5 Things People Don't Understand About Only Children

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Things People Don't Understand About Only Children

Postby EvilerDictator » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-people-dont-understand-about-only-children/

I see the comments on this article have been reduced to 'YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IT'S LIKE BEING AN ONLY CHILD' 'I HAVE A MILLION SIBLINGS AND I FEEL ALONE TOO' and 'I'M NOT SPOILT, THE SIBLING HAPPY KIDS I KNEW WERE!'

Seriously, it's become a competition about whether or not it's better to have siblings or not, or people getting shirty about stuff.

Besides, everyone knows clones are the way to go.

Have me, I'm a love albatross!
EvilerDictator
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Love Albatross

Re: 5 Things People Don't Understand About Only Children

Postby Qinglong » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:53 pm

LIVING siblings? Ridiculous.

As I cracked open my shell, I prepared to battle my brothers and sisters who were also emerging. The clutch was large, and competition was fierce. But in the end, I was victorious and had the duty and honor to consume my siblings. Their strength lives on in me as is proper.

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:31 pm

In the article, Mark Hill wrote:But even if my parents haven't come out and said that they wish I had gone to law school instead of taking up mime street fighting (please don't tell them I write Internet comedy, or they'll be even more disappointed)

I wonder if that's fighting mimes in the street, or miming street fights. If it's the first, I don't see why his parents would be disappointed in him; mimes are awful.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Qinglong » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:33 pm

jbobsully11 wrote:I wonder if that's fighting mimes in the street, or miming street fights. If it's the first, I don't see why his parents would be disappointed in him; mimes are awful.

bloom-county-olive-loaf-vigilante-1.jpg
The saga begins...
bloom-county-olive-loaf-vigilante-1.jpg (62.04 KiB) Viewed 1973 times

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:01 pm

This is actually the first thing I thought of when I read that line (though it doesn't exactly depict fighting).

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby Australia » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:48 pm

As long as we're debating the most important note of the article, this is a mime street fight.

For me, it's hard being an only child, considering I have six siblings.

YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby sunglasses » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Qinglong wrote:LIVING siblings? Ridiculous.

As I cracked open my shell, I prepared to battle my brothers and sisters who were also emerging. The clutch was large, and competition was fierce. But in the end, I was victorious and had the duty and honor to consume my siblings. Their strength lives on in me as is proper.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.