Wayne Gladstone is a sexual predator

Discussion about Cracked.com, but not for comments on stories posted to front page.

More about the operation of Cracked.com.

Wayne Gladstone is a sexual predator

Postby Somenews » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:37 am

Always hated Gladstone, and now he's been exposed as a sexual predator (on twitter, much as happened to John Cheese).

Gladstone has deleted his personal account and is blocking anyone who brings it up on his shitty podcast account (@Contrariancourt). He's completely ignoring it I the hopes it goes away.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CourtneyBale ... 4294542337

Somenews
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Re: Wayne Gladstone is a sexual predator

Postby cmsellers » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:12 am

Normally, I've taken the position on #metoo stuff that it takes more than one accuser, but in this case, she has screenshots, and Gladstone's reaction to this was apparently to do nothing and disable his main account. As for those screenshots, my reaction went:

1. He's joking, surely?
  2. OK, he's not joking, but I guess if it works often enough... ?
  3. Wait, did he send her this after she made clear she was uncomfortable?
  4. Holy fuck.
Like seriously, how did he think this was OK?

Edit: I'd initially thought she was just a fan, because I can sort of see male celebrities asking female fans for nudes. It's not something I think is acceptable or appropriate (unless they've indicated they like giving out nudes), but with fans, I'd say it's a behavior born out of entitlement and cluelessness rather than malice, while the third and fourth screenshots were damning. However, it appears that Gladstone may have been her boss, which makes even the first two screenshots way worse.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Pedgerow » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:00 pm

I'm pretty sure Gladstone is also married with kids; he certainly was while he wrote for Cracked because he wrote about it. I understand completely that if you don't ask, you don't get, but if you have a wife, you shouldn't ever be asking even if they're offering. That's just basic marital fidelity. That's what not cheating is.

I also thought Gladstone had just withdrawn from Internet fame completely; he certainly never worked with Cracked again after leaving them five years ago. I would speculate that maybe he was booted out because Cracked didn't want to be associated with him if he was really awful, but that certainly isn't how they've handled any of the other cases. Speaking of which, is there a list anywhere of all the Cracked writers who have turned out to be absolute scumbags? John Cheese and JF Sargent were the famous cases, plus Gladstone now, and former regular writer David Dietle was not on the same level of fame, but far beyond in terms of criminal hideousness from what I've heard (GDPR won't let me read the American news websites that report on it, but he was some kind of child molester). Actually, it says here that Jacopo Della Quercia has been accused of things too. That's news to me, so perhaps that article works as a list of everyone who has skeletons (except Gladstone).

Pedgerow
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: PWOT refugee

Postby cmsellers » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:07 pm

I mean, I'm not really going to judge an artist even for adultery. It's morally wrong, but not my business. Abandoning their family, sure, but not mere adultery, and I wouldn't even consider asking willing fans for nudes to be adultery, though it's definitely skeazy behavior if your partner doesn't know about it.

However sexually predatory behavior? That's something I think needs to be called out, and I think asking even fans for nudes falls into this category once the recipients of the requests have made it clear it makes them uncomfortable. And his behavior when she rejected him is controlling and reprehensible. The context which suggests he was overseeing her on some writing assignment makes it even worse: if he was he boss, he was basically doing what Harvey Weinstein did, only with nudes instead of physical sex acts.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby iMURDAu » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Sorry was I supposed to be like creeping on any account with a feminine name during the time I was a cracked reader?

No? That's writer's only territory because the commentators were peons right?

/smug

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby NathanLoiselle » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:41 pm

How dare you call us peons, good sir! We prefer the term serf.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep