PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: PALADIN 786: The Wolf and The Robber Knight

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Rosamund smiles to him in return, inclining her head proudly. She flits her eyes to an empty spot beside her, as if to tell him that yes, she's looking at him, but he will be coming to her. It may not work, she realizes, the gaze appeared to engender a positive reaction, but she needs gauge his interest, not merely his acknowledgement. As out of depth as she already is, chasing after him in person like a wanton trollop would be beyond fathoming. Perhaps she had internalized one or two things from her time in the monestary, despite her lustful faerie blood. Granted, her present intentions are well on the side of trollopry, but no one needs to know that. Well, perhaps it wouldn't be entirely out of the question if he knew that. She sips her wine as her mind wanders merrily away for a moment.

Flirting, APP 17, Rolled 2, Success.

Last edited by Cpt._Funkotron on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby panda1594 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:47 am

Enjoying the feast, Adele decides to attempt to flirt. Much like her cousin Rosamund, Adele doesn't know how. Looking around, Adele spots and smiles at Matthaeus

flirting, rolled 15 on appearance 10

panda1594
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Chaomancer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Shadi feels her heart lift at that inviting smile, taking it as a good sign. She knows little of the courtly forms of romance here, but there is a challenge to this and Shadi has no intention of shying away from it.

And, well, the suitors Lady Giselinde spurns presumably know what they are doing. So perhaps she prefers a different approach? Shadi slips closer to Giselinde, close enough to speak quietly. Speech is, after all, Shadi's strong suit - and perhaps if the lady doesn't like the raucous feast, she would enjoy some poetry?

Flirting again, rolled a 4 against APP 13.

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Rashad

Idle chatter around Easter is always about the upcoming year and, for Rashad at least, the marvel that his people do not celebrate it. But while he is educated and can remark that his people do venerate Jesus (though he never calls him Christ or Lord while doing so) and his mother and marvel at the virgin birth they keep different holidays. BY that point people tend to leave him be.

More interesting to him is his when he meets Sir Blais, one of the wounded knights attacked by the Knight of the Jewel. He is only eating soups and bread with sauces due to his injuries but he describes the knight as a towering figure wearing a green tabard and how he could not take his eyes away from the glowing jewel on his shield even when the knave was upon them.

Check to Intrigue.

Leufroy

Many people wish to speak to the young canon about the missing relic. As he knows God gave St Marcian power over animals which the saint used to both protect settlements as well as creatures of the forest and he forbade hunting in the woods where he kept his hermitage.

You failed Intrigue and so learn nothing you don't already know. Next round you may roll Religion and Eloquence to explain more about St Marcian or you may take a normal feast action.

Hecate
You failed both indulgent and temperate you you can act how you like but don't get any XP checks

Ragnar
You also failed both indulgent and temperate you you can act how you like but don't get any XP checks

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Hecate decides to taunt the tamed wolf by sneaking behind him, intent on nipping his tail.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Scarik » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:22 am

We are starting Round 2. Results from last round may carry over. This means if you are talking to a specific NPC you may continue to do so. You may roll APP again if you are just being flirty or you may attempt a skill, trait or passion.

Dagobert may roll Honor or Romance
Renier may roll Romance or Dancing
Rosamund may roll Faerie Lore

And of course you may also Indulge, Flirt, Gossip or Game or draw a card and see what happens.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby bydawine » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:52 am

Eloquence Leufroy expounds upon the saintly works of St. Marcian.

bydawine
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:11 am

Renier does naaht impress his dance partner, bumbling around in mistune, and getting the style wrong. At least he hasn't kissed the floor, so no eyes are upon Machteld er, them. Probably. It is a bit funny.

"Apologies. Guess I'm not much of a dancer," laughs Renier. "But I was glad for the opportunity anyway," he smiles leaving the lady back at her table.

Romance (Dancing)
Fail, 18. see: the opposite of below gif lol

At this point I'm just going to cash out while I still haven't hopefully annoyed her and try again in winter :P Draw Card(s) for the next two rounds please~ (when they start that is)

Last edited by Ladki96 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Baeraad » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:33 am

Ragnar eats and drinks with good appetite, but soon starts looking around for something else to occupy himself with.

Let's try Gaming, even though I'm not sure what that means in practice.

Baeraad
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby roobeastie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Adele
It should surprise no one to learn that for all his scholarly pursuits, flirting is not among the ones Matthaeus is well-versed in. To say it surprises him when he realizes that the smile on Sir Adele's face is meant for him would be an understatement, his momentary confusion giving way to a warm, albeit embarrassed smile of his own. Deciding to take the initiative for once in his life, he notices an empty chair next to the knight, nervously making his way over. "Is this seat taken?"

Dagobert
When it comes to proclamations, the one Sir Dagobert makes to Lady Ermeline certainly garnered attention from anyone within hearing distance, including the lady herself. And her uncle, Sir Egier. Hushed whispering can be heard from their end of the table before the young woman bats her eyelashes at the dashing knight, pleased with suddenly being the object of someones' attention. "How bold of you, Sir Dagobert! Would that I could provide you with a token, it would be my pleasure. However, I believe my uncle might have something to say about that," she simpers, pouting ever-so-slightly.

Renier
Lady Machteld, against her better judgment, finds herself charmed by Sir Renier and his affable demeanor. Ignoring the way her mother sniped under her breath, she stands, offering a curtsy to the knight as she attempts to follow along with his dancing. That he isn't all that skilled helps, her laughter once again ringing forth as she warmly regards him.

Rosamund
Sir Maugis quirks an eyebrow before finishing his drink, getting up to move next to Sir Rosamund. It amuses him to see that she isn't willing to put herself out there enough to potentially garner shame, especially when he can sense that this isn't something she's adept at. Settling himself, he gestures for a page to come closer. "More wine, Sir Rosamund?"

Shadi
Lady Giselinde risks a quick look at her brother, making sure Sir Odo is sufficiently occupied and won't do something to interrupt her fun. It seems he's content to ignore the knight making her way over to Giselinde's side, the lady curious to see what Sir Shadi might have in store for her.

Last edited by roobeastie on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
roobeastie
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Jellicle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 pm

“O, cruel maid, that you refuse me!” Dagobert says with a wink. “I’ll prove myself worthy by bringing the bandit to justice! Why, who better could track him down?” And Dagobert sits down next to Lady Ermeline – at a modest distance, still, but next to her – and recounts the tale of how, not three years ago, Duke Thierry had called a great hunt to rid himself of the great lion which preyed upon the deer in his forests, and also upon the peasantry. And how he, Dagobert, had resolved to slay the beast and claim the Duke’s reward for himself.

“A great sum of money was offered as prize! And I set off into the deep woods to find my prey – for six days I tracked him, until I found the cave where he had made his lair and there did I lay in ambush for him. On the seventh day, when he returned to the cave, did we fight, until ultimately I prevailed, and returned with his hide to prove the deed. Fifty livre was the prize, or my pick from the Ducal armory, and I chose this wolfshead helmet.”

Jellicle
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby WaitingCynicism » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:20 am

Coenwulf smiles at his betrothed, and his childhood friend. "Shall we dance, love? I know how much you enjoy it," he says to Aelred.

WaitingCynicism
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:51 pm

Hecate bats at Geri's tail.

"Surely you have seen or heard some interesting things, Geri? Tell me, I won't tell anyone except Rosamund," Hecate whined at the tamed wolf.

Gossip

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:26 am

"I wish you a swift recovery, Sir Blais." Rashad takes his leave of the wounded knight, storing away what he has learned about the robber knight, without any particular purpose in mind.

Let's live dangerously. I should like to draw a card.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Chaomancer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:28 pm

Shadi approaches Lady Giselinde with a bright smile and a determination to do better than the dull men that were being steered the lady's way. So I know little about the arts of romance, she thinks. What of it? These men are all skilled in such arts, and the lady looks more bored than anything. She will likely prefer something different.

"Fair lady, it grieves me to see you unentertained," Shadi says. "Perhaps I know a tale or two that may lift your heart, and I would like nothing more than that."

If there is one art I know well, it's the telling of tales.

Flirting continues...

Chaomancer
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

PreviousNext