sargent in the face.

JF Sargent is the new Nicholas Pell.

Or was he always this smug before Mega Hipster showed up?

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby AdricDePsycho » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:42 pm

BROWNRECLUSE wrote:
ghijkmnop wrote:I will donate $1000 to the the most politically correct charity there is in the name of the first person who punches JF Sargent in the face.

JF Sargent is the new Nicholas Pell.

Or was he always this smug before Mega Hipster showed up?

He always was. Just look at him calling a video game sexist because a character cried.

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Tesseracts wrote:I'm so sick of these gamers constantly raping people, school shooting, cyber raping, and cyber school shooting.

Don't forget schooling people in shooting, rape-shooting, shoot-raping, and schooling people in those things.

That's not a comment on the article by the way. I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole or John Mayer's probably less than ten-foot white supremacist dick (which is unrelated to the article but was on my mind at the time I started writing this). I just felt like those items would be thematically approrpiate additions to your list.

On an unrelated note:

Not cool.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby ghijkmnop » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:50 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:51 pm

So, he's reverting back to how he was before? What happened to this version of JF Sargent?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Andropov4 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm reasonably certain not being attracted to black chicks doesn't make you a racist, regardless of what he says about his dick being a white supremacist.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby 52xMax » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:01 pm

#6 Political correctness = diversity, because fuck you.
#5 Let me show you a cartoon and proceed to interpret it the exact opposite way it was intended
#4 We used to have authorities doing the censoring, we kinda miss that so we're doing it ourselves now and that's awesome
#3 Look, a tweet by some random chic didn't get as many mentions. Let's ignore all the mainstream outlets who said the exact same thing over and over until we made a guy cave into the pressure, but let's remember that his compliance proves we are the righteous ones.
#2 Cherry-picked stats, and this is just an excuse to shit on gamers
#1 What's the biggest strawman we can think of? the confederate flag! let's make it all about that and somehow all of our previously stated poor arguments will become valid... somehow.

This is exactly the kind of bullshit I was expecting from JF Sargent, but I was still disappointed anyway.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:So, he's reverting back to how he was before? What happened to this version of JF Sargent?

Cracked is a business, and pumping out an article every so often with the intent to bait and insult a large demographic -- usually gamers -- is an easy way to get loads and loads of clicks. I believe Sargent, and some of his ilk like McKinney, still have the capacity to write great stuff (I bring up McKinney because his science articles were some of my favorites when I was still a regular Cracked reader), but those talents are wasted on the clickbait model.

As for the article itself, I don't have the will to get upset about this anymore. It was worth it back when the overblown social justice slant was an anomaly, but it's such a regular thing now that I just have to shake my head and move on.

Last edited by KleinerKiller on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby rowdyrodimus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Dude, if he is anything in real life like he is in his writing, I'm willing to bet you have to go back a long, long way to find the first person who punched him in his smug face.

I'm probably mistaken, but isn't Sargent the one who pretty much grew up as a trust fund baby? I know it's not really important, just curious.

Oh yeah, it also really bugged me the way he put "candidate" before Trump's name. I get that the Cracked staff has a problem with him, but he's just as much a candidate for the office of President as any of the others in both parties.

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Andropov4 wrote:I'm reasonably certain not being attracted to black chicks doesn't make you a racist, regardless of what he says about his dick being a white supremacist.

I agree, but damn do I love that description. It just makes me giggle. I'd like to think his condoms look like little Klan robes.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby 52xMax » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:12 pm

Fun With Mr. Fudge wrote:
Andropov4 wrote:I'm reasonably certain not being attracted to black chicks doesn't make you a racist, regardless of what he says about his dick being a white supremacist.

I agree, but damn do I love that description. It just makes me giggle. I'd like to think his condoms look like little Klan robes.

There's an idea! I bet we could make some sweet cash marketing those in all those places in the south. Stamp a confederate flag on the box and we're golden.

It's only a matter of teaching them how to use condoms, and that you need to wear them even if it's your sister.

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Next