HELP, I HAVE A TROLL

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

HELP, I HAVE A TROLL

Postby AdricDePsycho » Thu May 07, 2015 2:20 am

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-groups-pe ... ee-speech/
So I'm on one if the comment threads in this article, and some asshole named DavidNielsen makes an insult about how autistic people are "a drain on society". Being naturally offended, I verbally tear him a new one. Now he's replied, and pissing me off. How do I report him?

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Re: HELP, I HAVE A TROLL

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu May 07, 2015 2:33 am

Considering that you "verbally tore him a new one," you don't. Unless he's following you around and actually harassing you, you don't get to report people for besting you in a spat. In any event, there's a thread on PWoT for reporting comments. Someone here can link you to it, I'm sure.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Jeckel » Thu May 07, 2015 2:38 am

If you really feel the need to report him, then there is a thread in the forums: http://www.cracked.com/forums/topic/124499

They generally only do something about people who make threats, use hate speech, or post those multipage long spam posts. What did the person say that is worth reporting?

EDIT: What DamianaRaven said.

Jeckel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Thu May 07, 2015 2:39 am

Mmm, you go into PWOT and go to the report abusive commentors thread, post the comments there, the user profile, and the article. That said, he said something obviously awful, and you responded by launching into a profanity laden tirade, insulted him multiple times, and told him to go fuck himself. All of which is both unacceptable and also against Cracked's rules. That wasn't a prudent or acceptable response, and I'm not sure how they'll respond to this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just banned both of you.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby Jeckel » Thu May 07, 2015 2:46 am

Wait. Cursing at, insulting, and telling people to fuck themselves is against the cracked commenting rules? Crap, that is pretty much the only reason I ever comment there...

Jeckel
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Thu May 07, 2015 2:50 am

Jeckel wrote:Wait. Cursing at, insulting, and telling people to fuck themselves is against the cracked commenting rules? Crap, that is pretty much the only reason I ever comment there...

The trick for commenting that way on Cracked, at least from my experience, is to mix the profanity and insults in with comedy and tact. Some of the best comments I've ever seen came out of comedic geniuses rebuking dumbasses.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby AdricDePsycho » Thu May 07, 2015 3:01 am

Damn...I told him to go fuck himself. I guess it'll implicate me as well. I don't feel like reporting him right now, since after the HeadPoncho Scientology incident, that'll just encourage him

By the way, this was my comment:

"Fuck you, you miserable troll. I have Asperger's, and my brother is high functioning autistic. He didn't know how to talk until he was 5. He hums loudly when he's excited, and acts like he's 7 (he's almost 15). If you want to insult people with autism, then do it to his face. You are purely vomit, sir, mold that grows from the lingering feelings of hate that dwell in society, and spews out their hatred like a broken sewage pipe. You are s**t, scum, piss, and trash. You wanna talk about autism? Do you know how it feels to be me? I can't even TALK without breaking into a cold sweat. I don't want to hear another anti-vax or "death to autism" quote out of you, so without further ado, I implore you to go f**k yourself".

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby AdricDePsycho » Thu May 07, 2015 3:02 am

He said "It would be better to be dead than severely autistic. They're just a drain on society".

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu May 07, 2015 3:22 am

Sweetie, he did that hoping that you would do exactly what you've done. You've got to learn to downvote that shit and move right along, or the internet will be a miserable place for you. Also, consider the fact that you're expecting the privilege of cussing and insulting people to your heart's content, but also insist that they not be allowed to say things that upset you. Is that the kind of person you want to be?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby AdricDePsycho » Thu May 07, 2015 3:28 am

No...

Don't feed the trolls, understood. I have enough problems trying to ignore bullying back in middle school...it's hard. Next time I see him troll, I'll downvote and ignore. Thanks Damiana

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Thu May 07, 2015 3:38 am

Adric, please stop double posting, it's bad forum etiquette. There's no need to post and then post again in the same thread within the next few minutes. If no-one has posted in response yet an your post is still recent (within the past few hours) then use the edit function to add what you have to say into your last post. Rule of thumb, if your post is within the past 24 hours and still the most recent post, you don't need to post again and it's better to use the edit function (there are of course exceptions). But if it's within the past 15 minutes, there's no need to post again instead of using the edit function. I'm pointing this out because I've seen you do this a lot lately.

As for trolls. I say report and move on. If they continue to troll/harass, then be sure to bring that up with the site's moderation.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby AdricDePsycho » Thu May 07, 2015 3:44 am

Sorry Ambi. Old Cracked habit, I guess.

AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Thu May 07, 2015 4:08 am

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby AboveGL » Thu May 07, 2015 8:40 am

DamianaRaven wrote:Sweetie, he did that hoping that you would do exactly what you've done. You've got to learn to downvote that shit and move right along, or the internet will be a miserable place for you.

This 100%.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Anglerphobe » Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 am

Don't worry about this prick, I've seen him around Cracked a few times recently and he is a pure troll. He seems to be very dogged in his posting (There was a thread I saw where his replies span multiple days) but he will come and go like any other, either banned or bored because people wise up to it.

As various people above me have said, it would be easiest to simply avoid him, but if you do feel inclined to respond I will recommend some witty counter trolling (King Zog is good at this). Done well, that kind of thing effectively reverses the trolling by turning it into a source of merriment and joy. Personally I would just downvote and ignore though.

"Tusser, they tell me, when thou wert alive,
Thou, teaching thrift, thyselfe couldst never thrive.
So, like the whetstone, many men are wont
To sharpen others, when themselves are blunt."

Anyone who has any kind of opinion fucking disgusts me.
Anglerphobe
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: round Earth shill

Next