5 Insane Things I Was Taught In Abstinence Only Sex Ed

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 5 Insane Things I Was Taught In Abstinence Only Sex Ed

Postby DamianaRaven » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Australia wrote:In Australia, we learn our sex ed in around grade 7 from a man in a giraffe costume who travels around in a van.

Didn't they catch that guy and put him in prison?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby CarrieVS » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Dammit Raven, I wanted to make that joke.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby DoglovingJim » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:18 am

Australia wrote:In Australia, we learn our sex ed in around grade 7 from a man in a giraffe costume who travels around in a van. I refuse to elaborate because the context doesn't make it any more sensible.

The giraffe always has a damned companion for some reason as well.

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby CleverDick » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:07 am

Australia wrote:In Australia, we learn our sex ed in around grade 7 from a man in a giraffe costume who travels around in a van. I refuse to elaborate because the context doesn't make it any more sensible.

DoglovingJim wrote:The giraffe always has a damned companion for some reason as well.

I learnt about drugs from them in primary school. Lying bastards had me convinced the dimmer was magic, too. I wasn't as skeptical as I liked to think.

Ashtherion wrote:We're not worse at drinking, we're just better at being intoxicated, so we don't have to spend so much on beer.
Suck our tiny economical dicks, white people.
CleverDick
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Jan Itor

Show rep
Title: Dozenare

Postby Gendry » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:37 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:
Australia wrote:In Australia, we learn our sex ed in around grade 7 from a man in a giraffe costume who travels around in a van.

Didn't they catch that guy and put him in prison?

Of course. Why else would he be in Australia?

#burn #nationofcriminals

"Sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
Gendry
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Show rep
Title: King of the Andals

Postby Jack Road » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

Spoiler: show
I still have a copy of that Harris book somewhere.

When I was younger, sex was elevated to something of extreme value. Giving your virginity to someone was something very important, and you could never get it back. And I guess that isn't exactly reality.

Now, sex is cheapened so much all around me. But worse than that, so are relationships. Everyone I know even remotely well in real life seems to be cheating, or has cheated, or is being cheated on.

I don't know, it disheartens me. Maybe the idea of abstinence before marriage is sort of untenable. But it was nice having that idea that there was someone out there you were saving yourself for, and who thought you were important enough to save themselves for.

The amount of sexual imagery that exists and the amount of sex many of my friends are having disgusts me. I don't know why. Maybe it is envy? Because I don't know how to do that? I never did.

I have always wanted to have a family. And to be confident that that family was going to be there, always.

I guess I don't believe in that anymore. Sure some people get married and it lasts. But most of them seem miserable.

Sex has become something that is very frustrating to me, and I find myself saying things "nice guys" say sometimes and it makes me want to punch myself in the face. But I understand that bitterness and torturous vexation. And try very hard to avoid it.

Anyways...

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Previous