5 Awful lessons I learned living with Mystery illness

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Awful lessons I learned living with Mystery illness

Postby sunglasses » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_22014_5- ... ss_p2.html

I just wanna jump down to this section:
#2. Everyone Wants to Give You Advice and "Miracle" Cures

When you have a chronic, undiagnosed illness, every random person you meet is convinced they have a startlingly simple answer that the doctors just keep failing to discover. It's nice to know that people care, but pretty much every piece of insight someone tossed my way was totally insane.

Oh yeah. So. Damn. True. Every word of it. Although, I must admit, it extends to any chronic illness-even a diagnosed one.

And I'm on methotrexate, the dose one would give cancer patients is significantly higher than what they would give someone with an inflammatory illness. Just saying. Although it is completely feasable that he got the wrong dose-but even the correct dosage can cause horrible side effects.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Re: 5 Awful lessons I learned living with Mystery illness

Postby Jack Road » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:24 am

People don't like things that are not fixable. It bothers us on a genetic level. We're the species that bent the entire planet to our will in 1/30th of the total amount of time dinosaurs existed.

So while annoying, I doubt it will ever not be the case that people will offer half-baked solutions to debilitating mystery illness.

Speaking of which, have you tried apple cider vin...

*Road dodges a punch*

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep