[Pendragon RP] 488 Adventure - "The Matter of Frankland"

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Pendragon RP] 488 Adventure - "The Matter of Frankland"

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:53 am

Spoiler: show
"Oh he's the best fighter. So are you! ^^ and that is a super idea."

Eenie meenie miney mo, choose a non-burning ho....me. That didn't quite rh-

A simple "shoo!" is enough for the dwellers to run. Well that and sharp swords with red on them, but you know. Terrwyn searches inside. "Ah-ha, what do we have here?" she stands up, waving couple of bottles. "Jackpot. We better get out of here now before we're set on fire. Dumb Gauls." Time to drink the screams away!
----
"Shh, is okay. She won't leave my head alone either. Payin' me back for me being sho needy when she ws alive, no doubt >.> always great in bed, terrifying othrrwise. But that just added to her awesomeness. Man, she'd be super proud of you're also awesome out there! El too, just the bes. Get in here, it'sh a group hug." <3

Okaay, we got a little bit confused here, didn't we? Yes. Yes, we did. Get yer own drinks! I'm off to do something else other than hang around you (awesome) losers {{{El Leiryn}}} better see some amazing bromance, cha

Woah. That's a little excessive. But I would do as much if it was my home, I guess. Besides, she's got no call to go around judging, Terrwyn thinks wryly as she watches the destruction. Oh well. Let's go a-exploring!

Bryce leads her horsie inside the city and to her. She rubs him fondly. "Missed me? Now, don't get frightened by all the fire and the people running around. Don't be a wimp and I won't let you get burnt okay? I'll throw in a treat too, you greedy bastard you. Deal," she kisses him.

Terrwyn idly wanders here and there until she comes to the biggest building around the block. She whistles. They did a number on the church. She gets closer and spots Persi... not being very Persi. What the? She dismounts immediately and runs to him.

"You okay?"

Persi just destroys more stuff. She takes a step back. "Caius!" Okay, maybe, just maaybe, something's wrong. She looks at Rufus, and then back at her best friend. She thinks for a moment. Talking's not going to help here. Hugs aren't enough. Alright then. She walks forward, takes a box and throws it at the ground.

"C'mon then!" *smash* "Fuck you, Franks!" *smash* "Your mothers are ugly!" *smash* "Fuck you Clovis!" *smash* "Fuck you Jaradan!" *stops* "Uh, haha." :P

Okay okay, the guy seems to have calmed down. At the very least, he's not breaking shit. She hugs him. "Okay, I don't know what's going on, but I know that we're 100% taking the fort, okay? So let's go give them hell."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 pm

In spite of the scene of destruction unfolding around them Eliver laughs, "Well, I suppose I'm as good as the next man. But I'm not bad at climbing over walls." He grins at Leiryn and continues as though he hadn't noticed the hesitance of his companion's response, "Not that you're so terrible at it either."

It's not too difficult, yet, to find a house that hasn't been ransacked already. The inhabitants cower in the corner as they enter, a lad around Rhidian's age holding a dagger as he stands defiantly in front of a woman who's most likely his mother and a little girl. He's shaking, but has a desperate look in his eye, and both knights ready their swords. When they stand clear of the door, however, and Eliver tells them to "Get out," gesturing in that direction in case they don't understand, all three of them leave. The boy keeps his knife drawn and makes certain not to turn his back. The girl is sobbing. Well, it's not as though they were really safe here, not for much longer.

It's not a wealthy home - would not have been overlooked even this long if it were - but they find a few jars of beer, and some reasonably fresh bread and even a little hard cheese, too, and settle down to this repast.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby KleinerKiller » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:07 am

Leiryn, constantly trying to think of other things to say, inadvertently winds up drinking in total silence in between stern, too-long stares. When they've both finished, he excuses himself more quickly than he intends, and tries to compensate by quickly shaking El's hand and giving him a knowing nod, desperately hoping he understands.

Once outside and alone, he sighs and rubs his head, cursing as dozens of conversation topics suddenly come to mind all at once. When he closes his eyes, he tries to envision his mistress by his side; she comes to him the moment he asks his question. "Did I just make a friend?"

Her face quietly smolders and drips away, leaving him with his thoughts.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Eliver's spent far too much time with Bleddyn over the years to be troubled by Leiryn's silence, though he is somewhat surprised. Leiryn's mostly kept to himself since Arcadia's death - before that, he was her squire and it wasn't his place to be too friendly with her equals - but El had just thought he didn't want much company. If truth be told, he's ignored him somewhat. But that can be remedied.

It's no difficulty to him to keep up a steady flow of talk, no matter if it's almost entirely flowing one way. Mostly about nothing of importance. Until the beer is gone and Leiryn takes his leave with no less awkwardness than he's kept El company, but with a handshake and a look that would appear to suggest it wasn't unwelcome company.

"Go get some rest, if you'll take my advice," Eliver says in response, "and get that cut seen to." He gives Leiryn a good start, lest he make him uncomfortable, then goes to do likewise.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Persidius hardly notices Terrwyn's approach and is so focused on his own acts that he neither sees nor hears her participation. Mainly he stares at the golden skull, mesmerized by its glittering, red eyes.

Until he feels the impact of her embrace.

He is a fair bit taller than she but not so much that he doesn't take an involuntary step back.

"Ack!" he grunts, then regains some of his composure, "Larksnest, what are you doing?" he asks disengaging from her then trying to answer her question about the fort before he bursts out laughing at how strange the scene must look.

"Smashing things myself, what was I thinking?" he shakes his head. "Take the wood for kindling for when we burn them out of the tower keep," he then says to Elinor.

"What do you think, Sir Terrwyn" he asks, finally back to himself, "Quite the banner I should think, more so once it bears its new arms."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:31 pm

"Whaat, smashing things is the best. Explaining yourself to the steward is the awkward part." Good thing they have all earned so much. Some silver will shut Gwiddon and his money-worrying mouth up. His fault for walking in like that ok. Terrwyn shakes her head.

"It looks fricking weird. Awe-inspiring, but weird."

She dusts herself and starts walking back. "Take it but don't keep looking at it like that, or I will sew dicks into it when you're not."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:05 am

Persidius sighs and shakes his head, "Always such a classy lady, SIr Terrwyn."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:05 am

"Aww. I love you too, Sir Persidius," Terrwyn calls over her shoulder. "Too bad you're going to have to share it," she gives Horsie a pat (okay, two pats but that's all you greedy!) before mounting him.

"I'll see to the new camp, and spread the news about the fort. It'll probably take a couple of days before our friends calm down, anyway," she waves a hand at the city.

"Stay sane till then, hm? Crazy isn't good for... morale," she puts on a grin and takes off.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:33 pm

A few days later, the Britons pour over the walls of the fort like water into a foundering hull. In the laying of the lines, the fording of the rivers, and the surety of the ladders, Persidius is the image of Caesar at Alesia. A full week after arriving at Caen, the knights find themselves standing in the great treasure vault. The ceiling is domed, supported by columns and arches along the walls. This surely must have been an earlier construction, or the Franks have gotten ahold of roman engineers. Within the vault, row upon row upon row of oaken strongboxes. Within, a vast fortune in silver and gold. The ransom of more than four kings. About one third of the total annual tax revenue of the kingdom of Logres. £9,000 approximately.

"God's wounds" remarks a driver. "We're going to need more carts."

On the second floor of the treasury, the door leading to the main chamber seems to be barred from the other side. Hushed voices can just be heard on the other side of it. Persidius will be busy downstairs dealing with the logistical concerns of the money heap, one of the other knights would have been the first to the door. Who was it? Suggested Trait Roll: Energetic

Casualties
Kitten07/27/2018
Caen casualties 1:
Persidius: 2 archers killed outright, 1 knight died of infection, 1 footman recover in 1 week, 1 squire recover in 2 weeks, 1 footman died of infection
Eliver: 1 footman died of infection, 1 footman killed outright, 1 archer recover in 3 weeks
Bleddyn: 1 footman missing, 1 squire recover in 2 weeks, 2 footmen recover in 2 weeks
Terrwyn: 1 footman missing
Leiryn: 1 knight recover in 1 week, 1 hobilar killed outright
Emrys: 1 footman killed outright, 1 footman recover in 3 weeks
Gauls: 1 footman recover in 2 weeks, 1 armoured footman missing, 1 armoured footman killed outright, 1 footman killed outright, 1 footman recover in 3 weeks
Kitten07/27/2018
Caen Casualties 2:
Persidius: 1 squire recover in 1 week, 2 archers missing (1 squire & 1 archer recover on treatment)
Eliver: 1 footman died of infection, 1 squire recover in 2 weeks, 1 footman crippled
Bleddyn: 1 footman recover in 2 weeks, 2 knights dead (1 outright, 1 infection), 1 footman recover on treatment
Terrwyn: 1 footman died of infection
Leiryn: 1 footman killed outright
Emrys: 1 squire recover on treatment
Gauls: 1 armoured footman died of infection, 1 sargeant recover in 3 weeks, 3 footmen died of infection. (2 armoured footmen and 1 footman recover on treatment)
Total casualties (part 1): 23
Total casualties (part 2): 16

Loot
Persidius: 360 + 315 = £675
Eliver: 107 + 100 = £207
Bleddyn: 320 + 270 = £590
Miles: 96 + 90 = £186
Terwynn: 50 + 56 = £116
Leiryn: 125 + 112 = £237

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Eliver, quick off the mark as usual, is the first to reach the door to the treasury chamber. He puts a shoulder to the door and shoves, but is entirely unsurprised that it won't open. And he hears voices. He can't make out the words or even the tongue being spoken - though he presumes they are Franks.

Presuming that they are less unlikely to understand Latin than British, he raises his voice in that language. "Open this door and throw down your weapons, and you'll be spared. Or I will call for axes." He stands directly in front of the door, not to seem afraid if they do by any chance open it, though he readies sword and shield to defend himself.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:32 pm

There is continued muttering and whispering, and what sounds like a brief argument. Finally, Eliver hears the bar being lifted from the other side of the door.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Eliver waits a few moments more, and the door does not open. he glances behind him - the corridor is narrow but Terrwyn is at his shoulder, and Leiryn and Bleddyn following behind. "If they're still holding weapons, we kill them. Ready?"

"Yes, hurry up!" Terrwyn replies.

Eliver kicks the door hard.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:11 pm

The door swings open, in it, a huddle of noblewomen fill the room. Some are old and frail, some are young and beautiful, some are mothers with children. Nearest the door, forming a semicircle between Eliver and most of the women, a few serving girls with spears and swords stand poised and protective. Their line is about three yards away, so Eliver, Leiryn, Terwynn, and Bleddyn could all pass through the door without entering their striking range. Directly across from the door, behind two such gladiatrices, is what appears to be a princess of some kind, a young maiden dressed in a mix of silks and satins, with jewelry adorning her neck and wrists.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Eliver hesitates for a moment, in the doorway. He steps inside, leaving just enough room for his companions to follow, and stops out of the reach of the armed women.

"Drop your weapons, and step away," he says, again in Latin. "If you do, you will not be harmed." And he hopes that none of the other three are about to make him a liar.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 pm

"Is true, we'd never hurt any beautiful creature. Hi, I'm Terrwyn. "These are my guys, pay them no mind really. Please tell your girls to step down, my lady."

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext