5 Ways Life Is Different When You Want To F*#k Animals

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 5 Ways Life Is Different When You Want To F*#k Animals

Postby FieldMarshalFry » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:37 am

oh Jesus Christ, Jim...

Supreme Commander of the Imperial Royal Cracked Army (also The Comments Section Militia), currently commanding the retake of the Troll Mines of 4chan in World Internet War 1, direct superior to Major. General Obvious, General Ignorance and General Knowledge.
FieldMarshalFry
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep
Title: Field Marshal of TCS

Postby Matthew Notch » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:19 am

I'm... I'm just gonna say it.

"It squicks me out" is sometimes a perfectly fine rationale. I sort of hate the fact that we even have to discuss consent when it comes to having sex with animals. It's not natural. I don't care if someone is born with an innate desire to have sex with animals, that isn't natural. That is an anomaly. That is a psychological issue that needs to be resolved with therapy or medication or anything other than actually having sex with animals. Is it only wrong because society says so? No! It's wrong because, in the large large majority of people's minds, having sex with animals isn't just bad manners, it's a wholesale abomination. That's hardwired into their psychology. To me, that hardwiring means more than the fact that society's laws have decided to be guided by it. It's in them, and for me that's in them for a reason.

There are other perfectly good reasons to not have sex with animals, including risk of serious illness, the immorality of lack of consent, the danger in those animals reacting with violence, or in the case of animals having sex with you, the danger of your own cornhole being torn up by a penis that is definitely not just your size, as in horse shows. But all those things are so secondary to the fact that it's considered pretty gross to the average, healthy, even-keeled adult. If you ignore those leadings long enough, you can condition yourself to believing that it's okay, and if society as a whole starts doing that, eventually the consensus may one day lead to a beautiful new day of sexual liberation with all creatures great and small. Maybe not, maybe that's all slippery slope, but I'm not convinced. To me, then, trying to pin down the immorality of something like bestiality on pure logic is more dangerous than trying to find a better reason than "it's just not right".

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

"I desperately want Jiggery Pokery now."-- Pikajew

"I do feel that if she happens to favour attractive, successful, intelligent men I will be at a disadvantage."--Anglerphobe

"I have a beautiful sphincter and Mexico is gonna pay for it."--Kate
Matthew Notch
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: The Last Finisher

Postby FireIsTheCleanser » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:59 am

Matthew Notch wrote:I'm... I'm just gonna say it.

"It squicks me out" is sometimes a perfectly fine rationale. I sort of hate the fact that we even have to discuss consent when it comes to having sex with animals. It's not natural. I don't care if someone is born with an innate desire to have sex with animals, that isn't natural. That is an anomaly. That is a psychological issue that needs to be resolved with therapy or medication or anything other than actually having sex with animals. Is it only wrong because society says so? No! It's wrong because, in the large large majority of people's minds, having sex with animals isn't just bad manners, it's a wholesale abomination. That's hardwired into their psychology. To me, that hardwiring means more than the fact that society's laws have decided to be guided by it. It's in them, and for me that's in them for a reason.

I totally agree with that. The thing is, if you use that type of reasoning someone will inevitably bring up homosexuality, saying that you could say the same thing about that. But then you reply that it's not the same because it's two consenting adult humans and then the other person says something else and then other stuff happens and I stop reading because it becomes a debate about something else and I get bored.

"The juice could've gotten in my eyes, Dan. The spicy burrito juice."
FireIsTheCleanser
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Manic Hispanic

Postby Andropov4 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:04 am

The moral of the story here is that FITC thinks sex is boring, so nobody should try to engage them in coitus ever.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby AdricDePsycho » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:37 am

Jim you dogfucking slut, next time you get interviewed about your experiences with bestiality, please give us something to gouge our eyes out with. Or at least one of those memory remover guns the Society of the Blind Eye uses. Those would come in handy.

EDIT: ThatIndianGuy, I think that Squirtle guy who was talking shit about you in the comments might have been your troll from way back in Frey's old article.

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Postby Paradox » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 am

The concept of sexual normality is tricky. Several people claim homossexuality is bad because "it isn't normal". I prefer to take the approach that, if the cost to "fix" something outweights the "gains" you have by letting it be, then we better not stick our noses on it.

Say, some people have a sexual desire to cause pain. That's pretty messed up. But there are more than enough people willing to be on the receiving end of this. Maybe we can force people like this to undergo therapy and social disgust, or we can just let a pair of matching people lead their life their way.

In this case, whatever gains or losses there are, are pretty hard to measure. There's some inherent disgust to it, which shouldn't be ignored, but also the fact that people who go as far as practicing this stuff seem to be in severe denial on what their pets want, and also to project their own emotions and feelings onto their pets. That's a clear sign something is wrong with it.

[Signature removed for nonpayment.]

The artist once again known as Dox.
Paradox
Resident Dickhead
Resident Dickhead

Show rep
Title: True Neutral

Postby ShuaiGuy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:37 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 am

There are other perfectly good reasons to not have sex with animals, including risk of serious illness, the immorality of lack of consent, the danger in those animals reacting with violence, or in the case of animals having sex with you, the danger of your own cornhole being torn up by a penis that is definitely not just your size, as in horse shows. But all those things are so secondary to the fact that it's considered pretty gross to the average, healthy, even-keeled adult. If you ignore those leadings long enough, you can condition yourself to believing that it's okay, and if society as a whole starts doing that, eventually the consensus may one day lead to a beautiful new day of sexual liberation with all creatures great and small. Maybe not, maybe that's all slippery slope, but I'm not convinced. To me, then, trying to pin down the immorality of something like bestiality on pure logic is more dangerous than trying to find a better reason than "it's just not right".

I agree with this. I... honestly have no other comments. I'll bail for good now.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:45 am

I think we have covered the entire argument.

Bestiality is disgusting to many, but something being disgusting to many does not mean it is ethically or morally wrong. Eating that booty, not unlike groceries, may be considered revolting to many, but is not inherently immoral or unethical.

It has been proposed that animals are not able to consent to sex, in much the same way as children or certain subsections of the mentally handicapped are not able to consent, because "for genuine consent to sexual relations to be present...both participants must be conscious, fully informed and positive in their desires." [1]

Contrariwise to that, adult animals, unlike children and certain mentally handicapped subsections, are fully able to operate under their own biological imperative for sexual behavior. Animals have sex with the same gender and across species lines all the time, and it can be demonstrated that dogs will engage in cunnilingus and giving penetrative sex willingly, without training or encouragement, and have even been known to initiate. Evidence still out on their ability to consent to receiving penetrative sex.

Also in addition to that, we do not ask animals for their consent on many other aspects, such as use as workers, meat, or research. And we do not ask consent in manipulating them sexually for other reasons, such as castrating them or inseminating them.

It rebuttal, evidence could be provided that some children willingly engage in sex with adults, even to the point of initiating, and how then is that any different?

Another argument can be made from the perspective of anthropocentrism, the idea that our species is the most significant species on the planet, or perhaps even in existence. I don't personally believe this, but if you did, you could argue that bestiality is wrong because it is degrading to humans. "one of the reasons bestiality is condemned through law is that such degrading conduct unacceptably subverts standards of basic human dignity and is an affront to humankind's inestimable importance and intrinsic moral worth." [2]

In the past bestiality has been accepted culturally.

My personal opinion is that the acceptance of bestiality is culturally relativistic, and that ethics and morality only come into play when we consider reduced harm/cruelty. It is my belief that we should endeavor to cause the least harm to other species and, indeed, the entire environment that we exist in, when it does not interfere with our ease of existence. There is nothing about having sex with another species that helps us exist with more ease, therefore, bestiality is only morally or ethically valid when it can be adequately demonstrated that both parties consent within the bounds of their own mental limitations. (See: Dogs willing to engage in cunnilingus and penetrative sex, above.) In rebuttal to the "well then this applies to willing minors as well" I feel it can be adequately demonstrated that engaging in sex with even a willing minor is harmful to them, whereas it cannot be demonstrated that a willing animal is harmed.

However, something must be said for society's views on the subject. I believe that society is not independent of our biology, but rather, an outpouring of it. There is a reason we are generally monogamous at this point in time, or that we are currently in flux on our corporate stance on homosexuality. Culture evolves, and morality, while not objective, is not subjective to us, but rather shaped by us as we exist. When establishing one's own personal morality, the idea of harm caused to others in our area of influence also has to be considered. And how willing we are to break those taboos.

[1] https://dx.doi.org/10.2752%2F089279393787002105
[2] http://www.nationalreview.com/human-exceptionalism

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby AboveGL » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:55 am

Jack Road wrote:Also in addition to that, we do not ask animals for their consent on many other aspects, such as use as workers, meat, or research. And we do not ask consent in manipulating them sexually for other reasons, such as castrating them or inseminating them.

No, but in these instances they serve valid purposes. Bestiality is just sexual gratification.

Also, I was lying when I said I'd bail.

AboveGL
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:32 am

Sexual gratification is not an invalid purpose.

You are either saying, sexual gratification with animals is not inherently necessary for the benefit of humanity, to whit I say, neither is eating meat, or animal research, or anything else we do with animals.

Or, and more likely I think, you are saying that sexual gratification with animals is a selfish benefit for an individual, and has no corporate value. And that is accurate, but not a reason to dismiss it, pet ownership also falls in that category.

Ugh, am I actually defending bestiality? Alright. Let's do this shit.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Aquila89 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:25 pm

It's funny that we, liberals here are behaving how conservative opponents of gay rights characterize us. They say: "If gay marriage is okay, why not polygamy? Why not incest? Why not bestiality?". There were threads on this forum about each of these, and people said: "indeed, why not?"

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
--Carl Jung
Aquila89
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:29 pm

In all things I say, stick or allow to be stuck where consensually you may, no harm given except harm asked for (strictly for jollies). So sayeth the Lord of Orgasms, for ever and ever, oh damnit that feels good, amen. Oh fuck right there, right there, amen again.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:39 pm

There's more than enough good reasons to be against bestiality, but "it's gross" is not a good reason for anything to be illegal. That's not to say I don't find it gross, but I don't make decisions based on those feelings and it would be morally wrong if I did. There are tons of perfectly OK kinds of sex which people have tried to make illegal because they find it gross, most notably homosexuality. That still happens today, there are people who have gotten in legal trouble for activities as common as consensual spanking.

I'm really baffled by the idea that logic is "dangerous." What?

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Aquila89 wrote:It's funny that we, liberals here are behaving how conservative opponents of gay rights characterize us. They say: "If gay marriage is okay, why not polygamy? Why not incest? Why not bestiality?". There were threads on this forum about each of these, and people said: "indeed, why not?"

Well, in some states it's considered animal abuse and rightly so. The anatomies are not complimentary with each other. The animal (and in some cases human) can be very badly injured or die.

So yeah, my own views are....if you want to rub one out in the shower as you imagine a horse named Barbara, have at it. But once you actually sex up a horse, you've crossed a line. I do think the ability to actually consent is huge.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

PreviousNext