Jesus, did I drop the ball today..

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Jesus, did I drop the ball today..

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:23 pm

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Re: Jesus, did I drop the ball today..

Postby sunglasses » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:03 am

Yeahhhhh

I live 8 miles away. The people in this area often think that grass spiders are brown recluses. It happens all the time.

Unless the spiders were deemed to be brown recluses by an arachnologist I call bullshit. And sorry, pest control people are not entomologists nor arachnologists.

Looks like they talked to a "bug educator" but I cannot find any information on how they officially identified the spiders or if they officially identified the spiders.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby GarbouwDeark » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:28 am

Recluse, is there some sort of mating call you can use to lead them away?

Maybe a tap dance of sorts?

GarbouwDeark
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:08 am

sunglasses wrote:
Unless the spiders were deemed to be brown recluses by an arachnologist I call bullshit. And sorry, pest control people are not entomologists nor arachnologists.

Looks like they talked to a "bug educator" but I cannot find any information on how they officially identified the spiders or if they officially identified the spiders.

If it's a larger pest company like Terminix or Orkin, they do employ entomologists. But, they serve as regional support - every branch office will not have a licensed entomologist on hand.

GarbouwDeark wrote:Recluse, is there some sort of mating call you can use to lead them away?

Maybe a tap dance of sorts?

Fetty Wap's "Trap Queen" is usually used to attract the attention of spiders.

If not available Birdman's classic "Numbah One Stunna" works as well.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:29 am

Half an hour drive away from me according to google, topic was posted around that time, in spider time that's, oh shit is that a brown cloud? F

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby rowdyrodimus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:30 pm

This time of year, our neighborhood gets infested by Brown Recluse's. Every house gets them in the hundreds so the city actually pays to have our homes sprayed for them. The only good thing is that you are either allergic to them or not. Unfortunately, I am but my Dad isn't. I got bit by one earlier in the summer and the wound is just now about to heal. What happens is where the bite occurs, the venom causes it to blister and eat away at the skin and tissue in an area about the size of a half dollar. The wound heals but it leaves a scar and I have quite a few of them on my legs. My Mom and I used to go outside at night and find them all over the driveway and a lot of them were pregnant females, when we'd step on them hundreds if babies would rush out of each of them.

The reason we have so many of them is because we have wooded areas all over the place and they seem to thrive in those areas. Like I said the city pays to have our houses sprayed for them but if you aren't home when they come to spray, you're screwed because they all try to rush to the "safehouses". It was so bad a few years ago, one of the homes here had to be condemned because of how many they had. However, losing them causes the wasp populations to grow to scary levels. We found a nest the other day inside one of our windows and there were about 200 wasps just flying around inside it, thankfully we had the window closed and were able to spray through the screen and kill them all before destroying the nests. I wish I would've got a picture of it but my nieces were here and so scared I had to do something quick. But yeah, Brown Recluse spiders, good for some things bad for others.

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:42 pm

rowdyrodimus wrote:My Mom and I used to go outside at night and find them all over the driveway and a lot of them were pregnant females, when we'd step on them hundreds if babies would rush out of each of them.

My......my children (sob)

BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:06 am

rowdyrodimus wrote:My Mom and I used to go outside at night and find them all over the driveway and a lot of them were pregnant females, when we'd step on them hundreds if babies would rush out of each of them.

and that is why you use fire, and lots of it
fire.gif
fire.gif (239.35 KiB) Viewed 6748 times

oh and Sunny... I think ANY infestation of ANY type of spider is worth burning the place down and starting again

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby sunglasses » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:42 pm

*hides her wee bitty kitchen spiders that have taken up residence in her window sills*

And that, Fry, is why you're never invited to my house.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:30 pm

well that and the travel costs, there is literally an ocean between us, and plane tickets are just getting more and more expensive

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:08 pm

FieldMarshalFry wrote:There is literally an ocean between us, and plane tickets are just getting more and more expensive

Well the ocean is continually getting wider, so it's only reasonable.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:30 am

oh no you don't Carrie! don't you try and defend them! we've all seen those cheques the airlines sent you for defending their price hikes! while it may be getting bigger it is NOT getting bigger at the rate they are increasing the prices by! you don't have me fooled!

FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby jbobsully11 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:43 pm

#8: Holy shit, a Jumanji sequel? There's no way that will be terrible...

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby mancityfooty » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:11 pm

I'm guessing everyone missed "The Dark Tower" on the list of movies to be made?

Or was that just me?

72% Vanilla
mancityfooty
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Duke Mix a Lot

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:46 pm

mancityfooty wrote:I'm guessing everyone missed "The Dark Tower" on the list of movies to be made?

Or was that just me?

I'll believe it when I see an official trailer.

BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Next