PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Chaomancer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Shadi tries to keep her eyes on the darkness surrounding them. Rashad has the man covered, and if it's to be fight with him then the weight of numbers will tell.

But right now, there might be a dangerous beast creeping back to take advantage of their distraction. Better that someone keep watch!

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:57 am

His father cuts in at that point, "Three days," he grunts, "That's what hospitality buys you and not a moment more. After that you sleep in the woods if you mean to continue haunting my lands."

Ru-ude.

"Believe me, we would like nothing more than to see this matter wrapped up within three days." >_>

-----------

2tn37u.gif
2tn37u.gif (2.84 MiB) Viewed 4928 times

What do you think @Baeraad and @WaitingCynicism? I think let's stay awake in the night and see if something happens? it worked for Dagobert :P Otherwise if you guys have any plan/idea that works too ^^

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby bydawine » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Leufroy groggily mutters a prayer. "Jesus, I will arise. Do thou accompany me? Do thou lock my heart into thine? And let my body and my soul be commended unto thee? The Lord is crucified. May God guard and protect my senses so that misfortunes may not overcome me. In the name of God the father, Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen! Now, my lady, you wouldn't happen to know how we got here and by whom?"

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:47 am

After turning from her cousins, Adele runs into Lady Ermeline. "My Lady, you haven't happened to have seen Sir Leufroy?" Not waiting to hear what the Lady has to say, Adele tells the Lady "Stay back!"

Last edited by panda1594 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Jellicle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:54 pm

Dagobert draws his sword, cautiosly eyeing the knight - mindful of Rashad's warning.

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Rosamund's Fate

The tide of kobolds seems neverending, though they just can't seem to overwhelm Rosamund or Hecate. Right when it starts to look as though the little buggers were rallying for a renewed attack, a strangely soft, sibilant whisper can be heard from above. The kobolds flee in an inelegant mess, opening a path that leads up to a cave. Inside the cave, sitting at a simple table swirling what looks to be a glass of mulled wine, a man bathed in pure shadow waits.

He stands, moving closer, a nebulous hand extending from the dark pausing just short of caressing the young knights' chin. "Ah, you've arrived... finally. I've been waiting so patiently... You look like your mother, has anyone ever told you that?" she hears, more as a wisp of memory than a voice. "I knew her, once."

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:08 am

Hunt for the Devil Wolf

The meal is filling and once the lord leaves for his chamber they bed down in the hall for the night. Eingar junior, as his father's seneschal, also has his own room away from the guests and bachelor knights. Though its apparent after a few minutes of darkness that most of the knights are married after a fashion as the hall fills with the sounds of marital duty.

After the post meal entertainment finishes it is long hours until midnight before any significant noise is cause for concern.

And though it is minor Renier, bleary as he is, notices Ulfgar furtively passing through the hall and out toward the gate.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:21 pm

The Jewel Knight

Despite the clear advantage the knights have, and their prowess, the knight fights on undeterred. Having been knocked down and repeatedly bested, he continues to react as though possessed by a great need. It's not until Rashad sunders his shield that the combatants see any difference in the fellow knights' reaction as he throws down his sword and dives for the jewel, doing everything in his power to maintain his hold on the precious item.

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:12 am

Adele and Ermeline

With the young heiress in hand Adele turns back toward her companions and after no more than a dozen steps she hears clashing steel ahead.

Its almost loud enough that she fails to hear footsteps and turns just in time to see Lady Gisele stumble out of the forests. Her dress is torn by thorns and brush and her breathing is heavy and fast but she otherwise seems to have escaped any harm. There are no obvious scratches or injuries that Adele can see.

"Oh, Sir Adele, I am so glad to have found you, quick, we must get Ermeline to safety."

Leufroy and the maid

Nothing seems to be happening once his prayer is finished aside from a sharp pain in his lower back as he sits up. Its unlikely he'd be able to run with his muscles beaten and bruised as they are. But when he shifts he sees a flash of silver in the firelight and quickly realizes that he has been thrown down on top of a reliquary box.

It is made of pure silver engraved with a crucifix and has a simple latch. As he lifts the cover he sees it is nothing else but the golden pendant that holds the finger bone and hair of Saint Marcius. His fingers brush against it for a moment and in that instant he can feel the pulse of the forest around him.

In the south he hears the baying of wolves answered by a terrifying roar that could well be the call of the Devil Himself. Much closer he hears the snore of a bear as it slumbers through the night in a nearby cave, its belly empty.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Renier rubs his eyes and stands up. The three knights walk out of the hall and after Eingar Jr as quietly as possible.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:33 pm

The robber knight takes no more notice of Rashad's questions than a wild beast, and attacks with as much ferocity and less restraint, continuing his mindless assault no matter how many times he is knocked down and without heed to his wounds or the overwhelming odds against him.

At first, despite his warning to the others, it's Rashad who is mesmerised by the brilliant green gem and stands idly by as Dagobert and Shadi knock their foe to the ground. At last he manages, barely, to master himself and snap out of the emerald's spell. It's still his companions who are doing the significant damage, but as the knight's abnormal savagery continues a realisation strikes him: surely this man too, is influenced by the gemstone he bears.

Seizing an opportunity as the robber knight tries to fend off Shadi and Dagobert at once, Rashad strikes at his damaged shield and succeeds in breaking it. As the wounded man scrambles for the dislodged stone, Rashad,not daring to pick it up lest he fall victim, hurries to kick it away from his grasp.

"Don't let him get to the gem!"

Dex (14): 4

Last edited by CarrieVS on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby bydawine » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Leufroy slips the relic around his neck in case the reliquary is stolen again before he can return. He gets up, stretches his aching muscles again, and begins to explore the cave.

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Jellicle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Dagobert dives for the gem, wrapping it in his cloak.

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Baeraad » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am

I am informed that I should make an Energetic roll? 1d20 = 13 vs Energetic16.

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:59 pm

After Sir Ulfgar

Ulfgar reaches the gate quickly where he meets three other knights and a half dozen men-at-arms. With practiced silence they quickly open the postern and depart.

For the Duke's men this presents a conundrum.

Leaving in the night is a breach of hospitality, moreso if they take their gear and mounts.

The Green Prize

Dagobert snatches up the glowing gem. Through his cloak he can feel it as if it was left all day in the sun and it seems to pulse, faintly, in time with his heart.

Surely it isn't dangerous to just take a look...

Meanwhile, the Jewel Knight collapses in an undignified heap. The lines in his face are deep and his hair seems much grayer than it was as they fought. Certainly that is just because they didn't get a good look, right? Though that leaves the thought that a man of 60 had fought them like a lion.

The Cave

Gisele's maid looks aghast, "Reverend, what are you doing? Surely the monster will be furious that you have taken its treasures!"

There is hardly time to respond though as loud thumping approaches before a great shadow eclipses the cave mouth. Leufroy's breath catches in his throat and his heart nearly stops as a man too massive to be human ducks to enter the cave.

He is huge and hunched and as ugly as he is broad. If one had he carries the limp carcass of a deer as it it were no more than a puppy, and in the other he drags a tree truck with its heavy, knotted roots still attached.

Taking no notice of his captives he sits down with a crash and begins, with his teeth, to skin the deer.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

PreviousNext