This new gag article about Avengers: Age of Ultron

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

This new gag article about Avengers: Age of Ultron

Postby AdricDePsycho » Mon May 25, 2015 2:21 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/if-age-ultr ... re-honest/

For a parody, it's OK, except for two REALLY glaring things that irked me.

1. They don't go to Wakanda, they go to Johannesburg, South Africa.

Spoilers for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2:

Spoiler: show
2. Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World ARE necessary to Phase 2. Iron Man 3 shows Tony get through the aftereffects of the Avengers. He destroys his old suits made during his PTSD to start over with a clean slate (he even calls it a Clean Slate program), which includes Ultron, initially created so that he doesn't have to be Iron Man anymore. Thor: the Dark World shows how Thor got back to Earth, and him deciding to stay. THEY ARE ALL NECESSARY, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED.

Other than that, pretty weird article.

Last edited by Dr. Ambiguous on Tue May 26, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added spoiler tag
We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Re: This new gag article about Avengers: Age of Ultron

Postby NathanLoiselle » Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Dude, it's only a comic book story.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby AdricDePsycho » Tue May 26, 2015 12:20 am

I still like attention to detail.

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Askias » Tue May 26, 2015 1:07 am

NathanLoiselle wrote:Dude, it's only a comic book story.

If you're going to write an article about a movie, comic book story or not, you should pay attention to said movie.

The article was... Not my taste.

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Tue May 26, 2015 10:34 am

AdricDePsycho wrote:Spoilers for Iron Man 3 and Thor 2:

Spoiler: show
2. Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World ARE necessary to Phase 2. Iron Man 3 shows Tony get through the aftereffects of the Avengers. He destroys his old suits made during his PTSD to start over with a clean slate (he even calls it a Clean Slate program), which includes Ultron, initially created so that he doesn't have to be Iron Man anymore. Thor: the Dark World shows how Thor got back to Earth, and him deciding to stay. THEY ARE ALL NECESSARY, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED.

So first off, I didn't read the article, because I don't like how Cracked handles Marvel articles. Moving on, I like IM3 and Thor 2, but I don't think I'd call either necessary to phase 2. Very little in either movie directly pertains to Avengers 2, or events in other phase 2 movies. I'd have to rewatch IM3 to be sure, but I don't recall anything in it that is needed to set up Age of Ultron, nor anything in AoU that relies heavily on IM3. Sure, it's a good movie, but I wouldn't call it necessary. Likewise with Thor 2. Him getting back to Earth is something that could pretty easily be explained in the movie, and in a pretty short scene too. Hell, I'm not sure how necessary Winter Soldier is either. (Though I imagine that'll be a lot more important once Civil War hits). Whedon stated that he made the movie knowing that a lot of people will have only seen the first Avengers, if even that, so he's going to try to convey the important information in the film itself.

Joss Whedon wrote:I have to make my movie assuming that people will only have seen the first one, or possibly not even seen the first one. I can't assume that everybody went to see Thor [The Dark World], Captain America [The Winter Soldier], and Iron Man [3] in-between. I have to go from one movie to the next and be true to what's happened, but not be slavish to it... The model I'm always trying to build from, my guiding star, is The Godfather Part II where a ton has happened in-between and it's a very different movie [from The Godfather], but you don't need any information: it's there in the film."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing any of those movies. I'm a big fan of the MCU, and I've enjoyed all of them except Hulk. But you don't need to have watched any other phase 2 movies for Age of Ultron to make sense. You don't really have to have even seen any other MCU movie.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby AdricDePsycho » Wed May 27, 2015 2:27 pm

Oh yes I agree, except with IM3. Remember, he ends it trying to help the world without being Iron Man. That leads to him creating Ultron. It may not be necessary to AoU, but it might for, say, Civil War. Tony has a whole character arc going on, and right now he's on the all time low point.

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep