How Game Of Thrones Ends Based On Computer Simulations

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

How Game Of Thrones Ends Based On Computer Simulations

Postby Taluun » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:34 pm

This article is amazing. I don't know what I expected but I did not expect to see Advance Wars being used to "simulate" GoT. Past that the writing is just fantastic.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep

Re: How Game Of Thrones Ends Based On Computer Simulations

Postby cmsellers » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:03 pm

I've never played that game, but I still enjoyed the article. Two lines in particular made me laugh IRL (though not out loud, because I tend to guffaw rather than laugh).

Spoiler: show
Ed Stevens wrote:The Starks get down to business, taking the walker threat seriously and acknowledging that having the realm's only line of defense against a terrifying supernatural horde be a collection of poorly-trained rapists isn't a great idea.

Ed Stevens wrote:The Lannisters are able to rally their troops and defend King's Landing, but at too much of a cost. The white walkers march to the Twins and start slaughtering them. It's unclear if the dying soldiers are able to grasp the narrative irony and thematic significance of being massacred there.

cmsellers
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Bad Bart of Ruddigore

Re: How Game Of Thrones Ends Based On Computer Simulations

Postby Taluun » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:14 pm

I remember the games being fun when I played them in middle school but i also remember not having too many problems beating them. I don't know if they would lose some of the fun when playing them now since they will probably be quite easy.

Taluun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep