PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Chaomancer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 am

Shadi's face shines with joy as she looks at Coenwulf and Aelred. "Congratulations to you both, and a thousand blessings on your union," she says, dark eyes gleaming. "That is wonderful news!"

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby WaitingCynicism » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:31 pm

The two men smiled at Shadi and Adele. "Thank you both, so much." Coenwulf's dark blue eyes gleamed.

WaitingCynicism
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 pm

Out of boredom, Rosamund begins staring intently at a nearby fire brazier, trying to turn the flames green. To her delight, she succeeds, and the surrounding courtiers are bathed in otherworldly emerald light. Awkwardly, she hadn't planned on it working, and doesn't have a good explanation prepared, so she decides to pretend that it wasn't her. "Oh dear me! Could it be a sign?"

Glamour Skill 2, Rolled 1

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:46 pm

While those who saw it wonder how it happened the bell rings and the pre-meal music stops for the announcement that the first service of four is beginning. The Duke does not stand on the ceremony one finds at other courts though the Duchess insists on high standards so while the fare is local and plentiful it uses spices from afar and wines from across the kingdom.

The Duke and Duchess take their seats and the meal commences.

The food is served on platters with several per table so that one does not need to get up with the finer plates at the end toward the high table. The heavy platters are carried by lackeys but set down by valets in line with the Duchess's preferences for the greater manners they display with pages and common servants refilling cups and fetching things as needed. And of course, the higher ones status the fewer common servants are involved.

The high table is served entirely by squires personally overseen by the Seneschal who ensures their conduct in the person of an esquire deputy. The Seneschal eats with the other nobles, anything that would require him to leave his seat is liable to be very severe indeed.

'The Cousins' as they are called for their close lineage to the Duke (though they are more properly nieces and nephews) are seated together at the table to the right of the Duke's table where he sits with his counts and top officers. Their table also includes the Knights of the Towers with their wives and the eligible persons of means and quality guests that do not rise to the level of the high table. They are served by the most skilled of the common servants and pages supervised by squires.

The far left table is the household knights and noble ladies of ordinary statue and in total there are some three hundred feasters in the main hall. Those below the rank of knight and lady yet still noble are at the back of the hall and is where the esquires and younger daughters and sons are found. They are served by the common staff with experienced servants directing them.

As to the food itself the first service is pies and broths and coarse meats with trays of beef pies and arbolettys of ginger with black beets, lampreys in soup of cold sage and a white sauce made from fishes. The meat is sliced beef and mutton.

The Feast will consist of 4 rounds.
There are five activities to choose from: Draw Cards, Gossip, Indulge, Flirt, or Game.
Please state your choice with your post even if you have to post just blue text because you don't have anything else yet.

Last edited by Scarik on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby WaitingCynicism » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:06 am

As the people begin to eat, Coenwulf quietly stands up, saying, "Some of you may have heard this already, but I'd like to tell you all: Sir Aelred and I are preparing to wed this winter." He smiles at everyone.

WaitingCynicism
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:44 am

Rosamund tries her hand at flirting. The only trouble is that she doesn't quite know how. She is of an inquiring and studious mind, but social finery is not a discipline she has studied, used to being pursued, but rarely ever venturing to lead the dance. Perhaps the wine has given her some confidence. Istud vinum, bonum binum she thinks to herself while taking another long sip from her chalice, hardly touching the repast before her. Over the rim of the chalice she tries to perform what she is given to understand is an 'alluring gaze', which she had sometimes observed at court and subsequently practiced in the mirror. The object of her gaze is Sir Maugis, the enchanter.

Flirting, Rolled 15 on APP 17, success.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:04 am

Renier cheers at the news in a loud voice full of pleasure, as if he may well be hearing it for the first time. "We welcome our new cousin-in-law! It shall be the greatest wedding!" Very important to let it be seen that the family stands behind him, yus

In a quieter voice, he mock-sighs as his cousin sits down again, "If you're settling down, I suppose I should stop messing around and look too. crows take you Coenwulf" :P

Let us court, and court badly! It will be funny if nothing else :D

Edit:"You grow lovelier with each passing year, Lady Machteld," he smiles at her. "How have you been? Your family, they are all right?"

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Chaomancer » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Shadi applauds the announcement as well, glad to see her cousin so happy.

Turning to the rest of the table as the meal is served, she sips the honey water her squire brings her and tries to catch the attention of Lady Giselinde. The haughty young lady intrigues Shadi, and who knows? It's said that she turns away any man...

I've been sheltered long enough, she thinks, glancing back at Coenwulf and Aelred. Perhaps a new year is a time for a change?

I'm going to try my luck Flirting as well. Why not?

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:31 am

Hecate sees the feast and makes happy noises. She wags her tail with glee and knocks over a few goblets. She ignores the sounds of disdain.

indulge

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 am

Rashad declines all wine as he usually does, keeping to small beer which is hardly intoxicating unless one drinks a great deal. He also takes none of the lamprey soup. He enjoys the rest of the food, but the company is of most interest to him. As ever, he talks to as many people as he can, swapping stories and information and doing his best to deduce more than he lets on.

Gossip

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby bydawine » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:59 am

Leufroy walks amongst the tables chatting about events and listening. Intrigue

Last edited by bydawine on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:00 am

Rosamund
Like most, Sir Maugis was intrigued when the fire turned green. However, he had heard the gossip regarding the young Sir Rosamund and her interesting parentage. Therefore, when he noticed her looking his way in what he figured was a bid for attention, he offered a slight smile and nod as he lifted his drink in her direction. She could take it as an invitation if she liked, or if his assumption was incorrect and she was looking to curry favor elsewhere she could simply ignore him.

Renier
Hearing the statement from Sir Renier, Lady Machteld couldn't stop the burst of laughter that came out of her lips. She could hear the sincerity in his voice, but was more than aware that she was no beauty. Still, what woman didn't enjoy a little flattery every now and then? "Ah, Sir Renier, I have been well, as is my family," she answered, moving closer. "And how are you and yours, if I may be so bold as to inquire?"

Shadi
Well aware of what the others think of her, Lady Giselinde carries herself in a way that makes it clear she has no intentions of ever apologizing for, or changing, her behavior. As far as she's concerned, this is who she is and anyone looking to court her should know from the get-go exactly who and what they'll be dealing with. Feasts such as this bore her, as do the so-called suitors her brother keeps parading her way. Her attention is a fickle beastie, flitting around the room, pausing every so often on things she finds interesting. Including the knight who seemed to be glancing her way. An inviting smile is spared for her, eyebrows aloft as she waits to see if the knight has the courage of her convictions.

roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Baeraad » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 am

Ragnar eats and drinks heartily. You have to enjoy life while it lasts - you never know when some bugger will get the better of you on the field of battle!

Indulge.

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Jellicle » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Machteld would have been an easy make, but he has competition. Arlon would make a fine estate, but he has no riches to offer the lady Rolinga. Giselinde, then, or Ermeline. Ermeline it is.

“O, lady Ermeline, my heart grieves at your misfortune – the robber knight stalks your lands! For your sake, I will seek him out and bring him to justice, by God I swear it! I ask only for a token of your affection, that I might vanquish the foe in your name.”

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:33 pm

"Nonsense, you may ask me anything. Auvv looks to have a good harvest, my Maude outgrows her clothes every week, and I'm speaking with you," he answers lightheartedly. "It would be a fine year if not for this latest news. But I have no doubt we shall get rid of any menace with God's blessing.

"Do you wish to dance?" ^^

Last edited by Ladki96 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

PreviousNext