Hate Week 3: One Movie for the Price of Three

Hate Week 3: One Movie for the Price of Three

Postby Kate » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:44 am

Ohhhhhhh it's coming. It's been coming for a long time. The delay has been our gift to you, dear TCSers; our hateful, spiteful gift. You might be expecting something clever here. Something like Orange's, "Our enemies are numerous and doubleplus ungood, but Big Brother has faith that between us we can show those bastards in Eastasia Eurasia who's boss. Our enemies will be taught goodthink or declared unpersons."

But you know what? No. Not this time. Not this year. This year, you're going to have to suffer a bit.

So who's the enemy? You are, of course.

Sign up here to participate. On August 2nd, you will be told the name of your mortal enemy. You will get ONE WHOLE DAY to research your enemy; you can coordinate with them or just attack at random. The fun starts on August 3rd. Throughout the week, you and your nemesis will bait, insult, antagonize, and otherwise taunt each other throughout the whole forum. Do you have a creative streak? Drawing unflattering caricatures, writing rude poems, talking the most burning smack imaginable; it's all in good fun until the end of the week.

The event starts Monday, August 3rd and runs through Sunday, August 9th.

The Party wants you to know:

Do I get to choose my mortal enemy?
Of course not. This is Hate Week. The Party tells you who to hate, and you listen. What are you, an oldthinker?

Help! I've stumbled in right in the middle of Hate Week! Is it too late to sign up?
Go ahead and sign the roster, what's the worst that can happen?

I'm feeling uncomfortable, and need the hate to stop for a bit. What do I do?
If a joke makes you feel uncomfortable and you feel it's gone too far, post in blue to let your enemy know. If your enemy has posted in blue, tone it down. If that doesn't help, please inform a member of The Party. That being said, please don't abuse this. This is hate week, the point is to be rude, but no one means anything by it. Everything here is said in good fun.

Oh great! Now I can be a dick to someone just to be a huge asshole!
No. Didn't you read what we just said? Don't use Hate Week as an opportunity to be a horrible dick - it's meant in good fun, and if anything you and your mortal enemy should know and like each other more at the end of the week than you did at the beginning. This is not an excuse to be an asshole and actually hurt people; if you're paired with someone who you secretly don't like and you happen to know their biggest fear is spiders, putting a huge picture of a spider after every post they make is just mean. Big Brother won't look kindly on such actions.

OH GOD I AM PAIRED WITH A MOD WHAT DO I DO?
Sit back and enjoy. How often do you get to tell a mod off? Mods aren't going to use anything that's said in good fun during Hate Week against you. Though...if you find yourself suddenly disappearing from photos, you were probably paired with HarpingCarp. That's how the cookie crumbles, unperson.

How do people who aren't playing know that I'm posting for Hate Week? Won't this drive users away? Won't this confuse new people? Won't someone think of the children?!?
Members are asked to title their Hate Week threads with (HW) at the end, and add the party line disclaimer to the bottom of their hate week posts. At the end of the week, we'll wrangle all the hate week threads into "Ghosts of Merriment Past" to avoid confusion. If you forget to add the party line, it's not a huge deal and we'll try and edit it in where we see it, but try to remember please!

Here is an example of Hate Week, and here is the party disclaimer line:
Code: Select all
[size=85]This post brought to you by Hate Week[/size]

What if I was born with a heart so full of neutrality hatred that I just need to spread the hate further?
Last year we had some success with a hateful free-for-all thread. You don't even need to be an official participant of hate week to participate in the hate-for-all, but it will be in ONE thread. The first post will have an acceptable target list. That is right, your target must be opted-in, either by PMing a mod and being added to the list or by declaring an intention to join in thread. Fair warning: ANYONE who posts in the hate-for-all is automatically added to the list of acceptable targets. Anyone who wants to can also indicate their intention to join the thread by posting in this thread, so if you want to get in early or help us fill out a roster of thread participants, just let us know in here that you intend to be part of the hate-for-all.

Added as its own bullet point as per Cordslash's very good suggestion:
My enemy has become a quivering coward!
So you did it. You managed to strike fear so deep into the heart of your enemy that he or she isn't really playing anymore, hasn't responded, or is otherwise missing in action. If it's been 24 hours, please let one of the listed hate week helper mods know; we will send a PM to your partner asking what's up, and if they don't respond, we'll set you up with someone else. This may result in you doubling up with people if your partner returns!

And if you need to drop out mid-week for any reason, please just let a help week mod know as soon as possible so we can frame your partner for your mysterious disappearance set your partner up with someone new. It's okay, life gets in the way sometimes.

In both these cases, it might be polite to shoot your partner a PM inquiring about what's up/explaining what's going on and might expedite things, but isn't necessary.

Along these lines, if anyone would like to volunteer to be on a list of people who can take on an extra partner if need be, please PM a hate week mod about it.

ANYTHING ELSE???
If you have anything that you would really like to stay off limits (say, jokes about your mom...unless you're Bert in which case come on, your mom isn't off limits for anyone, she's made that abundantly clear), please discuss it with your partner beforehand. This week is supposed to be fun, and no one involved wants to accidentally hurt someone.

The Minister for Hate is Kate (it rhymes, my dears), and the Minister for Biting Comebacks is Marcuse, so please direct any questions in that general...direction. The Minister for Snarky Doom is JamishT and the Minister for Horror is, of course, sunglasses, and they will be on hand to "assist" you as well.

Participants:

Kate
JamesT
Andropov4
Ericthebearjew
JamishT
sunglasses
A Combustible Lemon
Revolving Royal
Matt The Czar
Roflface
52xMax
CarrisVS
Dr Ambiguous
AboveGL
jbobsully11
Nullbert
Cordslash
DamianaRaven
DjiboutiDan
Australia
Nisi
Silver Maple
gregfrankenstein
HarpingCarp
iMURDAu
RainyDays
AdricDePsycho
Skooma
ShuaiGuy
ArchaeologyDalek
Ironskoblin
DeltaJim
Cobra-D
Irishjava
Askias
FieldMarshalFry
Kevin_Durant
Phighter
Tesseracts
FaceTheCitizen

Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by Marcuse on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:36 am, edited 28 times in total.
Reason: Updated list + Blessed Post In A Priestly Fashion + Wiped Holy Water Off Monitor
JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Re: Hate Week 3: One Movie for the Price of Three

Postby Andropov4 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 am

I'll sign up, of course.

Andropov.jpg
Andropov.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 9055 times

Last edited by Andropov4 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby JamesT » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:52 am

I am coming in with a whirlwind of hate. I'm bitter, off my diet, and full of beard. You think you can handle me? I'll take this shit to a dark place. I will call your mom on a Saturday night just to tell her how ugly her child is. I will draw propaganda posters detailing all the puppies you molested and post them all over downtown Portland. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, MOTHERFUCKER? BECAUSE I SURE AS HELL AIN'T.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:53 am

I shall be signing up for once, seeing as my family won't be heading off to the New-Age Hippie Wonderland that is Encinitas, CA this year.

I shall be most devious!!!
Spoiler: show

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby JamishT » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:01 am

Kate wrote:Keep 'em coming!

That's what Bert's mom said!

SIGN ME UP! Actually, don't worry about signing me up, I'll do it myself! MOD POWER.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:21 am

I'm in like Flynn.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Revolving Royal » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:24 am

Sign me up! Spreading chaos and mayhem is my dearest dream.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby Matt the Czar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:30 am

I DON"T HAVE TO PAIR UP WITH ANY OF YOU! ALL SHALL BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELLLLLLLL...

Oh, the Two Minute's Hate is at 1300 hours? Uh...

I'll sign up then.

EDIT: My stylized disclaimer: http://i.imgur.com/frpWu0q.png

Voila!

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Roflface » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 am

Sign me up, my hate will batter my foe like the thousand tiny fists of a toddler army.

You can always sue someone.

"There's nothing that a bucket of spiders can't fix." - Grim
Roflface
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Tee hee

Postby Matt the Czar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:44 am

Kate wrote:The Minister for Hate is Kate (it rhymes, my dears), and the Minister for Biting Comebacks is Marcuse, so please direct any questions in that general...direction. The Minister for Snarky Doom is JamishT and the Minister for Horror is, of course, sunglasses, and they will be on hand to "assist" you as well.

No no no, you've got it all wrong! That should be the Ministress of Caring, the Minister of Loving Harmony, the Minister of Sincere Salvation, and the Ministress of Public Saf- Not room 101 not room 101 not room 101 not room 101...

EDIT: 500 POSTS! ALL THE BETTER TO HATE WITH!

MUHAHAHAHA!

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Suckerfish » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:38 am

Unfortunately I don't have the time nor the iron will required (I'm also dangerously out of the loop) but I brought refreshments for everyone!

Warning: The text above is probably misspelled, grammatically incorrect, and morally bankrupt. Reader discretion is advised. This is not a test. By reading this signature you waive your right to participate in a class action lawsuit.
Suckerfish
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: That Other Guy

Postby 52xMax » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 am

count me in

"When in doubt... well, don't ask me!"
52xMax
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Salmon the Wise

Postby CarrieVS » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 am

Sure, why not.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Dr. Ambiguous » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:17 am

I'm in, fuckin' duh.

<@Tesseracts> your stalking skills make you the #1 counter-stalker

Not sure how to use the forum? Read the TCS Forum Guide
Dr. Ambiguous
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Random Pointless Rule Nazi

Postby AboveGL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:57 am

Of course I'm in. I mean, I AM notoriously bad at this, but still.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Next