5 Things You Learn After Getting Shingles

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Things You Learn After Getting Shingles

Postby jbobsully11 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:26 pm

link
At least I'm not at risk for that until I get o-
Indeed, even if you think I'm an old man, even Cracked's own super young and sprightly C. Coville got shingles when she was just 24.

...Well, shit. Curse those lucky bastards who got the chickenpox vaccine (it was approved in the US around the time I got chickenpox).

Also, my psoriasis has looked worse than those pictures (though I'm sure it didn't feel nearly as bad, even in the middle of winter).

Last edited by Bert on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Chronically Underemployed

Re: Gladstone's shingles article

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat May 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Yep, I got shingles .... on my best mate's stag weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were all away for the weekend, and they were having the time of their lives, whilst I was looking like a microwaved zombie that someone had sneezed all over! I could only barely drink water, never mind alcohol, and each sip was like razor blades down my rash covered/lepersy looking throat. All I wanted to do was go into a coma till it was over and I turned back to human form again, but because of the weekend it was, we were all constantly on the move. WORST M*THER-F*CKING TIMING EVER!!!!

The only thing I could take for it was hot lemony drinks and asprin, because you couldn't get antibiotics without a doctors note, and what with it being the weekend, I couldn't get any till I got back home afterwards. After which I was over it almost immediately! IF THE PHARMACY HAD JUST SOLD ME A COUPLE OF ANTIBIOTICS I WOULDA BEEN ABLE TO ACTUALLY ENJOY THE WEEKEND! ....I mean, what actually is the issue there..... it's antibiotics not morphine! Are there roving bands of antibiotics junkies out there, constantly trying to trick pharmacists into letting them have medically unnecessary antibiotics to get their kicks?

One of the best weekends ever, apparently, and even though I was physically there, I couldn't partake.

I hope their marriaige fails. There I said it!!!!

Last edited by D-LOGAN on Mon May 25, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not just yet, I'm still tender from before.
D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: ALL PRAISE UNTO MIGHTY KEK!

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sat May 23, 2015 9:31 pm

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby gorillathehun » Sat May 23, 2015 9:43 pm

I don't think antibiotics would do anything for shingles though.

"Negative. I am a meat popsicle." - Corbin Dallas
gorillathehun
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat May 23, 2015 9:55 pm

D-LOGAN wrote:Yep, I got shingles .... on my best mate's stag weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were all away for the weekend, and they were having the time of their lives, whilst I was looking like a microwaved zombie that someone had sneezed all over! I could only barely drink water, never mind alcohol, and each sip was like razor blades down my rash covered/lepersy looking throat. All I wanted to do was go into a coma till it was over and I turned back to human form again, but because of the weekend it was, we were all constantly on the move. WORST M*THER-F*CKING TIMING EVER!!!!

The only thing I could take for it was hot lemony drinks and asprin, because you couldn't get antibiotics without a doctors note, and what with it being the weekend, I couldn't get any till I got back home afterwards. After which I was over it almost immediately! IF THE PHARMACY HAD JUST SOLD ME A COUPLE OF ANTIBIOTICS I WOULDA BEEN ABLE TO ACTUAL ENJOY THE WEEKEND! ....I mean, what actually is the issue there..... it's antibiotics not morphine! Are there roving bands of antibiotics junkies out there, constantly trying to trick pharmacists into letting them have medically unnecessary antibiotics to get their kicks?

One of the best weekends ever, apparently, and even though I was physically there, I couldn't partake.

I hope their marriaige fails. There I said it!!!!

No but there are anti-body resistant disease riddled cesspools out there because anti-bodies were used too often.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat May 23, 2015 10:00 pm

I REALLY SEEMED TO DO THE TRICK FOR ME THOUGH! I aint kidding! Now maybe it was unconnected and it just happened to clear up after I got home, and would've even if I hadn't taken some .... but still! SURELY THERE'S SOMETHING A PHARMACY COULD'VE GIVEN ME! I mean the chick behind the counter was really nice and sympathetic and all, but it basically it ammounted to "You're on your own kiddo."

Actually I don't think I even knew it was shingles until after I got home, I thought it was just eczema, ashtma and flu all ganging up on me at once! But them lads got nothin' on the aul Shing'! That stuff don't mess around!

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Sat May 23, 2015 11:22 pm

gorillathehun wrote:I don't think antibiotics would do anything for shingles though.

They don't. Anti-virals can help some. Valtrex, valtrex for all since shingles is a herpes virus. But sometimes people aren't happy until they get that damn antibiotic. And sometimes there is a secondary infection, so antibiotic.

And just remember kids, if you have shingles and the person you're hugging has never had chicken pox-you've just given it to them. Congrats.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby NathanLoiselle » Sat May 23, 2015 11:38 pm

I don't have shingles. I live in a flat roofed home.

NathanLoiselle
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby D-LOGAN » Sat May 23, 2015 11:43 pm

sunglasses wrote:
gorillathehun wrote:I don't think antibiotics would do anything for shingles though.

They don't. Anti-virals can help some. Valtrex, valtrex for all since shingles is a herpes virus.

I don't care! I still say that damn pharmacy lady shouda given me something to immediately make me ok enough to go out clubbing with the others, and quite frankly I still hope yer man and his missus still break up, out of sheer misplaced spite! And if the price for that is a new breed of super-viruses coming about and devestating the Earth because cry-babies like me overused medications, so be it.

REASON IS JUST A CRUTCH FOR THOSE WHO LACK THE STRENGTH TO BE UNREASONABLE!

D-LOGAN
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby DoglovingJim » Sun May 24, 2015 4:06 am

D-LOGAN wrote:.I mean, what actually is the issue there..... it's antibiotics not morphine! Are there roving bands of antibiotics junkies out there, constantly trying to trick pharmacists into letting them have medically unnecessary antibiotics to get their kicks?

As a wannabe survivalist antibiotics are basically the #1. piece of medicine that I need in my medical kit, I got almost everything else but antibiotics...

ohhh... need to find and hoard em for the apocalypse...

Edgar Cabrera wrote:HOLY SHIT GUYS, IT'S DOGLOVINGJIM!!! HE'S HERE!!!

skoobadive wrote:It's the legendary DoglovingJim! Ohboy, this must be the greatest day of my life!

Cracked.com wrote:Initially, his interest in animals was "primarily a sexual attraction," but as he grew older, he also "developed the emotional attraction." We guess we could call what Jim does ... dog-lovin'
DoglovingJim
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Location: No block of land is going to tie Jim and his dogs down.
Show rep
Title: Manly Man

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Sun May 24, 2015 5:33 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Postby Marcuse » Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 am

Valtrex, valtrex for all since shingles is a herpes virus.

I blame the herpes tiger. His name is also Valtrex.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby CarrieVS » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Is it bad that I think Valtrex just sounds like a good name for a character in certain genres of story? I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to use it, which is a shame because I really suck at inventing names.

A Combustible Lemon wrote:Death is an archaic concept for simpleminded commonfolk, not Victorian scientist whales.
CarrieVS
TCS Redshirt
TCS Redshirt

Location: By my wild self in the wet wild woods waving my wild tail
Show rep
Title: Drama Llama

Postby EstebanColberto » Thu May 28, 2015 3:45 pm

I probably won't have to worry about this cause most microbes are unable to survive my blood-alcohol content.

EstebanColberto
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Thu May 28, 2015 3:52 pm

EstebanColberto wrote:I probably won't have to worry about this cause most microbes are unable to survive my blood-alcohol content.

herpes does not require your blood stream

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Next