6 Awful Realities Of Being a Lawyer For Children

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

6 Awful Realities Of Being a Lawyer For Children

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon May 11, 2015 4:33 pm

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1610-6-awful-realities-work-as-child-advocacy-attorney.html
I expected the woman in #4 to eventually snap and become some sort of attention whore themed super-villain.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Re: 6 Awful Realities Of Being a Lawyer For Children

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon May 11, 2015 4:45 pm

This is a wholly depressing article. What is it about divorce that brings out the very worst in people? I completely understand that there's often anger involved, along with feelings of betrayal, but what makes people think those feelings entitle them to do such monstrous shit as falsely accuse someone of the worst thing a human being can do? "He cheated on me and spent all our money," is NOT going to cut it!

Also, I'm inclined to agree with some of the comments about the situation with the woman in a coma. Had she not been in a coma, nobody would have questioned her fitness as a parent before letting her take that baby home to what may or may not have been a brothel for pedophiles. Why, then, did he have to provide anything more than a positive paternity test to obtain custody of his child?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby sunglasses » Mon May 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Was it Texas? Also, was the baby white? All sorts of people want to adopt white babies....

and divorce really brings out the shitty side of people. when my cousin told me she was getting divorced and that her ex was moving out of their house that day I said to her that I was concerned that there wasn't anyone supervising him. I didn't trust what he might do. She said no, that he wouldn't do anything to hurt his kids.

Later I found out that he had destroyed everything he didn't take with him. Including the children's toys.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby thatindianguy » Mon May 11, 2015 5:54 pm

I imagine when he said, 'No' to that 13 year old, he phrased it as, 'WHAT? NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Also I'm buying you a chastity belt! They make those right Frank?'

'Uh yeah but they're a fetish thing so maybe don't buy one for a 13 year old?'

'Fuck it, worth the risk.'

thatindianguy
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep