PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Jellicle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:32 am

He grips her arm. Hard.

“Do you swear it?”

“Then go wake the others and tell them to arm themselves. I shall do what I can.”

And sword in hand he strides to the pavilion to wake lady Giselle.
  • 2

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby roobeastie » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 am

She glances down at his hand on her arm, nervous by how serious he seems.

"Aye, I swear it."

Her voice has a tremor to it as she finishes speaking, nodding to show she understands what he's asking of her.

"Be safe, Sir Dagobert," she whispers, before moving to rouse the others.
  • 1

User avatar
roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 12:25 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby panda1594 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Nodding off, Adele snaps alert hearing a sound. Looking around she sees Dagobert and Lady Ermeline startled awake. Standing and about to rouse the others she hears her cousin asking the Lady to do so.
As Lady Ermeline rouses the others, Adele readys her sword as she rushes to the pavilion with Dagobert
  • 2

Last edited by panda1594 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panda1594
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Rashad, standing outside his pavilion, sees Dagobert stride forth with drawn blade. When Lady Ermeline emerges from the same tent a moment later he is already following his cousin, drawing his own sword as he goes.
  • 2

The Dungeon Master wrote:Those who don't want to be baptised, make a dexterity saving throw.
User avatar
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt
 
Posts: 7007
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm
Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Swamp Thing

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:26 am

Ladki96 wrote:"Sir Renier, Sir Ragnar and Sir Coenwulf at your service. Sir Egier sent us to deal with the supernatural wolf plaguing these parts. I'm sure we will have your full cooperation in our investigation, my lord?" :)


Sir Eingar's unamused expression somehow becomes less amused, "Supernatural wolf," he snorts, "Is that what the commons are on about?"

He waves over a servant with a jug to pour wine for himself and his guests and he gestures to knights to sit with him and his son.

"We live in the dark wood of Ardennes. I've seen wolves near as big as bears every year of my life since I was my uncle's squire. And every one of those years the commons have cried about how the wolves come and take their cattle and their sheeps and goats and on and on. Then every year my knights go out and kill a dozen wolves or more and are they ever grateful? No! Not once have they stopped complaining."

Eingar drains his goblet and gets another.

"If Thierry wants to waste the energies of his nephews on this then be my guest. Go and search the wood for all the wolves you can catch and you'll see they are just the usual sort. You have my hospitality for the duration of this fool's errand."

With another drained goblet he dismisses them without entertaining any more questions or talk. His son is left to arrange lodgings for them.

"Please forgive my father," he says once they are back in the atrium. "He has been short tempered ever since my lady mother passed."
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:36 am

The Glade

The wakeful knights, Dagobert, Adele and Rashad, swords and shields at the ready, advance into Lady Gisele's pavilion to warn her of the danger. Inside they find the usual embers giving warmth in a smothered pit and bedding for the lady, her maid and two unused pallets for the knight and his squire.

But they have little interest in the empty beds as they see, to their horror, that the rear of the pavilion has been torn and the insides seem to have been trampled.

Lady Giselle is gone entirely but her poor maid is found at the back of the tent crumpled in a bloody heap. The girl's wan face looks up, her eyes like glass and her bloody face a rictus of fear.
  • 3

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby panda1594 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:34 am

Sheathing her sword and putting away her shield, Adele runs over to Lady Giselle's maid. Knowing that Adele can't ask any questions with the maid like this, she does what she can in an attempt to help the maid.

First aid (16) 14, rolled 3 for healing
  • 1

Last edited by panda1594 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
panda1594
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:25 pm

"I'm sorry to hear that." Renier bows his head.

The miserable lord! They had met with the commoners. They had seen the wounds on their animals. Normal wolves wouldn't foolishly go up against protected adult cattle in human settlements when there are easier stray pickings to be had. The local steward, Wulfram had acknowledged the threat as well. And he would have said all of this if the old coot hadn't basically covered his ears and screamed "Get out of my cooouuuurrt! Only come back if you need to eat or sleeeeeep!"

Renier thinks back to the pilgrim's warning about Sir Eingar. Er. How does one politely accuse a man's father of villainy? "The people in the northwestern hamlet told us..." Um. umm. "...that one of them married and settled down here last week." If the rest of the villagers were so eager to avoid their party, at least this man could tell them something. And they'll check out the church along the way too. "Could you point us to him, Sir... Sir...?" What was his name again?

signed, the Subtlest Detective Evar
  • 3

Image
User avatar
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: India
Show rep
Title: =)

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Scarik » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:55 am

The Glade

After a few minutes the girl's eyes regain some of their focus and she suddenly grabs at Adele's arms with desperate strength,

"It took my lady!" she manages to croak.


Esneux

"Eingar," the son replies, but I am more commonly called Ulfgar. You'll find the church where we first met and thankfully I have duties that prevent me from accompanying you to speak with that infuriating priest. Father will expect you back for supper unless you must travel on before then."
  • 2

User avatar
Scarik
TCS Regular
TCS Regular
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 pm
Location: Braintree, MA
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Sword still drawn, Rashad brushes past those clustered around the wounded girl to peer out the rent in the back of the pavilion - but nothing is there now. He sheathes the blade.

"It, not he," he comments thoughtfully. But it's clear they will get little more sense from the maid, and if they try, whatever 'it' is will be getting further away with the lady.

He looks to his cousins, "We will pursue it, of course? I think we had best leave the Lady Ermeline and this poor woman here, with our squires to protect them."
  • 3

The Dungeon Master wrote:Those who don't want to be baptised, make a dexterity saving throw.
User avatar
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt
 
Posts: 7007
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm
Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Swamp Thing

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Baeraad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Ragnar scratches his beard. Asking delicate questions is not his strong suit. Still...

"Ah, your father would be in better spirits if he got some more fresh air, I say," he says jovially. "He's got the look of a man who sits cooped up in his castle and broods all day long, if you don't mind me saying so. Have you tried getting him to go hunting? Nothing like a bow in your hand and the smell of greenery in your nostrils to make you remember to be happy to be alive!"
  • 3

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby panda1594 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 pm

Adele agrees, while picking up and sheathing her sword, "of course we will pursue it."
  • 3

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:25 pm

"Ah, but did you not hear him?" Renier replies lightly. "He has hunted all his life, and seems quite sick of it.

"In any case, thank you Sir Ulfgar. You may certainly expect us back tonight." Eingar wouldn't poison their bread, Renier is sure. The old grouch will follow the hospitality rules. Definitely. Hopefully.

Erherm.

"We should - get going. Before the sun sets. Yes."

----------------Outside the Keep-------------

Renier turns to his cousins as they make their way down to the village. "Let's not trust either father or son until we understand matters more, alright? We are in their territory, and nothing makes sense here. I want to find out why everything is so... weird."

They arrive at the village square and dismounting, walk into the church.
  • 3

Image
User avatar
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster
 
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm
Location: India
Show rep
Title: =)

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Jellicle » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:02 am

"Hm. It is clear, cousins, that we must follow the beast - whatever it is. To tell the truth, I remain unconvinced that the Lady Gisele is as innocent as she would have us believe. I can track the beast through the woods, but we should take it slowly and watch for ambushes."
  • 3

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:32 am
Show rep

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby roobeastie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Lady Ermeline directed her maid to quickly dash through the camp, doing her best to wake the sleeping knights. Meanwhile, the lady herself sneakily followed the other knights, wanting to find out what happened
  • 2

User avatar
roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 12:25 am
Show rep

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest