Video Games. Rewards and Insanity.

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Video Games. Rewards and Insanity.

Postby thatindianguy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:22 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-subtle-ways-video-games-change-way-you-think/

So the new title is '5 behaviours that Video Games Reward and Reality says are Crazy', which means this is the first time the revised title actually makes more sense.

thatindianguy
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Re: Video Games. Rewards and Insanity.

Postby Arkyle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Only reason I read it was that the original caption looked like the Lich King from Wow. Agree with you about the title change though.

Arkyle
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:27 pm

I don't know what they're talking about. All those behaviours seem perfectly normal and sane to me.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Matt the Czar » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:27 pm

My comment:
#6: Perception of a Person Becomes a Variable

"Hmm, Joe doesn't like that I stole his stapler. Maybe if I give him 5 of the Pencil resource and the secret technology of Alt+Tab his mood will change from Annoyed to Cautious."

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby AveryGlendale » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:01 am

Matt the Czar wrote:My comment:
#6: Perception of a Person Becomes a Variable

"Hmm, Joe doesn't like that I stole his stapler. Maybe if I give him 5 of the Pencil resource and the secret technology of Alt+Tab his mood will change from Annoyed to Cautious."

That may have worked in the past, but the Pencil resource is now considered a luxury and technology trading no longer exists, and since Joe is an artificial intelligence (probably) his reaction to your proposal will be erratic at best! He'll probably also want 4 of your Eraser resource as well as your coffee resource/open borders with your drawer (but not you with his) for 25 turns! If you refuse that (and obviously you will), he'll get pissy and publicly denounce you! There's no winning!

Spoiler: show
Obviously your only choice is to kill him.

SQUAAAAAAK
AveryGlendale
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: Starship Captain(?)

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:51 am

AveryGlendale wrote:That may have worked in the past, but the Pencil resource is now considered a luxury and technology trading no longer exists, and since Joe is an artificial intelligence (probably) his reaction to your proposal will be erratic at best! He'll probably also want 4 of your Eraser resource as well as your coffee resource/open borders with your drawer (but not you with his) for 25 turns! If you refuse that (and obviously you will), he'll get pissy and publicly denounce you! There's no winning!

Spoiler: show
Obviously your only choice is to kill him.

See. Now this is why I treat video games just like real life. Either I kill you or ignore you completely.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep