5 Amazing Stories of One Complaint Ruining It for

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 5 Amazing Stories of One Complaint Ruining It for

Postby deathknight928 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:48 am

deathknight928 Posted: Apr 10 2013, 11:46 PM

understood. By all means lets carry on.

Poor kitty.

No matter what opinion Deathknight voices in this thread, he's our buddy elsewhere
-Notch
I have buddies! (:
deathknight928
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby jayman419 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 am

jayman419 Posted: Apr 10 2013, 11:48 PM

(deathknight928 @ Apr 11 2013, 03:46 AM)
understood. By all means lets carry on.

Poor kitty.

Yeah that made me sad. I blame the owners, almost as much as the lady who complained enough to get it thrown out.

That's why house cats average 15 years and outdoor cats average 3.

Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the Earth "You owe me".
Look what happens with a love like that... it lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby deathknight928 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 am

deathknight928 Posted: Apr 10 2013, 11:53 PM

Dogs arent much better off. And PITA would like to see a world where there were no house cats or house dogs. Just strays running free. Starving succumbing to the elements. Getting hit by cars...

No matter what opinion Deathknight voices in this thread, he's our buddy elsewhere
-Notch
I have buddies! (:
deathknight928
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 am

cjlind6436 Posted: Apr 10 2013, 11:58 PM

PETA has good intentions, but Christ they're fucking stupid.

I never even knew Sammy the cat, and I still miss him. Poor Sammy. We'll always remember you.

Also, this is why my cat is a 100% inside cat. When I move, I might get him a leash and take him on walks outside, but damned if I'm letting him run out there by himself. I've seen too many cats dead on the road to risk that.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Lord of the Dance

Postby jayman419 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 am

jayman419 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:02 AM

cjlind6436 @ Apr 11 2013, 03:58 AM)

I never even knew Sammy the cat, and I still miss him. Poor Sammy. We'll always remember you.

Also, this is why my cat is a 100% inside cat. When I move, I might get him a leash and take him on walks outside, but damned if I'm letting him run out there by himself. I've seen too many cats dead on the road to risk that

My cat will take to the harness, and he'll even tolerate the leash. But the elevator to get him outside is just too much for his little puddy brain.

Carrying him down 9 flights isn't much of an option either, since I refuse to declaw him.

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby deathknight928 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:52 am

deathknight928 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:05 AM

(cjlind6436 @ Apr 11 2013, 03:58 AM)

Also, this is why my cat is a 100% inside cat. When I move, I might get him a leash and take him on walks outside, but damned if I'm letting him run out there by himself. I've seen too many cats dead on the road to risk that.

Whoops. Yeah I meant the group not the sandwich. And you know about what they say about good intentions. I'm actually afraid to say much more but PETA has some pretty extreme views that has gathered a lot of hate. I support animal rights but PETA has really gone overboard. Again there is no tree so I run the risk of hijacking this thread. And I really don't want anymore trouble. Nor do I feel like making a "Is PETA morally right" thread so I will drop it.

Free internet for the whole town? Must be nice. Too bad piracy killed it. Albeit on instance of it.

(not being a smart ass here. I'm seriously afraid of saying something offensive or controversial)

And you are a good man J-man. Leave those kitty's claws alone.

-Notch
I have buddies! (:
deathknight928
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 am

cjlind6436 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:06 AM

I won't have mine declawed, either. He's neutered, but that's it. Have you considered bringing him downstairs with a cat carrier? It'd be a hassle to carry around, but it might be worth it if your cat decides he really enjoys being outside.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby jayman419 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 am

(deathknight928 @ Apr 11 2013, 04:05 AM)
(cjlind6436 @ Apr 11 2013, 03:58 AM)

Whoops. Yeah I meant the group not the sandwich. And you know about what they say about good intentions. I'm actually afraid to say much more but PETA has some pretty extreme views that has gathered a lot of hate. I support animal rights but PETA has really gone overboard. Again there is no tree so I run the risk of hijacking this thread. And I really don't want anymore trouble. Nor do I feel like making a "Is PETA morally right" thread so I will drop it.

Free internet for the whole town? Must be nice. Too bad piracy killed it. Albeit on instance of it.

(not being a smart ass here. I'm seriously afraid of saying something offensive or controversial)

And you are a good man J-man. Leave those kitty's claws alone.

Be offensive, be controversial. The only topics that I'd ask you to avoid are anything mentioning the current situation at Cracked, it's comment section, or your status with that site. Partly that because you asked for a place to vent your spleen and we gave it to you, and partly that's because it always causes a big reaction and derails other threads.

Everything else? Well, feel free to annoy the vegans (within the scope of the site rules) or anyone else if you feel the need. Just check the rules again.... no personal insults, no hate speech. (As in, homophobic, racist, ect.)

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby jayman419 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:59 am

jayman419 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:16 AM

(cjlind6436 @ Apr 11 2013, 04:06 AM)
I won't have mine declawed, either. He's neutered, but that's it. Have you considered bringing him downstairs with a cat carrier? It'd be a hassle to carry around, but it might be worth it if your cat decides he really enjoys being outside.

Yeah I've taken him down to the community room a couple of times, when they set it up for pet play days. But at 19 lbs, he outweighs most of the dogs in the buildings. (They love their toy breeds.) I never made the connection to put him in the carrier and then the leash outside. One of those weird brain farts.

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:00 am

cjlind6436 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:26 AM

(jayman419 @ Apr 10 2013, 11:16 PM)
Yeah I've taken him down to the community room a couple of times, when they set it up for pet play days. But at 19 lbs, he outweighs most of the dogs in the buildings. (They love their toy breeds.) I never made the connection to put him in the carrier and then the leash outside. One of those weird brain farts.

I think my cat is around 19 lbs, too, or a bit bigger (I feel like I remember him being 22, but I don't have a scale here to weigh him). He used to lay on my desk when he was a kitten and I thought it was adorable. Now he takes up the entire thing and messes up my computer by pressing all the keys at once.

Out of curiosity, what breed is yours? Mine's mostly a Maine Coon. I don't know if he's 100% or not.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby jayman419 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:01 am

jayman419 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 12:45 AM

(cjlind6436 @ Apr 11 2013, 04:26 AM)
(jayman419 @ Apr 10 2013, 11:16 PM)

I think my cat is around 19 lbs, too, or a bit bigger (I feel like I remember him being 22, but I don't have a scale here to weigh him). He used to lay on my desk when he was a kitten and I thought it was adorable. Now he takes up the entire thing and messes up my computer by pressing all the keys at once.

Out of curiosity, what breed is yours? Mine's mostly a Maine Coon. I don't know if he's 100% or not.

The vet lists him as "American Shorthair" which is a fancy way of saying mutt. He's black with grayish/brown tiger stripes. He has the M on his forehead, but I'm not sure if that's a real sign of interbreeding or not.

He's awesome. As long as we don't have thunderstorms, like today. Then Sir Brave wants you to put a blanket on your lap and he will cuddle under it all day. Storm stopped hours ago, he's still slinking around.

EDIT:I just call him Sir Brave when he's being cowardly. Normally he's Chairman Mao, because of the land reforms he instituted when we got him, particularly concerning the proper distribution of bed square footage.

~Hafiz
jayman419
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Lindvaettr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:02 am

cjlind6436 Posted: Apr 11 2013, 01:47 AM

(jayman419 @ Apr 10 2013, 11:45 PM)
The vet lists him as "American Shorthair" which is a fancy way of saying mutt. He's black with grayish/brown tiger stripes. He has the M on his forehead, but I'm not sure if that's a real sign of interbreeding or not.

He's awesome. As long as we don't have thunderstorms, like today. Then Sir Brave wants you to put a blanket on your lap and he will cuddle under it all day. Storm stopped hours ago, he's still slinking around.

EDIT:I just call him Sir Brave when he's being cowardly. Normally he's Chairman Mao, because of the land reforms he instituted when we got him, particularly concerning the proper distribution of bed square footage.

That's adorable. I think mine might just be insane. He'll headbutt me five times in a row, but then turn around and bite me for no reason, and then go sprinting off like a lunatic. He used to be called Ari, which apparently means "Flying Fast One", which I found appropriate. Now, I just call him Kitty, which is what he responds to, so I guess that's his real name.

Lindvaettr
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep

Postby rickmcslick » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 am

rickmcslick Posted: Apr 11 2013, 01:11 PM

(Dottoe @ Apr 11 2013, 01:59 AM)
I have never seen a positive thing on Cracked about Ohio. I'd complain, but... I mean, they have a point.

Maybe not ABOUT Ohio... But I like to think I've posted a few good comments FROM Ohio :p

"No, it is not racist to wonder how many colors you can use to color black people's faces with Crayola products."
-Cracked Comment Section
rickmcslick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby NisiOptimum » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:04 am

NisiOptimum Posted: Apr 11 2013, 02:09 PM

(jayman419 @ Apr 11 2013, 04:45 AM)

Ha! That is brilliant.

NisiOptimum
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: Duke of Chrome

Previous