5 Things I Learned Infiltrating Deep Web Child Molesters

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 5 Things I Learned Infiltrating Deep Web Child Molesters

Postby octoberpumpkin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Anglerphobe wrote:It's disquieting to read the many comments masturbating over their own impotent rage; fantasising about tortures and all kinds of brutality. I'd like to think it's just these people's way of handling the shock of what they've read, but I don't like seeing it.

It doesn't make it right at all, but it is a gut reaction. The thing about children is that they trust adults. Especially their parents. A lot of children will defend their parents after they've done these things because they now have a horribly messed up view of what love is and what's appropriate because they trust their parents.

So when you read about rape and torture it's horrifying and terrible, but it hits people harder with children because they're so young, innocent, and trusting. The worst part is that they trust these people and they love these people and they don't know or understand that what's happening is wrong and shouldn't be happening. Especially the very young ones, this is what they'll grow up knowing. This is what they'll think love is. This is what they'll think love is from their parents, the very people who should be protecting them from all of this. And the ones who are in pain and hate it, they'll probably think there's something wrong with themselves and not their abusers.

So when you think about the people supposed to protect these children actually doing horrible things to them, and justifying it no less, and in some cases acting smug or arrogant about it, or casually dismissing it with some "lol"'s, it's enough to make everyone angry and then our baser violent instincts come out. We want them to feel the pain they're causing these children and more.

Most people won't react on these, it's just a way of venting the stress and the frustration and the hurt because most of us aren't able to stop it. Again, it doesn't make it right, just explaining

octoberpumpkin
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Pinkasaurus Rex

Postby RockstarAnxiety » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:41 am

Having been a devotee of Cracked for years, this was the article that finally got me to comment over there. And it's what spurred me to sign up here, having been a lurker for quite some time.

I have never ever known an article that's made me want to physically throw up before. I understand the importance of discovering these communities and wanting to break them up but I feel like this article may do the opposite. There are some scummy people out there... Cracked should absolutely have blurred the names of the forums 'Pam' visited.

RockstarAnxiety
I'm new, be gentle
I'm new, be gentle

Show rep

Postby Popinki » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:23 am

cmsellers wrote:And 80% of people on Tor are using it to share their love of molesting children?

Not to detract from the horror of the pedophilia community, but not quite. 80% of the traffic on the dark web != 80% the total people using it.

From what I know of the dark web, most of the activity is drug trafficking, which are one-and-done transactions because they're relatively straightforward and the more back and forth there is, the more chances for law enforcement to catch on. It's more like buying something off Amazon: you hit the order button and wait until your stuff arrives.

The pedophilia shit is more akin to posting on a messageboard (sorry, messageboards. I hate comparing you to this type of activity but I can't think of a better example.) Think of how many times you visit any given board in a day, just sort of idly wasting time and seeing if anything interesting has been posted. Percentagewise, I'd bet a lot of your browsing time is tied up on messageboards and social media compared to more straightforward tasks. So rather than a gigantic number of human cockroaches making one-off visits, it's a core group of repeat visitors driving traffic up.

Arrrrgh, back to the bunnies in cups for me.

Popinki
Commenter
Commenter

Show rep

Postby Kivutar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:45 am

There must be something wrong with me, because I read that and feel... literally nothing.
Everyone is all on about how they want to beat these sickos about the head with a cactus or something, and I'm like, "Ok, it's bad, I get it."
It's like my brain refuses to process that this shit is real. Maybe if I had any personal knowledge of any case like these, it would be different.
But now, it's just words on a screen like any other ones.
My emotions are in complete denial. This can't be actually a thing. I don't want to live in that version of reality.

Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes."

Hosea 3:1
Kivutar
Champion
Champion

Show rep
Title: Great Librarian

Postby JamishT » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:10 am

These people are awful and horrible, and I believe they will meet justice in one way or another. If I get into a situation where I can help it happen, I will.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:14 am

sunglasses wrote:Alright, I'm authorizing the use of emergency animal gifs.

...I have been preparing for this moment my whole life.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

A monkey petting some puppies: http://www.theloop.ca/monkey-meets-pupp ... an-humans/

And finally, a little something to repair faith in humanity: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-moments-t ... -american/

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:22 am

I feel bad about myself that reading this article does not cause me undue amounts of stress.

I guess you get numb to it if you read stuff like this a lot.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:01 am

The sex slavery article enraged me to the point of Taken fantasies, but this one left me pretty ambivalent. I think it's because the author comes off as spending a lot of time telling me how terrible these people are, rather than showing me their terribleness in all its glory and letting me judge for myself.

And to be honest, a lot of the logic used toward that end is pretty bad. "Some child molesters use drugs, therefore all child molesters realize that they're taking advantage of someone who cannot consent"--what the fucking what? That logic does not resemble our Earth logic.

Anyway, for me the most surprising thing is that these Deep Web molester forums have moderators. I wasn't expecting that, though in retrospect I don't know why not.

"If it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them; but the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:03 am

Not even child molesters trust the proletariat.

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Crimson847 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 am

Jack Road wrote:Not even child molesters trust the proletariat.

I just assumed it was an "anything goes" sort of environment, but on reflection they do have to deter cops, just as above-board forums have to deter troublemakers.

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Crimson847
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby AdricDePsycho » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:13 am

Jack Road wrote:I feel bad about myself that reading this article does not cause me undue amounts of stress.

I should have prepped myself by reading those articles about messed up fanfics. At least I didn't feel like my body AND soul were violated by reading them.

We all go a little mad sometimes...I'm just a little mad all of the time!
AdricDePsycho
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: Knife-Wielding Lunatic

Postby NathanLoiselle » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:19 am

Jack Road wrote:I feel bad about myself that reading this article does not cause me undue amounts of stress.

I dunno. I don't usually read those type of articles and I was left feeling unmoved. It's not that it's bad to be unmoved, because at least it's honest, it just might be chemistry. Are you usually feeling this way when you read about horrific things?

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:06 am

Well I force myself to watch and read about people doing horrible things. Especially personal accounts.

I've done it for years, it is a sick fascination. I say sick, because it can't be healthy, can it?

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:14 am

Jack Road wrote:Well I force myself to watch and read about people doing horrible things. Especially personal accounts.

I've done it for years, it is a sick fascination. I say sick, because it can't be healthy, can it?

I know what you mean, Jack. I've read personal, sometimes joyous, accounts from serial killers and rapists, numerous books on murder, and forced myself to watch many videos of people dying. It's not a pleasant thing, but it's possible to become slightly numb to it. I find myself feeling something a little stronger than a twinge though, probably because it's been a few years since I delved into that stuff and I wasn't even a teenager when I first started learning about it. I guess I've taken away from it that people can be evil, just completely evil, and no level of evil really shocks me anymore.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby PSTN » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:57 am

I wasn't going to post about it, since I didn't want to come off looking like I'm saying "Oh, I'm so edgy and disconnected", but since it's been brought up, I figure I might as well raise my hand as someone who wasn't particularly phased by the article. Possibly because I've been using Tor for a couple years (as well as having ventured into some of the shadier corners of the regular internet) and this stuff just litters the dark web like leaves in fall.

However, I will say that this might be the kind of job I'd be suited for. Either working with (or for) the police to comb through the pictures, videos, and forum posts for clues, or working at some place like Google, where they employ people to screen things their crawlers pic up and filter out things like this.

It's the kind of job that wrecks a lot of people who do it, but somebody's gotta do it, and I think it would be the kind of thing where I could put my super-human shit-baggery to good use.

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

PreviousNext