[Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Miles grows bored with the bizarre, awkward conversation across from him and turns to Eliver.

"So," he asks, "Has this sly dog found a bitch to his liking yet?"

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Novum-Semita » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Yvana fidgeted restlessly where she sat, edging a little closer to the flames. Something about their swaying dance had fascinated her since childhood. She'd looked up and given a chuckle at Miles' jokes, appreciating the humour. She decided to strike up a conversation with the red haired woman sitting across from her.

"So, where were you stationed before we came out here?" she asked.

If it speaks, it knows too much already.
Novum-Semita
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:23 pm

"Stop it, Sir!" Terrwyn blurts out. Cursing herself inwardly, she takes a torch and walks off far away before the situation with Miles escalates.

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Eliver tries hard to keep a straight face and not blush. "Well, um,"

He almost mentions Gwiona, who seemed to like him, but he's pretty sure that's not exactly what Miles is asking about, and he wouldn't want to give him the wrong idea and sully the lady's honour. "No, not really."

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

"W-wait, M-miles, a-are y-you t-talking a-about t-the g-guard d-dog, or c-calling E-eliver a d-dog? O-or, o-oh h-heavens, h-have y-you s-seen a gwyllgi? P-please t-tell m-me y-you h-haven't s-seen a gwyllgi!"

Panicked and confused, Bleddyn crosses himself and wonders if he needs to pray.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Arcadia realizes she has actually been spoken to for once, and by the otherwise quiet new woman, no less. "Castle Vagon, for most of my life, same as the others," she says, smiling faintly and ignoring the raunchy turn the conversation between the others is taking.

Small as it is compared to hers, Yvana's scar intrigues her. She taps over her unburnt eyelid to indicate it. "How'd you wind up with that?"

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:00 pm

"Bleddyn, it's just a figure of speech," Eliver quickly reassures his friend.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Miles laughs. "It was only a joke, Sir Bleddyn, no evil spirits about tonight. But, spirits willing, I'm going to find Sir Eliver the lady of his dreams!"

He reached out and ruffled Eliver's hair, rather more roughly than he intended.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:09 pm

"O-oh. O-okay," Bleddyn says warily as across the fire two of the women get to trading stories about scars.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Novum-Semita » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:25 pm

"Oh, nothing glamorous," Yvana chuckled, "When I was a kid growing up there was a time where things got pretty scarce. I fell in with a group of rogues, did some small jobs for them. Petty thievery mostly."

She paused, taking a swig from a flask at her hip.

"Then it was supposed to be time for my first big break. A wealthy merchant's house. I'd been told he was out for the evening so by all accounts the house should have been empty. But it seemed he was the extra paranoid type and he'd hired a guard to guard the place. He was armed with a dagger and in the skirmish I got this. I was lucky not to have been blinded. It was a while before the rogues would send me on any more jobs like that. I was lucky not to bring down the whole town guard on our little hideaway." As Yvana concluded her tale she watched the expression on the redhead's face.

"So, how did you get yours?"

Novum-Semita
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:01 pm

"Some random Saxon bastard set my home on fire when I was younger," Arcadia says, smirking. "I chased after him before my family could stop me. The rest is pretty hazy, so I can never recall whether or not I caught him, but I like to think I gouged his eyes out since it makes half my face sizzling off feel like a paltry loss in comparison."

She has to restrain herself from saying what she is thinking -- I have a few other scars too, beautiful, maybe I can show them to you later? -- as she knows by now that nothing good will ever come of that. She chalks it down to the chat between the men getting her flustered, and manages to stay reserved.

"I like your story better," she mutters.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:09 pm

"Yeah, um, sure." He means well, Eliver is sure. Then Miles reaches over and tousles his hair. El nearly jumps out of his skin in surprise, but he grins and chuckles. And then tries to change the subject.

"I still wish we could have gone to Caercolun with the army," he says, falling back on a familiar gripe. "Of course someone has to remain in Salisbury but I'd hoped I might hear word of Sir Elaine. My eldest sister," he explains to Miles, "She belongs to a free company there, and we heard nothing from her this winter.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Novum-Semita » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 pm

"I don't know, one could argue yours is the more heroic," Yvana smiled, "Though I like to think there's a certain heroism to thievery if it's applied in the right way. What fighting style do you favour? I prefer to get up close and personal in battle. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as they say."

She took another swig from her hip-flask.

Novum-Semita
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 pm

"My young brother is only a child, and my sister walks now," Miles answers. He smiles fondly. "Little, with golden curls. Our pride and joy."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 pm

"I'm the youngest in my family. Elaine's the eldest, and Alicia's older than me too - she's married now. I did have a brother, but he died when I was just a baby: he was twin to Alicia. The only children are my cousin Moreid's little boys. The eldest is five now."

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

PreviousNext