Malfunctions

Discussion about Cracked.com, but not for comments on stories posted to front page.

More about the operation of Cracked.com.

Re: Malfunctions

Postby JamishT » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 pm

I read the comments on the Standing Rock article, but I did read through some from the last few days and found that quite a few didn't load articles.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby reallifegirl » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:45 pm

I hate the new comments section format with the fire of a thousand suns.

When I click on the 'My Comments' tab under an article, it does show what I've written but I can't click to see any of the replies. Half of the time, if I try to scroll down to where any comments of mine might be on the 'Top' listing, it doesn't show up. The 'Recent' tab tends to crap out after a few 'Show More's. And almost no one's votes are actually tabulated correctly.

Whyyyyyyyyyy.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby Cordslash » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:30 pm

reallifegirl wrote:I hate the new comments section format with the fire of a thousand suns.

When I click on the 'My Comments' tab under an article, it does show what I've written but I can't click to see any of the replies. Half of the time, if I try to scroll down to where any comments of mine might be on the 'Top' listing, it doesn't show up. The 'Recent' tab tends to crap out after a few 'Show More's. And almost no one's votes are actually tabulated correctly.

Whyyyyyyyyyy.

Because the mods (hah-as if), admins and contributors don't give a damn about comments. They don't think it "adds value" to the site.

According the the editors they view Cracked's comment section on par with youtube comments. And dismissed just as easily.

So they'll bring back the old ways when it suits them, aka when hell freezes over.

*The artist formerly known as CmdrVimes*

Hancock, John.
Cordslash
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Blackboard Monitor

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 am

They don't know YouTube, if they think it's on par.

There lie unplumbed depths of depravity. Cracked comments are extremely tame by comparison.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Sooo....are there no new Cracked articles today?

Or are they just late?

DID I LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT AT 9AM ON THE NOSE FOR NOTHING?

EDIT: Okay, so it looks like there are new articles, they're just at the top of the page and were shuffled underneath yesterday's articles for a while. Still strange, though.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Previous