Wikipedia Hates Women: 4 Dark Sides of The Site We All Use

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: Wikipedia Hates Women: 4 Dark Sides of The Site We All U

Postby Revolving Royal » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:50 am

I could make a chainmail shirt out of can tabs, if that helps.

"We are cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out" -Ray Bradbury

I am not “full of hate” as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine. ~Internet Wiseman
Revolving Royal
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lurker

Postby Crimson847 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:07 pm

It does not, but make it for me anyway; that sounds cool.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Tesseracts wrote:The author of this article clearly suffered a lot of harassment, sexism, and transphobia, but I'm not convinced Wikipedia itself is bigoted. This article says nothing about Wikipedia's anti harassment policy and how/if these issues were resolved. I'm not an expert on the Chelsea Manning incident but I recall the name was changed fairly quickly and Wikipedia was praised for their efforts to validate trans identity. Of course it wasn't done without disagreement, but on a website where anybody may contribute I would expect disagreement about everything.

This is very much in line with my personal feelings on the article. I really wish there had been more discussion about policy and a general sense of how often people get banned for the kind of harassment discussed in the article. What happened in this instance is horrible, but I have a really hard time accepting the idea that one could draw conclusions about prejudices harbored by Wikipedia's editors en masse from Abigail's experiences. There may be tons of other evidence supporting that conclusion, and if there is, it would have been nice to add.

It's true, the submissive sexual role is considered the female role, and the submissive role is the one used as an insult. Nobody claims somebody gets their cock sucked as an insult, but it's an insult to say someone is sucking somebody else's cock. In fact it's the opposite, somebody saying "suck my dick" is considered a sign of dominance.

Someone took the time to message me after my most recent Cracked article - the one on "sworn enemies" who became friends - so they could inform me that all of my articles "suck fucking cunt." I have to admit I was amused and a bit bemused (Was there supposed to be a comma there? Was the person calling me a "fucking cunt" or do my articles actually possess the power of cunnlingus?). But I also find it interesting that no matter what, the insult is that you are pleasuring some one and therefore somehow submissive. I rarely see anyone claim that an article ejaculated all over their day, even though I think that would be far more dickish. On a totally absurd note, if the submissive role is always female, all of my [Cracked] articles suck cunt, does that make them lesbians (or at least bi)?

Sorry for that second paragraph. I admit that parts of it are ridiculous (ricuntulous?).

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Fun With Mr. Fudge wrote:I admit that parts of it are ridiculous (ricuntulous?).

Hmmmmm, 'Ricuntulous' ... I like that. In fact I like it so much I'm gonna steal it and use it as the name for the main charcter in my graphic novel about a genetically-engineered ancient Roman gladiator who'se stranded on an inhospitable planet on the far side of the universe and has to fight the other strandees- a viking hippo, a robot priest, a shape-shifting beatnik, a death-row nerd and so on in that fashion etc. to the death, in order to get the one-person escape pod back to Earth before the planet explodes. It's a much better title than my previous one- The Noteworthy Adventures Of Colonel Fluffy!

Now ... how do I delete the previous posts on this thread so no one will ever know I stole the name, and I can take sole credit? I assume there's a button or something ...

Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby Qinglong » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:08 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:... my graphic novel about a genetically-engineered ancient Roman gladiator who'se stranded on an inhospitable planet on the far side of the universe and has to fight the other strandees- a viking hippo, a robot priest, a shape-shifting beatnik, a death-row nerd and so on in that fashion etc. to the death, in order to get the one-person escape pod back to Earth before the planet explodes. ...

Screw Moby Dick! Where's the Amazon link for this?!

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Perhaps the people who use pleasurin others as an insult are just quite fond of non-mutual group masturbation?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby Andropov4 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Qinglong wrote:Screw Moby Dick!

I'd rather not have Captain Ahab's sloppy seconds.

Last edited by Andropov4 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby D-LOGAN » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Andropov4 wrote:I'd rather not have Captain Ahab's sloppy seconds.

Well you're on your own there bucko, I'll take what I can get.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Personally I've found that those who accuse everyone of being Moby Dick are those with Moby Dick always on the mind.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Fun With Mr. Fudge » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:54 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:
Fun With Mr. Fudge wrote:I admit that parts of it are ridiculous (ricuntulous?).

Hmmmmm, 'Ricuntulous' ... I like that. In fact I like it so much I'm gonna steal it and use it as the name for the main charcter in my graphic novel about a genetically-engineered ancient Roman gladiator who'se stranded on an inhospitable planet on the far side of the universe and has to fight the other strandees- a viking hippo, a robot priest, a shape-shifting beatnik, a death-row nerd and so on in that fashion etc. to the death, in order to get the one-person escape pod back to Earth before the planet explodes. It's a much better title than my previous one- The Noteworthy Adventures Of Colonel Fluffy!

Now ... how do I delete the previous posts on this thread so no one will ever know I stole the name, and I can take sole credit? I assume there's a button or something ...

I will give you permission to use 'Ricuntulous' on one condition. The character's last name must be Butkus.

Fun With Mr. Fudge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Jackbooted Hug

Postby D-LOGAN » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:04 pm

*slams fist down on table with such force it spills the nearest frothy beverage*

NEVER!!!!

*rips up first and only draft of graphic novel*

Compromise is for the weak.

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Gendry wrote:
Tesseracts wrote:
niceinternet.jpg

Reallifegirl used to post on TCS - anybody know where she went?

Plot twist: I was actually dead this whole time.

In all honesty I just fell off the wagon and considered coming back for a while but felt awkward about it.

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Postby thatindianguy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:01 pm

You are? Then who's chained up in my basement?

And how did I get a basement? I live on the third floor?!

thatindianguy
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby ShuaiGuy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:09 pm

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby reallifegirl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:16 pm

thatindianguy wrote:You are? Then who's chained up in my basement?

And how did I get a basement? I live on the third floor?!

Part of my ghostly abilities is home renovation. The afterlife's fucking weird, man.

ShuaiGuy wrote:Are......Are we alcohol?

Well, I have joked that Cracked often inspires me to drink. PROST! *shots poured all around*

"I can believe things that are true and things that aren't true and I can believe things where nobody knows if they're true or not."

Encyclopedia Dramatica wrote:Reallifegirl: Is supposedly a girl in real life, but we all know that's false. Gets highest comment roughly 75% of the time, and has never had a single red-thumbed comment. Ever.
reallifegirl
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Officially allegedly female

Previous