PWOT is closing all forum threads except for the Workshop

Discussion about Cracked.com, but not for comments on stories posted to front page.

More about the operation of Cracked.com.

PWOT is closing all forum threads except for the Workshop

Postby WillingBleeder » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 pm

We all enjoy the blood
It calms the rage within
Ingest deceit to cope
WillingBleeder
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep
Title: In Avernus

Re: PWOT is closing all forum threads except for the Worksho

Postby cmsellers » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:22 am

The culture of PWOT, which infected the Workshop, is both why I abandoned my first Cracked account and why I never pitched an article under my new one.

But Wong isn't closing the forum because the culture is toxic, he is closing it because he has become a one-man moderation team and doesn't have the time.

It's too bad. I am under the impression that a big factor in the site's decline into clickbait was that it got clicks, initially. But given how circlejerky their clickbait was and given how often they begged for new writers, I wonder: had they either fostered a less hostile atmosphere in PWOT or put the Workshop on a separate forum, could they have avoided or at least delayed the site's decline.

Also, ETA this out-of-context quote:

David Wong wrote:7. "But this is the last non-terrible forum on the internet! The rest are full of trolls and Nazis!"

That's just not true at all.

ETAA: They are looking for a new forum to join. I am torn between hoping we get a new influx of people, and fearing that we get a large number of people who bring PWOT's culture with them.

David Wong wrote:7. "But this is the last non-terrible forum on the internet! The rest are full of trolls and Nazis!"

That's just not true at all.
cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 am

I created a post on PWOT inviting anyone to join us here. We could use some more activity to be sure. I was never on PWOT but some people I know were active there and it's sad this has happened. If anyone knows any individuals from PWOT who are cool please invite them to post also.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 am

Realistically any PWOTers who join here will likely just want to continue their community and/or find a new one. As such, I don't expect to have an influx of users who are going to be disruptive and that most will be cool. Our culture may be a little different, but not so much that it'll be alien to most Cracked readers or PWOT users. As such I welcome any and all new users we may get from this.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby sunglasses » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Well this fucking sucks. I still occasionally played some games there. I can't say I'm surprised, tho.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.