6 Ways Critics Of Political Correctness Have It Backwards

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 6 Ways Critics Of Political Correctness Have It Backward

Postby Andropov4 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:15 pm

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:20 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:I will donate $1000 to the the most politically correct charity there is in the name of the first person who punches JF Sargent in the face.

this makes me sad now ... me no like being sad

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby sunglasses » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:21 pm

Please do not threaten or make a threat of violence against Cracked writers or offer money for assault.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby ghijkmnop » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:22 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby archaeologydalek » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:25 pm

REDACTED

Last edited by archaeologydalek on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
archaeologydalek
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby ShuaiGuy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:26 pm

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby rowdyrodimus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:29 pm

sunglasses wrote:Please do not threaten or make a threat of violence against Cracked writers

Damn PC Police always spoiling our racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-furry, cisgendered fun. (I take everyone got that that is a joke, right? Ironically, I got a red line under cisgender and it recommended endangered as a replacement which according to the way, way, way, way out there people on both sides is what they believe will/could happen if we aren't all good God (of their faith) fearing, straight people who only enjoy missionary with the lights off.)

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby Askias » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:31 pm

... So opposing political correctness to the extend that McKinney (the guy who calls people sexist for preferring 'equalitarian' over 'feminist') holds it, means I am anti-diversity (what the hell?), racist, sexist, a supporter of the Confederacy (no seriously what the hell? My current country was a slavery empire, I don't need a foreign one to root for.), and quite possibly homocidal because why not.

I should stay away from Cracked. If it wasn't Cracked, I would prepare one of my longer entries for the Social Justice Thread, but we have some writers on here and they could take it as an insult. I will take my rage, put it in a box, and walk away.

If there be here lesson or moral, it lies beyond the competence of him who wrote this post.
(Jack Vance, Emphyrio)
Askias
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Night Owl

Postby Stanza » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I feel like the demographics of the comment section on these types of articles has been shifting since I last paid attention (like a year ago?). Even some of the top voted comments' scores are a third or more downvotes. It seems more...divided? I'm having a hard time englishing today. Maybe it's all in my head.

Stanza
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep
Title: a big butt

Postby ghijkmnop » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Redacted

Last edited by ghijkmnop on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account
ghijkmnop
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Prisoner of TCS

Postby rowdyrodimus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:42 pm

Askias wrote:... So opposing political correctness to the extend that McKinney (the guy who calls people sexist for preferring 'equalitarian' over 'feminist') holds it, means I am anti-diversity (what the hell?), racist, sexist, a supporter of the Confederacy (no seriously what the hell? My current country was a slavery empire, I don't need a foreign one to root for.), and quite possibly homocidal because why not.

I should stay away from Cracked. If it wasn't Cracked, I would prepare one of my longer entries for the Social Justice Thread, but we have some writers on here and they could take it as an insult. I will take my rage, put it in a box, and walk away.

I haven't been here long so I don't even know who writes for Cracked and who doesn't on here. The thing is, you shouldn't have to feel you need to censor yourself so that a writer might not feel insulted. Cracked doesn't have a problem insulting their readers or censoring dissenting comments, so shouldn't this be a place where we can post counterpoints to what they say without censoring? If they can't handle it then that's their problem. Go ahead and post what you're thinking, you never know, you might, just might (if they don't have their heads up their asses and feel anyone holding an opposing opinion is their enemy) make a point they never thought of before. Discourse is the only way we can get anything done in this world, you know?

rowdyrodimus
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Lord Of Nothing

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:44 pm

ghijkmnop wrote:I guess I should be as sad as D-LOGAN.

No! Don't say that. No one should be as sad as me, not tonight ... I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Just go back inside to the party, I'm fine, I'll be in ina minute before the cake comes out, I just ... I just wanna stay out here and look up at the stars a little longer and dream of what once was ....

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Delta Jim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Fun With Mr. Fudge wrote:
Tesseracts wrote:I'm so sick of these gamers constantly raping people, school shooting, cyber raping, and cyber school shooting.

Don't forget schooling people in shooting, rape-shooting, shoot-raping, and schooling people in those things.

And school raping.

Delta Jim
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Not Very Notable

Postby Tesseracts » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:45 pm

ShuaiGuy wrote:
The attachment Tess.jpg is no longer available

Yes Tess, I've stolen it.

11116464_10206617079485775_3109192400587466019_n.jpg
11116464_10206617079485775_3109192400587466019_n.jpg (15.97 KiB) Viewed 4249 times

ghijkmnop wrote:The first statement I made was specifically to trigger the second statement, which makes the entire set of posts an obvious joke. I can't believe that I had to explain that-- it's as old as Vaudevelle.

First you guys miss my birthday, and now you think I'm trolling. I guess I should be as sad as D-LOGAN.

Punch jokes contribute to punching culture.
ghijkmnop wrote:I will donate $1000 to the the most politically correct charity there is in the name of the first person who punches JF Sargent in the face punches JF Sargent in the face with a fist of harmless butterflies.

Fixed.

Additionally, a website which complains about JF Sargent a lot is in danger of being seen as a threat to JF Sargent. This is clearly something we do not want. The last person to threaten JF Sargent was a gamer, and now JF Sargent has vowed to write anti-gamer articles forever as revenge. Much like anti-terrorism measures, these articles only perpetuate the cycle of evil and inspire more people to become gamers. That's not what we want, right? More gamers? I can't believe the world I live in. I don't know why anyone would want that. You people sicken me.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby sunglasses » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:49 pm

rowdyrodimus wrote:
Askias wrote:... So opposing political correctness to the extend that McKinney (the guy who calls people sexist for preferring 'equalitarian' over 'feminist') holds it, means I am anti-diversity (what the hell?), racist, sexist, a supporter of the Confederacy (no seriously what the hell? My current country was a slavery empire, I don't need a foreign one to root for.), and quite possibly homocidal because why not.

I haven't been here long so I don't even know who writes for Cracked and who doesn't on here. The thing is, you shouldn't have to feel you need to censor yourself so that a writer might not feel insulted. Cracked doesn't have a problem insulting their readers or censoring dissenting comments, so shouldn't this be a place where we can post counterpoints to what they say without censoring? If they can't handle it then that's their problem. Go ahead and post what you're thinking, you never know, you might, just might (if they don't have their heads up their asses and feel anyone holding an opposing opinion is their enemy) make a point they never thought of before. Discourse is the only way we can get anything done in this world, you know?

Please re-read our rules section. Posting what ever you want and expecting no censorship is not a part of it.

It's also one thing to say I really don't care for their articles and another thing to be completely insulting. It's one thing to say if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen but I'm pretty damn sure that reading 1000 comments about how you suck because someone didn't like what you wrote is pretty damn irritating.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext