Hate Week 5 - Closed! Thanks For the Fun!

Hate Week 5 - Closed! Thanks For the Fun!

Postby Kate » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:42 am

Update: As of 11:33 pm Mountain Time on August 06, the hate for all is up and Hate Week has officially begun!

Update: As of 11:27 pm Mountain Time on August 05, because yes that's a horrible time zone to plan things around, isn't it? PMs have been sent out to all participants that I am positive are participating. There is still time to sign up! The Hate For All will go live tomorrow, as will the actual Hate Week. Sunday is just a research day, where you can research, talk to your partner if you want, come up with plans, clear the air with them before things start, etc. Latecomers will get a little less of this extra time, but you can technically sign up at any point throughout the week. The easiest way to find me fast is on discord.

If you signed up but did not get a PM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

-

Oh you thought we'd forgotten. You thought you were safe. You thought, oh good, I won't have an outlet for all of my hate this year, that's fantastic.

And then it sunk in.

It's 2017. Donald Trump is president of the United States. Countless beloved celebrities have left us. The internet has gone crazy with trolls and people who just don't understand them. Game of Thrones didn't start until July, and it only has seven episodes this season and one of those episodes involved ED SHEERAN. The rage has been building for over a year, and where exactly is all of that pent up anger going to go? Into some kind of resistance or worthy cause? Straight into a nazi's face? That'll never work, there's a severe shortage of punchable nazis in your vicinity because for some reason you don't hang out with nazis! Damn it, you probably thought, I hate TCS for not having Hate Week!

Don't worry, frenemy. We've got you covered. Hate Week 2017 is a go.

So who's the enemy? You are, of course.

Sign up here to participate. On August 6th, you will be told the name of your mortal enemy. You will get ONE WHOLE DAY to research your enemy; you can coordinate with them or not, it's up to you. The fun starts on August 7th. Throughout the week, you and your nemesis will bait, insult, antagonize, and otherwise taunt each other throughout the whole forum. Do you have a creative streak? Drawing unflattering caricatures, writing rude poems, talking the most burning smack imaginable; it's all in good fun until the end of the week.

The event starts Monday, August 7th and runs through Sunday, August 13th.

The Party wants you to know:

Do I get to choose my mortal enemy?
Of course not. This is Hate Week. The Party tells you who to hate, and you listen. What are you, an oldthinker?

Help! I've stumbled in right in the middle of Hate Week! Is it too late to sign up?
Go ahead and sign the roster, what's the worst that can happen?

I'm feeling uncomfortable, and need the hate to stop for a bit. What do I do?
If a joke makes you feel uncomfortable and you feel it's gone too far, post in blue to let your enemy know. If your enemy has posted in blue, tone it down. If that doesn't help, please inform a member of The Party. That being said, please don't abuse this. This is hate week, the point is to be rude, but no one means anything by it. Everything here is said in good fun.

Oh great! Now I can be a dick to someone just to be a huge asshole!
No. Didn't you read what we just said? Don't use Hate Week as an opportunity to be a horrible dick - it's meant in good fun, and if anything you and your mortal enemy should know and like each other more at the end of the week than you did at the beginning. This is not an excuse to be an asshole and actually hurt people; if you're paired with someone who you secretly don't like and you happen to know their biggest fear is spiders, putting a huge picture of a spider after every post they make is just mean. Big Brother won't look kindly on such actions.

OH GOD I AM PAIRED WITH A MOD WHAT DO I DO?
Sit back and enjoy. How often do you get to tell a mod off? Mods aren't going to use anything that's said in good fun during Hate Week against you. Though...if you find yourself suddenly disappearing from photos, you were probably paired with HarpingCarp. That's how the cookie crumbles, unperson.

How do people who aren't playing know that I'm posting for Hate Week? Won't this drive users away? Won't this confuse new people? Won't someone think of the children?!?
Members are asked to title their Hate Week threads with (HW) at the end, and add the party line disclaimer to the bottom of their hate week posts. At the end of the week, we'll wrangle all the hate week threads into "Ghosts of Merriment Past" to avoid confusion. If you forget to add the party line, it's not a huge deal and we'll try and edit it in where we see it, but try to remember please!

Here is an example of Hate Week, and here is the party disclaimer line:
Code: Select all
[size=85]This post brought to you by Hate Week[/size]

What if I was born with a heart so full of neutrality hatred that I just need to spread the hate further?
We have had success with hateful free-for-all threads in the past. You don't even need to be an official participant of hate week to participate in the hate-for-all, but it will be in ONE thread. The first post will have an acceptable target list. That is right, your target must be opted-in, either by PMing a mod and being added to the list or by declaring an intention to join in thread. Fair warning: ANYONE who posts in the hate-for-all is automatically added to the list of acceptable targets. Anyone who wants to can also indicate their intention to join the thread by posting in this thread, so if you want to get in early or help us fill out a roster of thread participants, just let us know in here that you intend to be part of the hate-for-all.

The Hate For All can be found HERE.

Added as its own bullet point as per Cordslash's very good suggestion:
My enemy has become a quivering coward!
So you did it. You managed to strike fear so deep into the heart of your enemy that he or she isn't really playing anymore, hasn't responded, or is otherwise missing in action. If it's been 24 hours, please let one of the listed hate week helper mods know; we will send a PM to your partner asking what's up, and if they don't respond, we'll set you up with someone else. This may result in you doubling up with people if your partner returns!

And if you need to drop out mid-week for any reason, please just let a hate week mod know as soon as possible so we can frame your partner for your mysterious disappearance set your partner up with someone new. It's okay, life gets in the way sometimes.

In both these cases, it might be polite to shoot your partner a PM inquiring about what's up/explaining what's going on and might expedite things, but isn't necessary.

Along these lines, if anyone would like to volunteer to be on a list of people who can take on an extra partner if need be, please PM a hate week mod about it.

ANYTHING ELSE???
If you have anything that you would really like to stay off limits (say, jokes about your mom...unless you're Bert in which case come on, your mom isn't off limits for anyone, she's made that abundantly clear), please discuss it with your partner beforehand. This week is supposed to be fun, and no one involved wants to accidentally hurt someone.

The Minister for Hate is Kate (it rhymes, my dears), so please direct any questions in that general...direction.

Participants:
Kate
Deathclaw_PuncherASHLEY, THE QUEEN OF CHAOS AND HATRED, DARK DEVOURER OF CERIGNOLAS, AND MASTER OF UNARMED COMBAT AGAINST TWENTY FOOT IRRADIATED LIZARDS
jbobsully11
Matt the Czar
cmsellers
JamishT
Australia
Pseudoman
iMURDAu
CarrieVS
Krashlia? Magic 8 Ball says "Try Again." That's bullshit, Magic 8 Ball. I already tried the first time, why would you know better the second time?
IAmNotCreepy
Bromo
reallifegirl
sunglasses
Kivutar
SilverMaple
NathanLoiselle
Cobra-D

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Re: Hate Week 5? Staying Alive.

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:02 am

For years, I have slumbered due to annual family vacations, and last year, I may have peeked into the abyss, but now my dark reign shall begin! ALL YE MORTALS SHALL BOW BEFORE ASHLEY, THE QUEEN OF CHAOS AND HATRED,
DARK DEVOURER OF CERIGNOLAS, AND MASTER OF UNARMED COMBAT AGAINST TWENTY FOOT IRRADIATED LIZARDS!!!!!!
*ahem*
So, yeah, I'm in.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby jbobsully11 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:40 am

[insert something appropriately hateful but not excessively so]

Count me in once again. Hopefully I'll be paired with someone who's actually good at this. *eyes no one in particular*

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Postby skooma » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:03 am

Oh gods, the weather is awful and that alone makes me rabid, I must do this.

Really, what fuckhead invented humid heat without mandatory central air, and then climate change so it lasts forever - I can and will blame you.

Still stuck on my phone for posting, but I can do this.

Skooma seems the type of person to chase me down and force me at gun point to receive their encomium with good graces. ~Jack Road

* I got caught in the crossfire of one of skooma's fucking frisbees ~Sister Morphine
skooma
TCS Necromancer
TCS Necromancer

Show rep
Title: The Lightning

Postby Matt the Czar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:07 am

I too will participate!

"Operation Prepare Your Anus is considered to have been the most thoughtfully planned and masterfully executed humanitarian intervention in American history."-DTanza, alternatehistory.com

Now as a very moral person, I would never sell a pot brownie to a toddler.
I.. I would just GIVE it to them.- CMSellers.
Matt the Czar
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby cmsellers » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 am

I'll sign up on the condition that I'm allowed to actually kill people this year. Mere insults is sooo 2016.

cmsellers
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Broken Record Player

Postby Kate » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:33 am

cmsellers wrote:I'll sign up on the condition that I'm allowed to actually kill people this year. Mere insults is sooo 2016.

For liability reasons, no...
but I'm adding you to the roster anyway. It's a Hate Week miracle!

JT's Art Thread - JamesT's awesome stuff.
Kate
Gul DuKate
Gul DuKate

Show rep
Title: Sheepwoman

Postby JamishT » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:21 am

Oh yes please! I'm gonna be a tough opponent/partner, like a friggin' gangster!

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Australia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am

1. You know the overlords are resubmitting old manuals when there's a HarpingCarp reference in there. What is this, 2014?*

2. Good timing. I'm finally back to part time on the 7th so I'll have more time for procrasti-hating.

3. For newcomers - Don't listen to Kate's vows of impartiality. When I was paired up with her back in the heyday of the event, I and the rest of the losers were rounded up and put through some truly terrible things in the name of progress and necessity. They just made a mini-series about it actually.

Fake News.png
Fake News.png (99.96 KiB) Viewed 12192 times

4. Head's up: my tone deaf hate week wrap-up will be to the tune of One Week this year. Obvious, sure, but it's the one year where 'since you looked at me' fits somewhat rhythmically with 'Twenty-seventeen'. Well, it technically always fits with 'Twenty-seventeen' but it would hardly be applicable in 2022 and I'll be dead for practically six months by the time 3017 comes along.

*I promise my official Hate Week jokes will not consist solely of "what is this, etcetera" setups, because what is this, a forum for pre-internet memes?

Update: Actually, I am full-time next week. Guy I've been covering for because of holidays is now getting wisdom tooth pulled. Still, I will spend every minute I'm not working hating the shit out of my partner, I promise you that.

Last edited by Australia on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YamI JamesT Eyebrows Edgar Logan Eric Michael Tess Sunny Notch Kate Jamish Lao Carp Moo FaceCitizen Aquila Nisi Qinglong Chaise Nullbert NotCIAagent JackRoad Delta MURDA Bert Czar Ambi JulyJack Adric Marcuse SilverMaple Nudge 52xMax Damiana Doma Pumpkin Toy Fry Andro Carrie Snarky Royal RLG Pikajew Windy skooma Kleiner Java Sellers Piter Gisarmbards Grimstone Recluse Esteban Syrup Krashlia Twistappel MacReady Funkotron mcfooty Pseudoman Creepy Kivutar nerd Ladki Jim Youghurt satan GL Angler
Scari
Australia
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: Kentucky Fried Colonel

Postby Pseudoman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:13 pm

Sure count me in, I too would like to experience the build up of unwanted sexual tension.

In the defense of Nazi's they do have a good sense of fashion.
Pseudoman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:42 pm

I remember when Hate Week was just drooling all over itself and making big poops. Now look. It's 5 and has grown up so big and smart!

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby CarrieVS » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Ah go on then, sign me up.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby Krashlia » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:26 pm

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8452&p=252172#p252172

May I be the most incredible shill and offer my linked thread, "Add a verse Universe" as a Hate forum for Hate Scriptures written by inspired Haters?

Krashlia
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby IamNotCreepy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:42 am

I'm in. And don't feel pressured to go easy on me. Let the hate flow.

IamNotCreepy
TCS Admin
TCS Admin

Show rep
Title: Chasing after the Wind

Postby Bromo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:56 am

I want to hate.

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo

Next