[Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Pendragon: Tales of Chivalry and Sorcery is the place to go if you want to play Pendragon. Cpt._Funkotron will be your GM, with assistance from CarrieVS.

Re: [Pendragon RP] 486 Adventure - "Water and Blood"

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:57 am

In typical Roman fashion Persidius turns his attention to the money when there is no more talking left.

"It is proper to surrender our captives and their gear to the judgement of our liegelord and allow him to arrange for their ransom and release in exchange for a reward," he says after several minutes, "I will make the arrangement and advise that we split the reward evenly among our number if no one objects."

He doubts they will since Persidius seems to be the only one who enjoys the affairs of court beyond the feasting and merriment.

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:28 am

"None of them said a word, except to plead and beg like children," Arcadia replies to Yvana, producing both the giant's skull fragment and the totem of pale fingers and holding both up to anyone who's curious. "Which I suppose is sort of poetic, in a particularly sickening way."

On the subject of money, she does not particularly care; her reward in this engagement, as far as she is concerned, was the act of justice that left her soaked in vile blood. Persidius's proposal strikes her as perfectly fine.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

NEW REVIEW! Judgment / Judge Eyes (2019)
KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Cute

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 am

KleinerKiller wrote:On the subject of money, she does not particularly care; her reward in this engagement, as far as she is concerned, was the act of justice that left her soaked in vile blood.

To be clear, is Arcadia forfeiting her share of the money?

ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:03 am

She's agreeing with Persidius that dividing the reward evenly among all of them sounds fair enough.

"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it." - Eclipse Phase

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:18 am

Terrwyn sits quietly, half-ashamed while the healers cluck about and bandage her. She coughs and looks around, and sees Arcadia and Yvana chatting happily. Gah! Stupid, why is she being so stupid? Leave that be, it's none of her business! It stopped being her business a long time ago!

Terrwyn looks away, and hears Persidius talking about the ransom loot. She interjects at once. "Oi, I don't want anything, you hear? >:| I was harmed grievously in one hit by that Tower knight, and ran away like a pussy! I didn't help with any of the others who we actually captured, so you better don't bother me >.> And before you start, Bleddyn deserves his share because he at least helped with the raiders. The same goes for Sir Miles, who fought off the ones surrounding him. I came in too late, they had all started fleeing. -.- Besides, I don't need the money, I-I've two harvests every year now, don't I? Don't worry" ^.^

Last edited by Ladki96 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: =)

Postby Kivutar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 am

"What kind of nonsense is that, Sir Terwynn?" says Miles in what is not an indoor voice at all.

"Despite your wounds, you sent that coward fleeing - and it was you who killed many of those raiders."

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Ladki96 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 am

"Talk whatever rubbish you want, Sir Miles, I am not humble at all, and anyone who knows me would agree. I just know the facts! I dont want the money, if not for this reason, then for some other, I don't know, unfathomable one." Terrwyn walks off before anyone asks and makes her come up with a reasonable cause. "I have a massive headache, going to sleep, okay? See you at dinnertime guys" ^^

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Persidius sighs at the bear roaring nearby, "I should let His Lordship know he won't need runners to command his flanks anymore. As long as he doesn't care about his hearing he can just have you bellow to them from the mainguard, Sir Miles."

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:04 pm

"E-El, w-will I-I h-have e-enough m-money t-to b-buy a n-non m-magic g-goat w-with t-this? B-but o-only a n-not m-magic o-one," Bleddyn inquires.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby CarrieVS » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:10 pm

"Oh lighten up Persi," Eliver says. "Of course, Bleddyn. I should think you could buy dozens and dozens of goats, if that's what you wanted to spend it on."

"We can go equal shares, or Yvana and I'll split whatever we get for Longley. I don't mind which." It'll be a good sum either way.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Kivutar » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 am

Miles looks after Sir Terwynn, confused. Well, if there's one thing he isn't interested in, it's figures. Besides, Sir Persidius doesn't seem too interested in his opinion anyway. He finishes off his soup more loudly than necessary and steps outside.

As he steps into the sunset-tinged courtyard, he feels something hit him on the head. Before he can look up, a pinecone rolls at his feet. Then, just in front of him, a small, green twig falls into the watering-trough just in front of him.

Miles shrugs and is about to continue, when an instinct makes him look up. There, most of the way up a small pine tree, is a small figure.

"Floridas!" Miles bellows. "Floridas, come down from that tree at once!"

Then, as the figure doesn't move, he says in a slightly more alarmed voice, "Floridas, have you been eating strange mushrooms again?"

A string of loud gibberish confirms his suspicions. Miles considers climbing the tree, but he doubts it would support his weight. He'll find another squire or two and make them fetch the boy.

Suddenly, the figure moves and produces an object Miles hadn't spotted before: a bow. Suddenly, he notches an arrow and fires it haphazardly, shouting something completely incoherent. The arrow sticks into the side of a building.

All right, this situation needs to be addressed immediately. Miles puts a foot on the watering-trough and pulls himself into the lower branches, shouting his squire's name.

He finally gets the boy's attention, but instead of coming down, Floridas squeals and heads higher, into the thin top branches. The tree, which is not very stout, begins to sway precariously. In seconds, it is nearly bent double.

"Floridas! You heard me! Get down this instant!" Miles roars. Unfortunately, Floridas chooses this time to obey, and drops the relatively short way to the ground.

The tree snaps back in an instant, and the jolt gives the young branch Miles is balancing on its last push. It snaps, and with an oath and a splash, Miles lands heavily in the watering trough.

He jumps out in an instant and, seizing his misbehaving squire by the ears, dunks his head into the trough, pulls him out to call him a curse word, and shoves him in again.

After a few more dunkings, several more minutes, and a number of cups of water and wine forced down his throat, Floridas looks a great deal less addled and much more chastened.

Seeing how frightened the boy looks, Miles takes pity on him.

"Floridas," he says more gently, "Do you remember what I told your old mother when she wanted me to take you on as my squire?"

As a matter of fact, he had flatly refused and the request had passed through Miles' own mother several times before he had given in, but the point still stood.

Floridas nods guiltily. "You told her you would train me as best you could, Sir."

"That I did, and I believe I did my best. But it seems you aren't cut out to be a squire, lad."

Floridas nods again.

"Go put on some dry clothes and pack up your things. You're going home at first light tomorrow."

"But who'll look after you, Sir?" Floridas pipes up.

"I'll manage. Now run along."

Floridas scampers off. Miles watches him leave a little ruefully. He'd wanted to give the idiot a chance, but this was really too much. He'll have to see about finding a gift for the boy to bring home to his mother, or he'd never hear the last of it. The sumpter his ex-squire has been riding will do, he supposes.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby Cpt._Funkotron » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 pm

After another day of rest, you return to Castle Salisbury triumphant, with the severed head of a monstrous three-eyed giant and three captive enemy knights in tow. Sir Roderick and the vast majority of the knights are all gone to Caercolun, so Lady Ellen has been left in charge of the earldom and the court. She is a woman in her early twenties, shrewd and graceful beyond her years. It is she who greats you from the comptal throne, and who takes the account of your adventure. In the absence of most of the men-folk, the listening crowd is almost entirely comprised of women, whispered comments and heaving bosoms accompanying the tale of gallantry and sorcery. The Countess offers her congratulations for your victories, handles the brokering of the ransoms and the plunder, and orders a modest feast to be held in your honor.

In second order only to the heroic knights in conversation is the gossip that King Uther will be wintering his entourage at Castle Salsibury for Christmas.

The Adventure of Water and Blood is at an end, The Winter Phase has begun. You may now roleplay your character's activity during any of the intervening months between now, late march, and Chistmas court, but not Christmas Court itself, which shall be the fixture of the Adventure of 487.

Please let me know below if you would like to reserve your seat for 487 within about 48 hours of this message going up. This is about the highest number of players I can handle at once,
so I'll only be able to accept new players if someone drops out.

Terwynn Epilogue
Epilogue: In November, some weeks after the birth of her twin girls, Sir Terwynn murdered her husband Sir Jaradan in their home at Larksnest. From rumor it would seem that the entire household had witnessed the woman knight provoking her husband into attacking her, and then took up a knife and stabbed him repeatedly until he was dead. Sir Roderick was outraged at the murder of his champion, under such treacherous circumstances as well. She was brought before him in chains. Despite his fury, Roderick is eased in his wrath by Lady Ellen, who reminds him of Terwynn's valorous service thus far. Grudginly, Roderick declares that he will not bring her before the King's bench for trial, the end of which would surely end in her death, but rather punishes her himself. He first rescinds the wardship of Knife Oak Manor, as well as her widow's portion of Jaradan's property. He then decrees that the children of their union shall be taken from Sir Terwynn's care and fostered at court, thirdly that she must pay them a full pound of silver to them yearly in compensation for the crime of murdering their father, payable to their guardian (the earl) until they come of age, and finally he banishes her from court for as long as it pleases him. If she does not respect her banishment, or fails to make all compensations promptly and in full, her remaining lands shall be forfeit.

Last edited by Cpt._Funkotron on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Cpt._Funkotron
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby Scarik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:53 am

I will play again!

Scarik
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep

Postby Ladki96 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 am

yes

Ladki96
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby KleinerKiller » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:42 am

Count me in once more

KleinerKiller
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

PreviousNext