PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Jellicle » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 pm

It's warm, even through the cloak. Almost lifelike - beating like a heart. So close now
  • 3

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby panda1594 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm

With a quick overlook of Lady Gisele, Adele heads in the direction of her cousins. She responds, "My Lady, that is exactly what I am doing. You are welcome to come with, as my companions shouldn't be that far."


Rolled 15, Suspicious (10)
Rolled 9, Trusting (10)
Rolled 4, Hunting (14)
  • 2

Last edited by panda1594 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
panda1594
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:34 am

As Ulfgar and his men leave before their eyes, the knights don't have much time to decide. They are probably not going that far if they are walking so better to follow them on foot too. Horses be noisy.

It is poor manners of the knights to say goodbye like this but it's also easier to seek forgiveness than permission. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Plus, they are leaving expensive animals behind, so the old man shouldn't get too mad in case they aren't back in time for breakfast. >_>
  • 1

Image
User avatar
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: India
Show rep
Title: =)

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:08 pm

Adele

Everything about this encounter raises Adele's suspicions despite how harmless Lady Giselle is, so she is relieved to find the path the others took and set off to find them.

A dozen paces along the path and the sounds of battle cease and she hears a wail like a wounded bear and the muffled sound of familiar voices shouting.

Then she hears a a fallen branch crack behind her...


Into the Woods

Its not hard to follow the men. They left no sentry behind at the gate, and their attentions are fixed on the task before them. Ulfgar leads them around the base of the castle and away from the village toward the deep forest. At the edge of the seemingly impassable wood the men take a brief look around and then vanish within the boughs.

Hurrying to keep up the Cousins find the spot and see a well worn path hidden behind a clever disguise. Someone has tied a small tree and some shrubbery with twine so that it is pulled out and now grows to cover the trail. They have to take their time to pass through quietly and once on the trail they must make their way in the pitch black.

Ulfgar and his men made much better progress because by the time Renier, Ragnar and Coenwulf catch up to them in a clearing the young lord and his men are standing before a large oak.

Eingar the Younger himself looks much like a priest. His men stand before him and he holds a large chalice. In fact he looks to be performing Communion as he holds the cup up to the tree as if it were The Cross then drinks. What passes for the wafer is impossible to see.
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Baeraad » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:04 am

This is the sort of thing that makes a man to wish he'd paid more attention to his tutors. It might be a sorcerous ritual... or it might just be some sort of heretical religious practice. In which case, that's obviously bad and everything, but Ragnar can't bring himself to be overly upset over it seeing as he comes from a family of heathens.

As such, he can't think of any better course than to just try to stay out of sight, wait, and see if someone turns into a demon-wolf before his eyes.
  • 2

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby bydawine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:49 pm

Leufroy cautiously addresses the large being while subconsciously clutching his cross. "Excuse me good sir? We seem to have lost our way. You wouldn't happen to know where our companions are, would you?"
  • 2

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby panda1594 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:43 pm

It could just be Lady Giselle deciding to get to safety with Adele and Lady Ermeline, Adele takes no chances; ready for a fight, if there is to be one, Adele hastens toward her cousins when she hears the branch crack.
  • 3

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:44 am

And Still in the Woods

Ulfgar competes his celebration of mass with himself and each of his men taking communion whereupon he lays down the cup and they all kneel before the tree and draw their cloaks tight about their bodies.

What happens next is like something out of a nightmare. The men fall forward and thrash about on the ground in the roots of the ancient oak. For some moments they claw at their tunics and cast off their boots then they start to growl and grunt until finally one of them let's loose a howl as fierce as any wolf's.

The first one then stands up, black as a moonless night, large as a pony, with yellow eyes fairly soaked in malice. Then the others, none so dark furred nor so large but all with the same yellow eyes shining in the darkness.


Leufroy and the Monster

The ugly giant, made more so by all the deer blood, looks up and grunts and without any guile or thought he barks, "They with mother," before returning to his preparations.

However, for a few moments at least Leufroy has its attention.

Leufroy needs to succeed on four rolls: Languages, Eloquence, Religion, Honor
He is still inspired by Love (God) and gets +10 to each of them.



Adele at Tanagra

Adele turns around just in time to see Eremline fall to her knees in terror before an giant, ragged-nailed hand reaches for her with inhuman speed.

The monster it is attached to is easily as tall as Renier though not as broad and it lets loose a bone-rattling scream out from between jaws filled with wolf-like teeth.

Of Lady Gisele there is no trace.

And now, we fight!


The Jewel

Sir Dagobert is still fascinated by the glowing gem while the former Knight of the Jewel remains morose in the dirt.

Then, for the slightest moment the woods grow silent only to be shattered by a spine-tingling roar from back the way they came.
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby bydawine » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:20 am

Languages 28 rolled 5. Eloquence 16 rolled 15. Religion 30 rolled 14. Honor 26 rolled 10. "Well since we seem to have time. Have you thought about where your internal soul will go when you die?"
  • 2

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Baeraad » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:45 am

Scarik wrote:And Still in the Woods

Ulfgar competes his celebration of mass with himself and each of his men taking communion whereupon he lays down the cup and they all kneel before the tree and draw their cloaks tight about their bodies.

What happens next is like something out of a nightmare. The men fall forward and thrash about on the ground in the roots of the ancient oak. For some moments they claw at their tunics and cast off their boots then they start to growl and grunt until finally one of them let's loose a howl as fierce as any wolf's.

The first one then stands up, black as a moonless night, large as a pony, with yellow eyes fairly soaked in malice. Then the others, none so dark furred nor so large but all with the same yellow eyes shining in the darkness.


Well, that answers that question.

Ragnar puts his hand on his sword hilt and glances uncertainly at his companions. Face the man-wolves now, or try to sneak away undetected and deal with them tomorrow when they're human again?
  • 2

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:40 am

At the sound, Rashad abandons any hope of getting sense out of either Dagobert or the robber knight, and starts to sprint back along the path, as fast as his tired limbs will carry him. Surely, whatever is roaring like that is the "it" that Gisele's maid claimed to have seen.

He pushes aside his worry over leaving Dagobert behind with that evil jewel: by that roar whatever monster haunts these woods tonight has found something to attack, whether it is devouring the lady Gisele, or has come upon Sir Adele alone - Ermeline, Leufoy, and the injured maid should still be at the camp and it sounds nearer than that. That problem is more urgent now.
  • 2

The Dungeon Master wrote:Those who don't want to be baptised, make a dexterity saving throw.
User avatar
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt
 
Posts: 6989
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm
Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Swamp Thing

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:39 am

Renier stands up heroically with his axe in hand.

"Whoever these monsters kill tonight, their blood is on our hands too if we don't do something!"

Plus, crouching is uncomfortable for a man of his size, you know? Better to just get it over with here one way or another. No aching knees in heaven, er hopefully ^^
  • 1

Image
User avatar
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: India
Show rep
Title: =)

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Baeraad » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Ragnar draws his sword.

"Then let us strike!" he agrees.
  • 2

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Show rep

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests