6 Disasters With Details So Awful, History Left Them Out

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

6 Disasters With Details So Awful, History Left Them Out

Postby BROWNRECLUSE » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:00 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_24146_6-disasters-with-details-so-awful-history-left-them-out.html

Hats off to Adam for another great article.

The Challenger entry still infuriates me to this day. The details of that cover-up are sickening.

Even more interesting is that in documentaries on NASA (thinking of When We Left Earth ), when the Challenger disaster comes up, guys like Gene Kranz (Flight Director) and Story Musgrave (multiple STS mission commander) get pissed about it - because people they knew and admired were killed by negligence and then disrespected further by the NASA brass covering it up.

Tesseracts wrote:In this age of falsehoods and lies, it's comforting to know some people are genuinely idiots.
BROWNRECLUSE
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Re: 6 Disasters With Details So Awful, History Left Them Out

Postby archaeologydalek » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:55 pm

REDACTED

Last edited by archaeologydalek on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby rowdyrodimus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:50 pm

I've always hated how they always leave out Officer Tippit during study or documentaries on the JFK assassination. Yes, the country lost our leader and his family lost him, but Tippit's family also lost their husband, brother, father, etc. It's almost like he didn't matter because Kennedy died. I guess to explain,it would be like if Ricky Martin had been one of the 49 victims in Orlando last week, the other 48 wouldn't matter because a celebrity died.

You know, a lot of people have no idea that President Johnson and RFK both called Tippit's widow and Jackie Kennedy wrote her all expressing their sympathy and that the Tippit family was given over half a million dollars in donations after he was killed.

Thinking on it, I think they should make a movie about Tippit so more people will know about him and the sacrifice he made to try and stop Oswald that November day in 1963.

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby Aquila89 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:00 am

While conspiracy theorists claim that he was a CIA operative sent to kill Oswald...

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Bromo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:40 am

rowdyrodimus wrote:I guess to explain,it would be like if Ricky Martin had been one of the 49 victims in Orlando last week, the other 48 wouldn't matter because a celebrity died.

I wonder how bad it would have been if Ellen DeGeneres was one of the 49 victims. Not only would the media be shitting bricks over her death, the world would be less...gayer--in more than one meaning of the word.
I made myself sad

"I spent a good 20 minutes searching for my glasses, when I realized I was seeing a bit too well.

Then I reached for my face and there were they." --Toy, 2016

The Pokémon master formerly known as Kevin Durant.
Bromo
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Token Homo