7 Things You Learn As A Straight Guy Who's A Crossdresser

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

7 Things You Learn As A Straight Guy Who's A Crossdresser

Postby LaChaise » Thu May 28, 2015 5:27 am

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1646-7-things-you-learn-as-straight-guy-whos-crossdresser.html

This article reminded me that I'm really lucky. As you may know, I really like to crossdress. Although I've received a lot of hate for my looks (I'm not even talking about crossdressing here, just long hair, feminine looks), the people around me always have been at worst indifferent and more frequently totally into it.
I mean, my girlfriend gets jealous when I wear some of her dresses better than her and lends me her high heels when we go out together; my roommate, who was androphobe when we met, actually goes along with me when I find him a nice dress; and my other friends react in one of two ways: for most men it's "oh damn, had I not known you were a dude I'd have hit on you", for most women it's "let me show you every piece of clothes I own one by one, we're going to have some fun!"

I've always been taking that for granted, when that's obviously not the case for most people. And I wouldn't even call crossdressing a need or a strong part of my identity! I just like to wear dresses because they look good on me and women's clothes are way more diverse and creative than men's clothes.

Anyway, what did you think about that? I really didn't understand the part where he says there's no place for him with most communities. I mean, I understand because that's usually how these communities work, but damn is that dumb.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Re: 7 Things You Learn As A Straight Guy Who's A Crossdresse

Postby octoberpumpkin » Thu May 28, 2015 5:38 am

I enjoyed the article. It made me think how I would react if my boyfriend told me he crossdresses and I realized I wouldn't really care. He's still the same man! Just in a dress!

Now I'm not a man and this might be insensitive, so I apologize, but I found it a bit curious about the tucking the stuff inside the abdomen. To me it sounds like that would be more painful and uncomfortable, whereas the writer seems to imply it's the more comfortable option. I'm just surprised, but I don't have that equipment so I don't really know! Just found it interesting.

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby LaChaise » Thu May 28, 2015 5:53 am

Yeah I've tried to do that once and... ouch. Just so much ouch.
Unless you're hung like a horse and/or try wearing G-strings, women's underwear are at most uncomfortable, but it's easy to make it work. You can have some "oops" moments when your junk tries to sneak out (looking at you, panties with a weak elastic band). Of course, it's easier to wear boyshorts than low-cut panties. Fortunately, it happens that my favorite underwear are lace boyshorts (on me or my girlfriend). So sexy, comfortable AND affordable! I don't understand why women don't wear these more.

"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"

"I'll die soon. But the last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life."
LaChaise
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: Lust in Translation

Postby Tesseracts » Thu May 28, 2015 5:58 am

I knew someone in college who liked to cross dress. He was incredibly insecure about it, which didn't make sense to me because I knew the environment of the college and I knew he wouldn't be judged. He was kind of half in the closet, half not. He would have me paint his nails, I'd take photos of it, and he would tell me not to put them on Facebook. He said it was a secret. Then one day he would walk everywhere wearing a headband and other women's hair accessories in his hair. But you'd ask him about it and he'd act weird and evasive and act like it didn't happen.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby AboveGL » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 am

octoberpumpkin wrote:I found it a bit curious about the tucking the stuff inside the abdomen. To me it sounds like that would be more painful and uncomfortable

Oh trust me, you get used to it. It feels really strange and uncomfortable at first because your balls just aren't used to it. However, I tend to avoid tucking ALL the way because I get a dull ache. Not to mention, I have a fear of getting testes torsion.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Thu May 28, 2015 8:49 am

[Deleted]

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun May 31, 2015 5:55 pm

LaChaise wrote:Fortunately, it happens that my favorite underwear are lace boyshorts (on me or my girlfriend). So sexy, comfortable AND affordable! I don't understand why women don't wear these more.

I agree. I don't wear any other kind.

Well, not lacy. Not a fan of lacy underwear, it scratches.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Popinki » Sun May 31, 2015 11:52 pm

LaChaise wrote:Yeah I've tried to do that once and... ouch. Just so much ouch.
Unless you're hung like a horse and/or try wearing G-strings, women's underwear are at most uncomfortable, but it's easy to make it work. You can have some "oops" moments when your junk tries to sneak out (looking at you, panties with a weak elastic band). Of course, it's easier to wear boyshorts than low-cut panties. Fortunately, it happens that my favorite underwear are lace boyshorts (on me or my girlfriend). So sexy, comfortable AND affordable! I don't understand why women don't wear these more.

I used to work in a department store and had to work the occasional shift in the lingerie department. Once in a while I'd get a fellow shopping for himself and they tended to gravitate towards boyshorts as well. Guys buying for their girlfriends tended to go for buttfloss thongs (and be terminally embarrassed to be seen walking around with womens' underwear in hand.)

I like 'em myself, but agree with CarrieVS: no lace. Itchy.

Popinki
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Popinki » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:22 am

LaChaise wrote: I really didn't understand the part where he says there's no place for him with most communities. I mean, I understand because that's usually how these communities work, but damn is that dumb.

This is just the perspective of a cishet scum outsider looking in, but it seems to me that as much as the LGBTQ community claims to represent all those groups equally it's more like a high school full of exclusive cliques who don't want to let any outsiders in.

In a way it makes sense because each group has its own issues and challenges in daily life, but then you get outliers like Vera who don't fit into any of the cliques and there aren't enough of them to fill up their own lunch table.

Popinki
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:29 am

Popinki wrote:
LaChaise wrote: I really didn't understand the part where he says there's no place for him with most communities. I mean, I understand because that's usually how these communities work, but damn is that dumb.

This is just the perspective of a cishet scum outsider looking in, but it seems to me that as much as the LGBTQ community claims to represent all those groups equally it's more like a high school full of exclusive cliques who don't want to let any outsiders in.

In a way it makes sense because each group has its own issues and challenges in daily life, but then you get outliers like Vera who don't fit into any of the cliques and there aren't enough of them to fill up their own lunch table.

The LGBT "community" is pretty stupid.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby ShuaiGuy » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:17 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Popinki » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:19 am

Tesseracts wrote:
The LGBT "community" is pretty stupid.

Yeah, if their ultimate goal is to live freely in society without judgement, I don't see what's to be gained by doubling down on the judginess within their own ranks.

@ShuaiGuy I think it's the way they show off a bit of booty but leave something to the imagination. I'd bet seeing a hot babe trying to dig out a thong wedgie would sort of kill the moment, too.

Popinki
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Delta Jim » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:21 am

ShuaiGuy wrote:On a side note I wholly endorse boyshorts. I dunno why, I mean I think thongs are sexy but boyshorts just speak to me on a spiritual level.

I don't know that they speak to me on a spiritual level, but I certainly prefer them to thongs.

Popinki wrote:I'd bet seeing a hot babe trying to dig out a thong wedgie would sort of kill the moment, too.

Pretty much, yeah.

"Do you like what you see? Do you think I'm se... hang on, lemme pull my underwear outta my ass crack."

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby AboveGL » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:20 am

Boyshorts are fucking nice. I love women's boxers too.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby EstebanColberto » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:35 am

ShuaiGuy wrote:
That's very true. It's kind of like using the term "minority" to mean anyone who isn't white. Every racial group has problems, and generally they (can) band together to do something that benefits them all, but they love/hate everyone in the large group just as much as they love/hate the people outside the group.

I have a problem with using the term minority when referring to women. I get that their status as equals has been challenged throughout most of history, but minority doesn't sound like the right word to use since there's just as many of us as there are of them. Just sounds silly.

EstebanColberto
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Next