5 Celebrities Way More Disgusting Than You

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Celebrities Way More Disgusting Than You

Postby AdricDePsycho » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:21 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-worst ... -all-time/

To quote Peter Griffin: "Oh my God, who the hell cares?"

To quote Thunderous in the comments of this article: "I'm sorry, I seem to have opened up the wrong website; I thought I was going to Cracked, I seemed to have ended up at E!"

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Re: 5 Celebrities Way More Disgusting Than You

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:25 pm

To be fair,.....ew.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Revolving Royal » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:32 pm

The E! comparison is spot on. It seems like I could visit any website with celebrity "news" to read this, why would Cracked's article stand out?

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:19 am

5. Well, if she did it'd scrap off the white paint.
4. But it's clean cat litter.
3. Shailene Who?
2. Who doesn't stuff food into their bed? You don't? Weirdo.
1. OMG! Brad Pitt is so disgusting!!!

Apparently I care Peter, apparently I care.

Last edited by NathanLoiselle on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:20 am

Was Nathan just possessed by Ericho?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby AdricDePsycho » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:29 am

Someone pointed out that Marilyn Monroe's little...habits...were probably a symptom of her mental issues.

I just feel weird about this because...well Cracked has ran similar articles about historical figures and their weird personal lives (Michelangelo hardly bathed even by the day's standards), but somehow, I don't know why, this article just feels off to me. Somebody could word this better, I'm sure.

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:33 am

I can personally attest that sleeping naked is a symptom of bi-polar disorder.

What. You meant the food thing?

Nah. That's just downright weird.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Nullbert » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Heh, Brad Pitt agrees with me. Showers just take too long.
SEE, I KNEW I WAS RIGHT! I'M CONSERVING WATER, GODDAMNIT!

Nullbert
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: British Bastard

Postby Revolving Royal » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:35 pm

So that's why Brad has looked like a dirty beach hobo for a solid decade

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby sunglasses » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:55 am

I've had to have people remind me that it doesn't matter if you don't care, someone cares about it. No matter how trite it might seem to you.

That being said, I could take or leave stuff like this although I do cackle with glee reading over crappy habits of the rich and famous. Also, ew, Brad Pitt. Seriously. I mean, I'm a member of the "Most Americans Shower too much" but not bathing at all just to use baby wipes? And only on your armpits? Man if you're just going to use baby wipes then at least wipe off your balls and ass crack-that's where the sweat pools.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby ShuaiGuy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:20 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:27 am

The stuff about Marilyn Monroe is not credible. First of all, the article says "According to a biography of former lover Clark Gable..." and they link to an article in which we learn that the biography says that Monroe and Gable were not lovers.

Secondly, biographies about celebrities who died a long time ago are generally useless. The dead cannot sue, so they can make up whatever salacious bullshit they please. Often, they don't even bother citing sources. Just look at the Amazon reviews of this book in question.

My friends: if you hear something scandalous about a dead celebrity, and its cited to some recent biography: keep in mind that it's about as credible as a Daily Mail article writing: "a source close to the actor told us..." Or even less so.

(And even some of it is true: as Adric pointed out, it's probably a symptom of her mental breakdown, and not her being disgusting. Clark Gable and Marilyn met on the set of The Misfits, her last film. At that point, she had severe drug addiction, and filming had to be stopped for a week to take her to detox. Plus, her marriage to Arthur Miller was falling apart. So, it's possible that by that time, she didn't take care of herself; but that doesn't mean she always behaved like this.)

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby ShuaiGuy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:47 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:07 pm

#5 She flosses every day. That's more than I do, probably more than most people do. She also uses a shirt to get plaque off her teeth, and I doubt that's really much different than using a brush.

#4 This is actually smart. Exfoliating products are just overpriced rocks or salt or some shit. She's using a cheap product to get the same effect. As long as it hasn't also been used by a cat, I don't see the problem.

#3 This is stupid more than gross.

#2 Marilyn Monroe is dead. That's pretty gross.

#1 He said he's too busy to shower sometimes. So what? He didn't say he never showers. I don't shower every single day, lots of people don't. I certainly wouldn't if I was shooting a damn movie.

Can we go back to scrutinizing celebrities for hating vaccines instead of their hygiene?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby AdricDePsycho » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Aquila89 wrote:The stuff about Marilyn Monroe is not credible. First of all, the article says "According to a biography of former lover Clark Gable..." and they link to an article in which we learn that the biography says that Monroe and Gable were not lovers.

Secondly, biographies about celebrities who died a long time ago are generally useless. The dead cannot sue, so they can make up whatever salacious bullshit they please. Often, they don't even bother citing sources. Just look at the Amazon reviews of this book in question.

My friends: if you hear something scandalous about a dead celebrity, and its cited to some recent biography: keep in mind that it's about as credible as a Daily Mail article writing: "a source close to the actor told us..." Or even less so.

(And even some of it is true: as Adric pointed out, it's probably a symptom of her mental breakdown, and not her being disgusting. Clark Gable and Marilyn met on the set of The Misfits, her last film. At that point, she had severe drug addiction, and filming had to be stopped for a week to take her to detox. Plus, her marriage to Arthur Miller was falling apart. So, it's possible that by that time, she didn't take care of herself; but that doesn't mean she always behaved like this.)

I'm pretty sure the author just skimmed that link about Clark Gable. There was another article where the authors called the Native American woman who went to the Oscars on Marlon Brando's behalf a "fake", even though the link provided was about her NOT being fake and how those allegations of being fake messed up her life. Ironically, the article wasn't even that bad (it was about actor meltdowns on the set of famous movies). It seems like a tradition at this point, though I can't blame them...writing shit is hard, man!

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep