5 Things I Learned At A 'Pray Away The Gay' Camp

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Things I Learned At A 'Pray Away The Gay' Camp

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:04 pm

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... -camp.html
HOW THE HELL IS THAT LEGAL!?! that is the sort of shit that is you did to an enemy army would get you dragged off the The Hague for war crimes! I lost count of the number of laws, domestic (well at least on this side of the pond), international and breaches of the Geneva Convention in that article!!!

thankfully I recently read Obama is on the case when it comes to banning them and the public would never stand for anything like that starting up here (a recently conference in London only had about 100 attendees), even the right wing Mayor of London has banned any adverts relating to it http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/a ... is-johnson

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Re: 5 Things I Learned At A 'Pray Away The Gay' Camp

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:The First Amendment of the Constitution is not a two-edged sword-- it has so many edges and sides it could be considered a buzzsaw blade.

Are you sure it's not a lightsabre? It has no edges and yet it's nothing but edge. Does it have one edge that goes all the way round, or infinitely many edges? Probably both. And it has no balance because the blade is insubstantial, so it's an absolute bitch to wield with any precision.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Torture! Totally effective at nothing beyond PTSD.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby ShuaiGuy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:26 pm

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:35 pm

I wonder what would happen if you contacted The Hague about those camps...

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby ShuaiGuy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 pm

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Askias » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:53 pm

FieldMarshalFry wrote:I wonder what would happen if you contacted The Hague about those camps...

Not a whole lot.

The International Criminal Court is not accepted by the USA, unless on a case-to-case basis when it suits them.
The International Court of Justice does not prosecute people, only states.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_S ... inal_Court
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internat ... of_Justice

My own country has a solution I find fitting: Since homosexuality is not an illness, and thus cannot be cured, any attempts to 'cure' ('reform', 'change', and so on) it can never be viewed as proper care. That said, it is not illegal when done to consending adults as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: And the International Criminal Court is made for crimes against Humanity. The bar for prosecution is very, very high. Even if the case was brought to them, no chance they'll do anything about it. The court has convicted a total of 36 people in 18 investigations, most of which never showed up (Joseph Kony and Muammar Gaddafi were both convicted in absence).

Last edited by Askias on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby ghijkmnop » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby Marcuse » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:08 pm

This kind of stuff just straight up hurts to read. I know that we're all up in arms about how it's wrong and how we might hypothetically prosecute people for it. I just want to express that this kind of stuff gives me this scratchy feeling under my skin when other people have been hurt so badly for no reason. It's becoming scarily familiar.

I feel sorry for this guy, nobody should be tortured. Just in general really. But doing it to try to remove an innate sexuality that he can't change is just despicable. There's no way he can ever comply truly with what they demanded and as such he was really placed in an invidious position where he either lied and denied who he is or accepted being tortured all the time. It's disgusting.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 pm

It actually makes me wish it's illegal to force a kid into a religion until he or she is of age. I get religion can be amazing for one's life on occasion, but parents have more than proved that they can't be trusted with such power.

They talk so much about things that "corrupt the minds of the young", when they are actually the ones doing it.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby octoberpumpkin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:08 pm

I'm having an argument with my mom about this type of thing.

For those who don't know, I was sexually abused which lead to having a child young, a child I couldn't provide for because of the situation of abuse and leaving the abuse and now the mental issues stemming from it (and other life things). So right now I'm trying to go to school, get a career, and work on my mental health. In the meantime, my son lives with my mother who, in her defense, is 1000x better than she was with me since she recovered from her addictions.

There's a point to all of that, I'm sorry. I grew up in a certain part of Canada where Catholic schools are basically nicer public schools. There was no forced prayer, and the religion was never pushed on me, nor did we speak of it anywhere other than religious studies where we spoke of many religions. It wasn't one school because I moved around a lot and all the schools were like that. My mom now lives in Boston and I live in upstate South Carolina, and the religious schools... are quite a bit different. But my mom refuses to believe me about that.

He starts kindergarten in the fall and she really really wants him to go to a Catholic school. I really really don't. There are 3 things I'm worried about happening:
1) He becomes one of "those" religious people, full of hate and judgement
2) He becomes one of "those" people who hates religion and everything about it because it was forced on him
3) He's stuck in a religious belief he isn't happy with because he's worried he'll go to hell/be shunned/not fit in, etc etc

All of these things can happen if religion is forced on someone and I do not under any circumstance want a religion forced on my son. I want him to find what makes him happy. So it's been a very big kerfuffle.

What these people have to go through is absolutely terrible and I hate it. I don't even know what to say or do to make it better, I don't know why some people are so full of hate, I don't know why a parent would do this to their child. It's all just very sick

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:05 pm

Why would anyone want to "pray" away the happiness? This just doesn't make any sense to me.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby gorillathehun » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:53 pm

As I understand it you're supposed to be repentant and according to these anti-gay sects, happiness is sinful.

"Negative. I am a meat popsicle." - Corbin Dallas
gorillathehun
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby AdricDePsycho » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:36 am

God fucking damn it, religious conservatives.

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Next