John Cheese just got #metoo'd

Discussion about Cracked.com, but not for comments on stories posted to front page.

More about the operation of Cracked.com.

Re: John Cheese just got #metoo'd

Postby Tesseracts » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:07 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:AAAANNNNddd, this is exactly why I don't come here much anymore. I shouldn't NEED to complain to a moderator about someone calling for the murder of a former Cracked writer, should I?

So you do have an issue with the post after all. Okay. Personally, I did not interpret the post as a threat. However I can see why it can be read as a threat, that is a valid concern.

To answer your question, yes, you need to complain. We don't always notice things or see things the same way you do. We are humans not robots. You are already voicing your concerns so I'm not asking you to do anything different than you're already doing, I'd just rather not derail this thread.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby cmsellers » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:22 pm

I interpreted it as a joke, because Windy has previously taken statements he disagrees with and extended them to a reductio ad absurdum. I thought that was what he was doing here.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:48 am

Is it murder if we erase him from existence? I mean like he never really existed in the first place so you can't kill him. Ya know?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Windy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:17 am

My apologies, I shall alter my statement to make it less controversial and offensive.

I think Cracked should erase all people from existence.

Windy
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:11 am

ghijkmnop wrote:AAAANNNNddd, this is exactly why I don't come here much anymore. I shouldn't NEED to complain to a moderator about someone calling for the murder of a former Cracked writer, should I?

Agreed.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Previous