PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:13 am

Ragnar

The most popular games played are Les Dames (checkers), Tabula (backgammon) and Knucklebones (a dice game). The first two are games of skill so you roll opposed Gaming. Choose which you prefer then roll 2d20 (the first is yours, the second your opponent). If its a skill game roll 2d6 for the skill or your opponent.

Rashad

Rashad has >2000 glory so draws two cards and picks which he prefers.

4: A Helping Hand - A serving girls asks for help with a drunk knight. Roll Generous if you help (gain 5 glory +2 Geniality and miss the next feast round), Selfish if you refuse (the knight blames the serving girl when he makes an ass of himself).
or
106:More Food (must choose if Indulgent 16+, applies to all players) - Roll Temperate vs Indulgent. No effect if Temperate wins, if Indulgent wins roll CON and if you fail miss the next feast round.



Hecate

Doggo doesn't have Intrigue so... roll APP.
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Baeraad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:41 am

Ragnar finds a game of knucklebones and settles down to find out if fortune favours him today.

I rolled 20 for myself and 8 for my opponent. Ooops?
  • 3

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 pm

She smiles. "I thought you'd never ask..."

Switching to Faerie Lore now
  • 3

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Virginia
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Baeraad wrote:Ragnar finds a game of knucklebones and settles down to find out if fortune favours him today.

I rolled 20 for myself and 8 for my opponent. Ooops?


No that's a win for you. Its pure chance so just high roll wins. You win a few coins and have a good time as well as gaining 10 glory.

***

Additionally I'd like to wrap the feast up and move on with the year by this weekend.
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby bydawine » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Then Leufroy will draw a card.
  • 2

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 am

bydawine wrote:Then Leufroy will draw a card.


15 A Man for All Seasons: Keep this card. Each time you gain an experience check or roll a critical success put a counter on this card. When you depart the feast gain 2 geniality for each counter.
  • 2

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby roobeastie » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:20 pm

Coenwulf
Aelred nods at the invitation, the combination of elation over how well-received their announcement was and the wine giving his cheeks a rosy flush. "I do enjoy it, and I'd enjoy that," Sir Aelred responds, uncaring that not many others were dancing at this point. He could see Sir Renier making a jolly fool of himself with Lady Machteld nearby, but otherwise he was content to be in his own little world with Coenwulf.

Dagobert
Lady Ermeline clearly doesn't care what her uncle thinks as she leans closer to Sir Dagobert, the expression on her face showing how enraptured she is by his tale. When he finished recounting his adventure, she reached out and let her fingers trail over the helmet. "It's quite fearsome, Sir Dagobert. You must make a true sight on the battlefield."

A conspiratorial looks comes over her face as Ermeline looks up at him, keeping her tone hushed. "I would enjoy hearing more of your battles, in a more private setting. We could go for a walk, perhaps?"

Rosamund
Once the wine had been poured and he was certain Sir Rosamund was feeling rather flirtatious, Sir Maugis figured he might try his luck. Things with the feast itself were winding down, and people were seeking their own forms of entertainment. "Sir Rosamund, would you like to get some fresh air?"

Shadi
Lady Giselinde brightens at Sir Shadi's words, clearly wanting to hear some of the stories she's mentioned. "If you don't mind, that sounds as if it would be a worthwhile use of my time."
  • 4

Last edited by roobeastie on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 12:25 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:45 pm

Smiling at Aelred, Coenwulf gently takes the other knight into his arms." He happily and slowly danced to the music, pulling him into a kiss as he smiles at him. "I love you so much."
  • 2

WaitingCynicism
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 pm
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:35 pm

"Sir Knight, would you not like to take a rest, or perhaps a walk in the fresh air?"

"Don't you tell me what to do, girl," the knight's voice is a little too loud even for the lively atmosphere of the feast, and somewhat slurred, in contrast to the serving girl's timid suggestion. Rashad looks around. The drunken man is one Sir Gausbertus, whose usual post is at the west gate. "Are you trying to sheduce me, woman? You'll have to try harder than that. Fetch me more wine!"

The girl sees Rashad looking and approaches him, saying in an undertone, "Will you help, kind Sir? I'm afraid the good knight is going to do something he will regret later."

Rashad sighs with disgust and turns away. If the knight will gorge himself on wine util he loses his reason, that is his fault and the consequences his to bear, surely. Why should he have to spoil his enjoyment of the feast to protect the drunkard from his own folly?

"I am sorry, Sir," the maid says, seeing his reaction. She sounds frightened. He regrets his ungenerous impulse, but cannot quite bring himself to admit his fault by changing his mind. Instead, he beckons his squire, Henri, "Go and help the woman. Try and get him out of here before he makes a scene."

Whether because he has slightly more respect for a male squire than a servant girl, or simply by the combined persuasive efforts of both, within a few minutes Gausbertus is wending his unsteady way out of the hall accompanied by Henri.
  • 2

Scarik wrote:I'm not dead. I'm invading Kent
User avatar
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt
 
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm
Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Swamp Thing

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Chaomancer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:31 am

Shadi's smile is genuine and warm. "Then let me tell you a tale of the Holy Land, my lady, the effrits that dwell there and those cunning souls who risk seeking them out."

The tale she tells speaks of the exotic lands from which her family hails, and is full of delightful details. It's a tale she's practised many times, but is unlikely to have spread to this court - and it is an uplifting story which might make Lady Giselinde smile again.

I rolled Eloquence for that, hopefully that's right - but if it's APP for flirting again, then the 4 I rolled would still be a success :)
  • 3

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:54 pm
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 am

Machier - Feast (Round 3)

Renier looks at Machteld's eyes as she laughs and can't stop the spread of a smile on his own face. How lovely she is when she laughs. How unlike her peers she is.

“What do you feel like doing next?” he asks. He would be a rank idiot to take leave of a lady who is as genuine as they come, unless she wants him to...

“I would enjoy perhaps hearing more about you, if that pleases?”

Yay! “I am no Sir Shadi, but I will try my hand at storytelling. It was some... six years ago? I was near their age,” he inclines his head at his cousins, “and they were barely out of the Duke’s colours.” He smiles at the memory of the skinny things running around the hall, as a page fills their cups.

“I went hunting in the woods beneath Auvv’s cliff. I searched so much but each creature was determined to live! Not long after I realised I was hopelessly lost. I had ventured so deep into the forest out of stubborn determination to bring back something. Alas, no lion killer, this one. :P

“It was then I found the elefante. A talking one, if you can believe it! He said his name was Michel. Such a sweet and devout being, but terribly shy of humans. Though I think he would quite like you. He saved me when I was just about to give up on finding a way out, forget French, wear rags and accept my new hermit life,” laughs Renier. “I still meet him, time to time. We’re good friends.”

Eloquence rolled 2 vs. 3 - success

It is with delight that Lady Machteld listens to the knight recount meeting the elefante. She can’t hide her shock at learning of the creature, and his ability to speak. It was becoming clear to her that Sir Renier’s interest was more than just for show, especially if he was willing to keep trying where a lesser man might have felt it more prudent to retreat.

“Good Sir, I appreciate the story, and the time we have shared. I would be interested in seeing you again, when you have the time.”

Renier stands up, bowing his head to unsuccessfully cover a smile. "Certainly. My lady."

Round 4: Let's just draw a card and get it over with ^^

And rep Roo!
  • 3

Image
User avatar
Ladki96
TCS Camper
TCS Camper
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: India
Show rep
Title: =)

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Jellicle » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:06 pm

“Far be it from me to deny a lady her wish!” says Dagobert gallantly. He looks to the Count, asking permission to leave, and to her father, asking for an escort.
  • 2

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:51 am

And now its Round 4. Anyone with outstanding things should take it up with Roo. As I see it Dagobert, Rosamund, and Shadi are all no longer in the hall as they are taking perfectly harmless walks. Everyone else...

After the fourth service has had some time to be enjoyed and digested Duke Thierry and Duchess Richilde speak together too low to be oer heard except by the others at the high table, but most people know what its about. After a brief effort the Duke relents and signals his herald.

Sir Karla (Sir Egier's sister and Sir Adele's favorite aunt) is often said to be the tallest knight in the duke's household and she bangs her staff against the hollow platform beside her until the room comes to order. It never takes more than four times and this instance comes in at three.

"Your Host asks the attention of his guests for an announcement," she says calmly in her normal voice which to most is a bellow at the least.

Thierry thanks her and stands, "Sirs and Dames, thank you for coming," he says shortly but with dignity. "As you know this is the time of the evening when my lady asks that you all join us in some civilized," he says the word with a grin while the duchess gives him a loving glare, "entertainment."

He waves his hand and servants, pages and squires rush out clear the grand hall for a dance. He offers his hand to the duchess and together they stand at the edge of the dais before he adds, "And since I must indulge the lady of the house, so must we all. To lead us in this endeavor I shall rely on my nieces and nephews. Let the young take up the call and show us how it is done in these days."

Hand in hand they descend to the floor as the trestles are wrestled away and the minstrels begin to play.

Each of the PCs may now choose to head the dance (Dancing), conduct the carol (Singing) or join the band to add a noble touch (Play). There is no escape. ^^
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Ladki96 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:28 am

Renier is content to have danced with Lady Machteld and besides, other partners might not be as forgiving of his poor skill! He sits among the minstrel band and plucks the strings of a harp. Music is in his family's soul :)

Play Instrument rolled 10 vs. 12 - success

Image
  • 4

Last edited by Ladki96 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Ladki96
TCS Camper
TCS Camper
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: India
Show rep
Title: =)

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Baeraad » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am

Luckily, nimble feet run in Ragnar's family, no pun intended. Grinning amiably, he joins the dance.

Rolling a 12 vs Dancing 13.
  • 4

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Show rep

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest