[Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Mobsters RP] Week of February 1st, 1925

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 pm

The pointed snout surfaces. That's no 'gator, it's a crocodile, like Chipotle back in Baton Rouge. What are the chances?

"Hey buddy," Felice calls out, cheerfully but not so loud as to startle the animal, "do you live here? We gonna be pals?"

The reptilian head emerges a little further and blinks at him, which he takes for a yes. And then he spots a scrap of muddy red. Chipotle's bandanna, that Felice once tied on him for a dare, and has somehow lasted this long without coming unfastened. He'd swear the croc seems to like it.

"Holy cow! Chipotle? The fuck are you doing here? Not that I'm not happy to see you, old buddy! Just surprised. How did you know where to meet us?" He's always sworn the crocodile is more intelligent than any other of its kind, but this is verging on spooky. "Gotta go now, things to tell people about. I'll bring you something to eat later."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Absentia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:28 am

Casey is more than a bit disappointed to learn that Morty had to leave town for this "contact". She had been looking forward to an old-fashioned break-in. He's also the only one in this makeshift outfit she knows well enough to trust. They don't seem like the backstabbing kind, but...

She fingers the scrap of paper she took from the pipehead's wallet. "Any of you ever hear of a joint called 'Piedmont Charcuterie', on Clouet Street? I was taking a walk earlier and I think they might have something going on out of the back. Maybe something profitable."

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:42 pm

"I've never heard of it, Case, but I'll go check it out with you if you like?" Felice gives Alley Cat a winning smile.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 pm

"Yeah, that was the next question. I figure we can sit on the back door for awhile and see what goes on. You ain't got a bedtime, do ya?" Casey smirks.

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:55 pm

"I'll just climb out the window after Mom tucks me in." It could be interesting getting to know Casey better.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:36 pm

Crunch Time

Felice and Alleycat

The Piedmont Charcuterie looks to be a fairly run-down specialty butcher's shop, with sausages and hams hanging behind an unwashed store window. The neighborhood around it is fairly dilapidated as well, most of the houses needing at least a new coat of paint, and not very much traffic seems to pass through it. A winding crooked alleyway wraps around the shop, partly obscured by an old wooden fence. Occasionally, someone will leave the charcuterie at the street-front door, but you never see anyone go in that way.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:02 pm

"Hmmph. Looks less like a side operation and more like a front," Casey says quietly, looking around to make sure no one else is listening.

"The way I see it we got two options: either we shake down one of these 'customers', or we go over the fence and head around back. You more of a strong arm or a soft foot?"

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 am

"We're both cats, aren't we? Let's go with soft foot for now." Felice goes up to the fence and steals a glance around the edge of it down the alleyway, checking for anyone hanging around within sight.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:31 am

A fat black man in a muddy black coat and an old porkpie hat smokes a cigar by what appears to be a back door to the shop. He's sitting on an upturned garbage can, reading a newspaper. The door swings open silently and an old couple come unsteadily walking out, arm in arm. One can't tell at this distance if they're hopped up or just arthritic. "Night, Carl" says the old man in broad daylight. They shamble on their way, and the fat man flips through to the funny pages after a quick nod.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Absentia » Tue May 07, 2019 9:06 pm

"I ain't seeing any hardened gangsters yet," Casey mutters quietly. "Looks like a low-rent speakeasy. Maybe we just head inside."

She eyes "Carl", then Felice. "If we're a regular couple, I guess the gentleman takes the lead. I'm in for half if you have to grease him. I don't think he's got real expensive taste."

Absentia
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed May 08, 2019 12:37 am

"Oh there's no need for that. I'll treat you." It's nice not to be broke. Felice offers his arm to Casey, "We'd better do this properly, hadn't we?"

The two of them walk up to the back door.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Wed May 08, 2019 3:10 am

Felice and Alley Cat

The fat man silently chuckles at his comics as they approach. Without looking up, he disinterestedly stretches out an upturned hand for his customary bribe in the path of the doorway.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu May 09, 2019 1:11 am

Felice grins cheerfully at him, whether he's looking or not, and pushes a five dollar bill into his hand.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu May 09, 2019 5:23 am

Felice and Casey

He pockets the bill and nods, allowing them to pass.

Inside is a dark narrow hallway with a beaded doorway on the left, a door at the far end (probably leading to the front of the building) and an upwards staircase to the right of it. Some kind of sweet smelling smoke is heavy in the air, fogging what little light glows from a hanging oil lamp further down the hall. A few oriental decorations hang along the corridor. A shadowy figure in an undershirt, suspenders, and a flat-cap absentmindedly toys with a switch-blade at the foot of the staircase, the puff of a cigar dimly illuminating a hideously scarred face. Emerging from the beaded doorway, they are greeted by a middle-aged white woman in a red bathrobe with chopsticks in her hair.

"Don't think I've seen you two before, and I'd remember such a fetching couple. First time visiting?" she asks quietly, in a friendly enough manner, if a little glassy-eyed.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu May 09, 2019 11:21 pm

"Yeah, we heard about this joint from a feller, thought we'd come check it out," Felice says, "didn't we, doll?"

It's not that the smoke is a particularly familiar smell - it might have just been some sort of incense, but the oriental touches and the fact that, he now recalls, Casey did say the sonovabitch who tried to jump her was a junkie, makes him realise it's probably not hooch they're selling. But they're here now.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

PreviousNext