[Pendragon RP] 485 Adventure - "Bête Noire"

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

[Pendragon RP] 485 Adventure - "Bête Noire"

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:58 pm

Castle Vagon is markedly more quiet than usual, that is since nearly all the knights of the garrison rode east at the Earl's summoning three days ago. From what you may have been able to glean, Sir Roderick has unfinished business with the Baron of Noviomagus to the south, the latter having harried the border between his lands and Salisbury last year. Left behind, along with the castellan and the ordinary complement of guardsmen, are a dozen squires, including Arcadia, Bleddyn, Eliver, and Tathel.

Sir Elad has planned no drills for today, it is a Sunday after all. Morning service at the chapel has come and gone, and now the squires at Vagon employ themselves where they see fit. A few hang about, leaning their shoulders against the sides of buildings and conversing (the way adolescents are wont to do), a few take up some sticks and make a menace of themselves "sparring" eachother until an 'uncle' is cried or someone breaks a lip, some of the more timorous bunch sit in the great hall playing dice or chess, a few others have sweet-talked the spencer's daughter into sneaking them a jar of wine.

A little past mid-day, wherever you four squires of note have been spending your time, a serving boy comes to find you, and informs you that the castellan needs to see you in the armory.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Re: [Pendragon RP] 485 Adventure - "Bête Noire"

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:29 am

"What can he want on a Sunday?" It's not likely to be any drill or work, on a Sunday after noon, and he can't think of any recent transgressions the old man could have found out about. Something's afoot, and at any rate it's more interesting than this.

Sucking his bleeding lip, Eliver drops his makeshift weapon and jogs off, just as he is, to the armoury, leaving his younger opponent, in spite of his own bruises, to declare himself the victor of their battle.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby KleinerKiller » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 am

"And so I tried to find the Saxon bastard in the smoke, but I was almost blind by now, and getting distracted by everyone trying to call for me," Arcadia continues, hoping the scarred side of her face is distracting enough to hide the reddening on her unmarked cheek. "Everything was unbearably hot, and I must have-"

Hearing the servant boy's nervous request again and now unable to pretend she didn't hear it, she trails off and sighs. She politely nudges her potential lover's hand away from her face and, seeing the disappointed look, gives a confident smile. "The rest of the story must wait, I'm afraid. It seems my presence is needed elsewhere."

She exits the room with a blown kiss, and saunters off toward the armory.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby ArthurHood » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:58 pm

The oldest of the squires, Tathel, is off in courtyard of the keep. He is training with his sword on the Christian day of rest, so he has most of the courtyard to himself being the lone Pagan taking this time to train and work on his skills today when no drill is active. When the servant lets him know he goes to the armory at most haste.

(OOC: Edited as I forgot I went Pagan)

ArthurHood
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Lord

Postby sunglasses » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Bleddyn scratches at the scar on his nose.

He makes his way to the armory, cautious of the sudden request. Is probably nothing but... Sometimes squires can play nasty tricks upon each other. The last thing he wants is for a bucket of pig shit to fall on him.

Best let one of the others enter first.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:15 pm

Eliver slows to a walk as he approaches the armoury, for the look of the thing. Bleddyn is there, hanging back and looking apprehensive: perhaps he's nervous of having to maintain a conversation with Sir Elad if he's the only one there.

Eliver overtakes the younger squire, flashing a cheerful smile at him, and enters first.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 pm

You enter the armory, a squat stone building in the outer ward. A grizzled sergeant dozes on his stool and leans against the wall. Inside, between the racks of spears and bows, baskets of arrows, and shelved armor, Sir Elad sits at a desk at the far end, poring over inventories by candlelight.

He looks up from his papers as you approach. He clears his throat. "At ease lads, you're not here as punishment, I have a job for you. This morning, we received word of...troubling events, shall we say, near Modron's Forest, to the northwest. This sort of mission is ordinarily the work of knights, but as I'm sure you've all noticed, we're a bit short on knights at present. You are all of age to win your spurs, and if you have carried out what I have asked to my satisfaction, I will see that you get them. I have received another bit of news" he brandishes an opened missive that had been lying on his desk "that Sir Roderick will be coming back with our knights in two week's time, and plans to stay at Vagon for the next month. You have until then to make a good impression."

"So" he leans back in his chair "any takers?".

Last edited by Cpt._Funkotron on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby ArthurHood » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 pm

"I volunteer to do what ever I can to serve the Earl, Sir." Tathel speaks up and is clearly willing to do what ever he can in service to the Earl, he has an eagerness to him, he wants to make a good impression for the Earl Roderick, though some could say he is a kiss ass, it seems like a genuine eagerness to please his liege.

ArthurHood
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: Lord

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:34 pm

"...to win your spurs," Sir Elad said.

Knighthood! Eliver scarcely dared believe it.

"Sir Roderick will be coming back with our knights in two week's time, and plans to stay at Vagon for the next month. You have until then to make a good impression."

Two weeks away from the castle, away from drills and training and serving. Two weeks doing something real, a task worthy of a knight, something unknown and exciting. Two weeks, it sounded like, without knights or lords to give them orders. And when they returned...

"So, any takers?" the castellan finished. Tathel spoke up immediately, before Eliver could open his mouth. He was only a couple of years younger than Eliver's sister Elaine, who'd been knighted years ago, and the tall squire had been hoping in vain to win his spurs for a long time.

Eliver took a step forward, "When do we leave, sir?" he asked, his green eyes shining with excitement.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Bleddyn nodded that he was up for this trip.

Someone said, "Use yer words."

He took a deep breathe and blew it out slowly.

"Y-yes, I w-would l-like t-to g-go t-too."

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 pm

"I'm in," Arcadia grunts, crossing her arms and saying no more on the matter. It seemed that as much as she wanted otherwise, her mission to charm her way into her potential lover's bed would have to wait... assuming, hopefully, that she survived this outing.

Last edited by KleinerKiller on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 am

"Good. You'll be needing these." He stands from his chair, and produces a bundle of scabbarded swords. He puts one in the hands of each squire and tells them to "belt these on and wear them with pride. You've earned them."

"Your aim is the village of Imber, to the north. I doubt any of you will know the place, luckily you'll have a guide." He looks over their shoulders and gestures to a middle-aged peasant woman who had been sitting crosslegged against the far wall, likely having gone unnoticed by the squires until this point. Elad calls back their attention and moves briskly on "Once there, you should make contact with the local priest, a man called Garr. He's an old friend of mine, and it's he that sent for help. Those swords are yours to keep, and you shall have a few provisions on loan from the armory. Follow me."

After procuring each squire an arming coat, a dagger, and a lance, the castellan instructs them to "Report to the stable tomorrow morning at first light. Eat heartily and sleep well, you have a long day of riding ahead of you. Any questions?"

Last edited by Cpt._Funkotron on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Eliver takes the arming sword the old man holds out to him with an expression close to reverence, and holds it as though afraid of breaking it.

It's hard to remain still and concentrate while Sir Elad gives the remainder of his instructions, and leads the four squires to be equipped with more fighting gear. And they are not even to leave today.

"Any questions?" the castellan finishes. Eliver has none, too impatient to be dismissed to think very hard about it: let them go and prepare for the journey - and try on their swords! He looks around at his fellows, hoping none of them will prolong the interview too intolerably.

Last edited by CarrieVS on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Arcadia runs her fingers over her new equipment, savoring the thought of plunging each weapon through the eye of a foolhardy Saxon or an even more dangerous beast. She can practically feel the blood splashing onto her scars already, and has to restrain herself from shivering in anticipation. When the castellan asks for questions, she too is silent.

She can only imagine how many more exciting stories she'll have after this, with which to charm the undergarments off whatever man or woman she takes an interest in.

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Beddyn has no questions.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Next