[Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Postby Scarik » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Persidius largely keeps to himself at the feast. He doesn't feel all that celebratory despite how well the year has gone for him. Mostly he is just tired and wants to go home.

But court is still the center of his world and the countess and her ladies are in attendance so that brightens his day. Eventually he seeks her out,

"Dear lady, I can't stop thinking about what you have told me about the Old Ways. Is there a chance you are as wise about spirits as you are about them?" He asks to start a conversation about something he knows little about other than his direct experience.

Later he is not surprised when the Seneschal starts roaring after being hit in the face with a drunk frog. You can never trust a giggling Sir Eliver.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Eliver laughs and slaps Miles on the back as Sir Rufon tumbles over in shock. Then the seneschal gets to his feet and demands to know who's responsible.

There's little point in trying to conceal his guilt, for even if no-one remembers that he last touched that jug, he is hardly the last person one would suspect. He's unable to keep the grin from his face as he stands up to take responsibility. He fell right off the bench!

"It was-" he has to stifle laughter with his hand "It was I, good Sir. I do hope you're not hurt." Imagine if it had been a grass snake, as they'd intended until the mishap earlier made them think better of it. "And I assure you it wasn't meant for you - or anyone - in particular." He doesn't dare look at Miles, lest he incriminate his friend.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Miles stands up and attempts to push Eliver back into his seat.

"Don't listen to him, Sir! I am the one responsible for this!"

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm

"Oh shut up and sit down, I don't care who put him up to it, he's a knight of the realm for Christ's sake! Being no taller than a snot-nosed page doesn't give you license to act like one!" he roars with a pointed finger before storming off.

Elsewhere, Lady Adwen is educating Persidius on faerie lore, while also inundating him with questions about facing off with the nukalavee and meeting the Arch-druid in person.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 pm

"Humourless, loud-mouthed oaf," Miles mutters to Eliver.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:21 pm

"Better a snot-nosed page than an old crank with no sense of humour," Eliver whispers to Miles as they sit back down, and dissolves into a fresh fit of giggles.

Hopefully no real trouble will come of this, but there's no sense in worrying over it.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 pm

"The nukalavee was ferocious. It fought with four arms as if it were four men. I am glad it had only two swords and had to use stout branches for the others. But what I recall most was its speed and the way it moved through the undergrowth as though it was clear ground."

Questions about Merlin are harder for him to answer but he resolves that propriety leans toward not insulting a religious figure. After all,m how would he react to dispersions against Archbishop Dubricous, or worse, the Holy Father?

"The Archdruid was strange. He came to us in the guise of a goatherd with a lost animal and lead us to the giant. He could have simply appeared as a man and told us of the giant, we would have gone to slay it all the same. So I must assume it was a test of other attributes rather than just knightly ways."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 am

Miles reaches for another jug, peering inside to make sure that there are no slimy intruders inside. Soon, there is nothing inside, and then another jug follows it. And another.

Miles laughs. "When I get back to Wylye," he announces, "I'm putting up some... walls and things. Big ones. I'll get some men too, make sure no raiders get near Mother and the little'uns while I'm away."

He finds another vessel, this one full of mead, which reminds him of something. That one goes the way of the others.

"An' I'll get some.... you know." He traces a forefinger wildly in the air. "Bzzzzzzz." He snaps his fingers. "Honey! Thassit. A field of.... no, that isn't right. Yes, it is! Honey!"

Miles looks at the bottom of the jug and frowns. "But I'm forgettin' somethin'... right. Right!"

He turns. "El, you rememem...em...ber how you laughed at me for catchin' one frog to your two?"

He puts an arm around Eliver's shoulders and shouts conspiratorially into his ear.

"You were wrong."

With surprising speed for his condition, Miles pulls out a smaller damp, wriggling packet and empties its contents into the front of Eliver's tunic.

Building fortifications, hiring two soldiers, and building a Mellarium and meadery.

Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 am

Bleddyn can't really focus on the antics of Miles and Eliver. He has things on his mind. Like, would thick beer float atop lighter beer or would ale float upon lager? Why do women sometimes throw up randomly? Would Tegan finally be strongarmed into marriage? Father was seriously threatening her with being sent to a nunnery.

Do frogs have their own little wee frog armies? How would they get the helmets on?! Truly, his mind is on other places.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:49 am

"It's said he's fond of transforming. Traveling as a flock of crows, wrestling among the eels, convening with cattle, he's a bit like Jove really, so they say." Adwen giggles.

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:54 am

Persidius is well familiar with Jove, king of the gods of Pagan Rome but he has no idea if such a spirit is real (and thus a demon) or an old superstition. It flashes on his face for a moment and then is gone, replaced with humor.

"Best we keep good watch on all the maidens and ladies of the court then if Jove is about!"

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:01 am

Adwen laughs, nudging Persidius' chin good naturedly. "Is that why you've been watching the maidens of the court so intently, Caius?"

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 am

Being still embarrased by such things Persidius fails to retort about Adwen's familiar use of his praenomen. Instead he blushes through his olive complexion before regaining his composure.

"You are troublesome," he laughs, "My sister must like you."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:52 am

Terrwyn suddenly remembers something. Approaching Lady Ellen respectfully, she asks if she has had any news or messengers from Caercolun. :-) You know, if we are winning or losing, and whether anyone important has fallen in battle? Most er, regrettably?

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby CarrieVS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Eliver yelps in surprise as Miles tips the frog down his front, then laughs uproariously once he realises what it is. "You got me good." He fishes the creature out of his clothing and holds holds it up - until Miles is momentarily distracted by refilling his cup. Then he shrugs out of the bigger man's grip and drops the frog into the newly filled cup of mead.

When the possibilities of reptile*-related amusement are finally exhausted, Eliver notices Persidius deep in conversation with the Lady Adwen. Yeah... he should probably go and talk to Gwiona. Before carrying out his forfeit for the wager might have been favourite, but it's too late for that now.

Hoping that she knows how to appreciate a good joke, Eliver leaves Miles with a muttered apology and goes over to where Gwiona is seated. "Good evening, my lady. I trust that you've been keeping well?"

* I know. But Medieval folks didn't.

CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Show rep

PreviousNext