5 Outdated Myths Everyone Still Believes About Bisexuality

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 5 Outdated Myths Everyone Still Believes About Bisexuali

Postby Paradox » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:06 pm

Tesseracts wrote:
Paradox wrote:I had a friend say he's gay, but if the girl is hot, he will do her. He's gonna orgasm anyway.

Can't say I oppose to his logic.

I can. If it's all about the orgasm and orgasm only, why does she need to be hot?

Boobs, probably.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:08 pm

My first crush was on a girl. We were in second grade, long before sexuality became part of my personality. I just loved looking at her and my fantasies involved us living together in a castle where we'd both be princesses and eat ice cream for breakfast and never have to worry about things like long division... and other such childish nonsense. My point is not to establish my own degree of dykery, but to illustrate that bisexuality sometimes has nothing at all to do with sex, despite that word being right there in it.

Paradox, you do realize that ugly women have boobs? I can be downright homely in a certain light, but my tits are almost unanimously described as "fucking spectacular."

Last edited by DamianaRaven on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby Matthew Notch » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Crimson847 wrote:
Tesseracts wrote:Yeah I hate to admit it but that is a real phenomenon. There are people who pretend to be bisexual for some ulterior motive.

It's not clear to me that they're "pretending", exactly. Maybe some are, but I suspect there's also some genuine confusion going on. Teenagers are all about trying on new roles to see how they fit, then keeping the ones that work for them and discarding the ones that don't. Why should sexuality be any different?

I can't remember the statistics exactly (Jenna might have them already) but I feel like it was something like 97% of girls, at some point, usually in their teens, had a sexual fantasy involving the same sex, and a smaller but still significant portion of boys as well. It's hard to pin down a sexual orientation on a teenager because there's juice galore in those kids, and I'm not sure it always has a definite target in mind.

Interestingly enough, I was more invested in attraction to men in my later years, and in fact mostly even after I was married. I still am not at all sexually interested, but I definitely have experienced romantic attraction to another dude at one point or another. What does that mean? Heck, I don't know, but probably the same thing Jenna just said above me (I was typing out my response before she posted it).

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:25 pm

Tesseracts wrote:
Paradox wrote:I had a friend say he's gay, but if the girl is hot, he will do her. He's gonna orgasm anyway.

Can't say I oppose to his logic.

I can. If it's all about the orgasm and orgasm only, why does she need to be hot?

He sounds like one of those penis otherkin types.

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 pm

Eric, what in the sweet juicy fuck is a penis otherkin? Is this a running joke you've got going or an actual... identity thing?

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:59 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:Eric, what in the sweet juicy fuck is a penis otherkin? Is this a running joke you've got going or an actual... identity thing?

He's explained it in the past. It's his way of referring to men who are so sex crazed they only think with their penis.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:00 am

Tesseracts wrote:
DamianaRaven wrote:Eric, what in the sweet juicy fuck is a penis otherkin? Is this a running joke you've got going or an actual... identity thing?

He's explained it in the past. It's his way of referring to men who are so sex crazed they only think with their penis.

That does sound like most of my friends, specially this one.

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 am

Paradox wrote:That does sound like most of my friends, specially this one.

Perhaps you should make some new and wiser friends? Penises are awesome for 3.42 purposes, but thinking is not one of them!

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:08 am

I like to hang with weird people, though.

In highschool, I had a friend who was constantly high, and he used to spill half assed conspiracy theories, like AIDS is an American invention to sell more condoms.

Then he'd get REALLY high, and say condoms were an American invention to sell more AIDS.

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:21 am

There are plenty of weirdos who don't chase their gona... wait a minute, how old are you?

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby gregfrankenstein » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:49 am

Matthew Notch wrote:Interestingly enough, I was more invested in attraction to men in my later years

This isn't really what you were talking about, but it brings to mind something no one likes to discuss yet I see repeatedly: sexuality is super fluid. A bisexual will usually avoid language such as "I'm in a lesbian phase right now" so as not to be written off as experimental, but more often than not, it can totally work that way. Some people are more interested in the same sex one month, and the opposite another. It's something even the Kinsey scale doesn't address, and I think it should be more prominently in the public consciousness, but we can't even hammer home "bisexuality is a real thing" so I don't have much hope.

gregfrankenstein
Back-End Admin
Back-End Admin

Show rep
Title: Heightener of Fives

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:55 am

DamianaRaven wrote:There are plenty of weirdos who don't chase their gona... wait a minute, how old are you?

26 :D

Well, I'll be this saturday.

gregfrankenstein wrote:This isn't really what you were talking about, but it brings to mind something no one likes to discuss yet I see repeatedly: sexuality is super fluid. A bisexual will usually avoid language such as "I'm in a lesbian phase right now" so as not to be written off as experimental, but more often than not, it can totally work that way. Some people are more interested in the same sex one month, and the opposite another. It's something even the Kinsey scale doesn't address, and I think it should be more prominently in the public consciousness, but we can't even hammer home "bisexuality is a real thing" so I don't have much hope.

I don't think it's that hard to understand. I'm usually into late 20s/early 30s guys. But, these days, I got to find 40 something men with few gray hairs really hot.

No one seems to think that's weird. Why wouldn't someone who is into something so wildly different like two genders be more inclined to go out with one at times?

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:24 am

I think androgyny is quite beautiful. Effeminate men and butch women are both very attractive to me.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Paradox » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:31 am

I really like manly men and girly girls.

Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep

Postby DamianaRaven » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:44 am

I wouldn't exactly kick Liev Schreiber out of bed without fixing him breakfast. ;)

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

PreviousNext