9 Lame Hobbies White People Love (For Some Reason)

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 9 Lame Hobbies White People Love (For Some Reason)

Postby SandTea » Sun May 22, 2016 6:06 pm

Qinglong wrote:That's why I think it has to be satire. It's such a ridiculous position that it can't possibly be serious. I know -- it's often impossible to tell the difference between satire and the truly delusional. But giving the author the benefit of the doubt, I still don't understand who/what he is mocking.

I suppose it is possible that this really is just a clickbait article. But that's just depressing.

I know title girl comes up with "the best" title for clicks so it is partly click bait but so is everything now. If I was to guess as to what the article was, it would be probably wrong white stereotypes to poke at non white stereotypes. Buuuuut, I could see cracker staff just thinking it was funny and running it. That was their given reason for posting those "I'm trolling you and you suck" blog vomits...

Last edited by SandTea on Wed May 25, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby CarrieVS » Sun May 22, 2016 7:23 pm

SandTea wrote:cracker staff

Can't tell if typo or pun.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby SandTea » Tue May 24, 2016 11:58 am

Originated as the former; kept for the latter.

"Draw me not without reason; sheath me not without honor."
SandTea
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: 3rdAeolus

Postby rowdyrodimus » Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Oh by the way, on my comment about woodworking being hard as hell to master, my Mom's Dad was a master of it and made over 100K a year working part time (part time being anytime he wasn't at work, he pretty much lived in his wood shop) building anything from Grandfather Clocks (3-5K each) to full on Dining Room furniture (table, chairs, hutch and china cabinet). All of our furniture is stuff he made and gave us and I was offered 2 grand for my roll top desk he made for me. Considering I'm willing to bet he made more in a year from a "lame hobby a white person loved" than Wong made for "John Dies at the End" (with a lot less whoring it out to people reading articles that had nothing to do with his furniture), I don'[t think they should've included that on the list.

(And sorry to harp on it. I was extremely proud of what my Grandpa could do with wood, a saw, and glue. I'm not bad at it but I am in no way as good as he was at it. But proud as hell that what I know, he taught me.)

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Previous