State of Cracked

Discussion about Cracked.com, but not for comments on stories posted to front page.

More about the operation of Cracked.com.

Re: State of Cracked

Postby AdricDePsycho » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:41 pm

Jeckel wrote:
AdricDePsycho wrote:
Jeckel wrote:I don't get why it is always such a big deal cracked dislikes certain movies. People can go to a million different places on the internet to echo praise to each other over how great Nolan and the MCU are, so what is so wrong with Cracked not joining that hype train?

Because they bitch about it even when it isn't relevant to the article's topic (one article, out of the blue, said The Dark Knight Rises was so bad it made The Dark Knight retroactively shittier).They also are going out of there way to publish several articles detailing why the MCU sucks, most of them written by David Christopher Bell, who is a very stuck up person judging by his comments defending his writing. One of those MCU hate articles even said that Odin turns evil in Thor: The Dark World (Loki disguised himself in reality), which shows that they aren't even bothering to pay attention.

I'm all for pointing out errors, such as the Loki disguised as Odin issue, but I'm not sure how "going out of there way to publish several articles detailing why the MCU sucks" pertains. DCB doesn't like the MCU and as a result that is what he writes his articles about, there is no going out of the way about it. Are DCB, or other writers, not allowed to write articles about the MCU unless they are praising it? I'm sure some of the articles were just normal cracked clickbaiting and other instances are just lame running jokes, both of which are open to criticism, but it mostly sounds like you, and others in the comment sections, are simply mad that they are writing articles that are negative against a franchise you happen to like. Personally, I'm looking forward to a DCB article on why Age of Ultron wasn't so great, though to be fair I'm always looking forward to any article written by Mr. Bell.

DCB isn't the only one who writes them, but he's written a good deal of those types of articles. The issue I have is that there are so many of them being published since after The Avengers had come out, and it's becoming irritating for a lot of people.

But since this is me after several months of putting up with this kind of stuff talking, my opinion of them is that I, quite frankly, just don't have the time nor the energy to get riled up about those articles.

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Postby rowdyrodimus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Sorry for resurrecting a dead thread (Then again I am named Chris, which means bearer of Christ, and my Dad is named David, so I come from the House of David. You do the math lol) But yesterday they had the photoplasty of movies that got the people all wrong. The #1 entry was about Chris Kyle/American Sniper.

I made a comment that what he was as a sniper is what the military wants you to be in that role. I also mentioned that I was being recruited for 10 years after high school and had spent some time at sniper school as a way for them to show me what I would be doing (Basically, I got paid a bit for my weekend while camping with guys trying to show me how cool my job would be). I first got trolled by an obvious troll, then another guy said he showed it to some "Army guys he worked with that had enlisted in the 90's" and they kept saying I was full of shit.

I had already told them I was one of the top 25 shooters in the nation using my Rifle Team scores and that i scored in the top 1% on my ASVAB testing (Which I doubt the Army guys he worked with had). Basically I was Kobe Bryant coming out of high school and the Army was the NBA trying to get me. Then our recruiter (who is still the recruiter here) saw my brother grow up and put him in as a PFC right off the bat because he had given him tests to see what he knew and how much he had learned from me over the years.

But anyway, I just love how people on the Cracked comments section know everything about everyone that comments. I mean, do they expect me to give them PDF's of government files to prove to them what happened to me in 1994-2004? Actually I think the main thing was that I didn't say Chris Kyle was a monster. When you're a sniper and you're given a location and a name, that enemy ceases to be a person and becomes a target. They see he had to kill a kid (I dare you to find someone who fought in Vietnam who didn't have to kill a kid or know someone personally that did) to save lives. These same Star Trek geeks believe "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" until it becomes a choice between saving American lives and killing a brainwashed Taliban kid, then the kid is more important. Basically, people are against evil unless the people fighting said evil are Americans, because as Cracked has said many times, America is the true evil in the world. Too bad so many people believe anything they read as long as there are some hackneyed dick jokes in it.

(Sorry, had to rant on that.)

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby NathanLoiselle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Yeah! What you said, gosh dammit!

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 am

Yeah they know everything about you when you're in the comments there. I once replied to a comment that said "Herp Derp Terp" making fun of the University of Maryland. I said that I thought it was hilarious even though I grew up a short distance from College Park and have friends and family who are alums. Then some d-bag dropped in to basically tell me I was a poser from Montgomery County who never lived near the University. Like I'm supposed to refute that how? By posting pics of my old report cards to show what schools I attended and envelopes I received while growing up with my address on it?

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby blehblah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:33 pm

iMURDAu wrote:Yeah they know everything about you when you're in the comments there. I once replied to a comment that said "Herp Derp Terp" making fun of the University of Maryland. I said that I thought it was hilarious even though I grew up a short distance from College Park and have friends and family who are alums. Then some d-bag dropped in to basically tell me I was a poser from Montgomery County who never lived near the University. Like I'm supposed to refute that how? By posting pics of my old report cards to show what schools I attended and envelopes I received while growing up with my address on it?

There are better ways:

http://attrition.org/postal/z/033/0871.html

Pictures of squirrels!

Erm... maybe that's not a great example: http://www.networkworld.com/article/235 ... e-gpa.html.

But, the point stands; who doesn't love a picture of one or more squirrels?

A quantum state of signature may or may not be here... you just ruined it.
blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Error General, Panic Colonel

Postby Matthew Notch » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:10 pm

CMSellers, for one. As I understand it he thinks squirrels are the devil incarnate.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby blehblah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Matthew Notch wrote:CMSellers, for one. As I understand it he thinks squirrels are the devil incarnate.

You are implying that they are not.

Proof, Notch! PROOF!

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 pm

It depends on whether or not they're an Eastern Fox squirrel, a Western Grey squirrel, or a California Spotted Ground Squirrel.

Last edited by Deathclaw_Puncher on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby blehblah » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:It depends on whether or not they're an Eastern Fox squirrel, an Western Grey squirrel, or a California Spotted Ground Squirrel.

Are we talking about unladen squirrels?

It is important to know.

Nothing truly gets my goat like a discussion about laden squirrels.

And, as a bear, you should know the Western Grey is actually a mistaken Norwegian Blue with a tan. It's pining for the fjords, you see.

Nobody knows what, exactly, the Norwegian Blue was wrong about, but clearly it sunned itself without the appropriate creams, and is entirely erroneous.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby ghijkmnop » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:48 am

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby JamishT » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am

ghijkmnop wrote:I sense several pages of puns approaching.

I think you're nuts!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Matthew Notch » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:42 am

If there really are more puns incoming, I hope they're better than that one. That was acorn-y pun if ever I heard one.

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby blehblah » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Ya gotta be a bit squirrely to not enjoy a well-constructed pun... like a friar with grudge - you know, a...

Spoiler: show
...chip monk.

I regret nothing.

blehblah
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Previous