5 Disgusting Truths About Every Restaurant...

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: 5 Disgusting Truths About Every Restaurant...

Postby Marcuse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:20 am

By the way, any advice or perspective would be appreciated here. I don't want to be unduly spiteful to this man, but as a former waitress and on behalf of serving staff everywhere, I want to see this ass crack made sorry for his behavior. If he can't man up enough to regret what he's done, he should at least know better than to brag about it to an unfamiliar audience.

I think this is the best advice I can give. A Cracked article is by no means the most reliable source for a person's conduct, and also, to paraphrase Ben Skywalker, people often say they did things to seem tough or in control, that they maybe didn't do. Keep that in mind when making up your mind whether Darth Caedus killed Mara Jade Skywalker.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby PSTN » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:39 am

Marcuse wrote:

I think this is the best advice I can give.

I'm not sure what message you're trying to send with that video. Do you want her to bite off Mr. Kolka's finger and then fall into a volcano? Or should she die in a blaze of glory fighting a balrog? Maybe go on a journey, accompanied by Sean Astin, with tonnes of homoerotic subtext?

PSTN
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep
Title: II

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:43 am

He's hoping she'll come back whiter than before.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby LegionofShrooms » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:48 am

DamianaRaven wrote:
MisterKrinkle wrote:But dealing with people who won't stop bitching about their 5 tables while your cooking food for the whole place for 8 hours is god awful.

This is true and in no way was I suggesting that a chef should just shut up and deal with it. Nonetheless, there are numerous ways to handle such a situation without resorting to punishing customers in the crossfire. Go slash their fucking tires if you have to, but don't sabotage an entire business by taking out petty spite on the people who are actually paying EVERYBODY'S salary with their patronage.

I actually have the fortune to be in a place where the front and back of the hose get along well and that is the least of my issue, but on nights where someone is being unbareable and obnoxious, I do the sane thing and just kick 'em out. Anything else they need to tell me from then on, they can go through the manager for.

I never, never take it out on the customer themselves. It's a dickish move, and it'll only come back to bite you in the ass to boot. People fail to realize sometimes, when it comes to a restaurant, the smallest wrench in things can really screw up a whole night. You really can't screw anyone over without screwing over yourself in the end, and they're just not worth it to me to allow me to stoop to that kind of petty vindictiveness.

Doesn't mean I have to put up with their shit though.

Tell your momma, tell your poppa, tell your sisters and your brothers, tell your lovers, tell your children, tell your dominatrix:

The Writing Workshop is where all the cool kids hang out.
LegionofShrooms
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Mastermind of Fungi Based Evil

Postby Qinglong » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:09 am

DamianaRaven wrote:By the way, any advice or perspective would be appreciated here. I don't want to be unduly spiteful to this man, but as a former waitress and on behalf of serving staff everywhere, I want to see this ass crack made sorry for his behavior. If he can't man up enough to regret what he's done, he should at least know better than to brag about it to an unfamiliar audience.

Please be very careful about this. You have no way of knowing if the writer is even who he says he is. If someone wanted revenge against this person, one way to do it would be to impersonate him to write trollish articles.

Man created logic and because of that was superior to it. Logic He gave unto me, but no more. The tool does not describe the designer. More than this I do not choose to say. More than this you have no need to know.
Qinglong
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Experienced Bystander

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:00 am

Qinglong wrote:Please be very careful about this. You have no way of knowing if the writer is even who he says he is. If someone wanted revenge against this person, one way to do it would be to impersonate him to write trollish articles.

This thought actually occurred to me, but then I thought... naaaah, surely Cracked has some manner of editorial safeguard in place to keep their sources from impersonating the innocent and clueless. It did strike me as odd that someone not named Anonymous would be doing a very public interview to the tune of "yeah, I fuck up peoples food... on purpose... out of spite... to other people. That'll teach 'em to fuck with me." It's almost suspiciously ballsy.

If it is him, I would NEVER resort to (or condone) anything violent, profane, hostile, or in any way illegal. As I hinted before, I don't want to ruin this guy's life or make him suffer anything more than a standard "oh dear, I mighta done a stupid" level of regret. It concerns me to think that he's a chef for a largely helpless and captive clientele. They don't have the option of not eating his food, so what happens when he gets an ass full of spite at one of the service staff there or worse, finds reason to resent one of the residents? Old people can be kind of a pain in the ass sometimes. The worst I might do is drop a line to the effect of "is this same guy you've got taking care of your residents? If so, you might want to keep an eye on his work ethic." I wouldn't get on a soapbox and list all the ways I'm personally outraged, because either they'll give a fuck or they won't. My fucks belong here... among other places.

If it's not him, perhaps Cracked needs to tighten up their vetting process.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby ShuaiGuy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:41 am

<Redacted>

Last edited by ShuaiGuy on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShuaiGuy
Time Waster
Time Waster

Show rep

Postby Jack Road » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:11 am

I notice someone is being conspicuously silent on this thread. Where you at Notch? It's Food Clobber'n Time!

Notch? Notc...

Spoiler: show

Oh, oh god Notch. Don't tell me you ate the free staff food. Oh my god. Do you want me to call somebody?

Jack Road
TCS Guerilla

Show rep

Postby Tesseracts » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 am

Welp, I guess the notion of fucking with some guy on the internet in real life has been brought up in this thread several times now. I attempted to ignore it, but as the owner of this website and as somebody who was also bitching in this thread I feel obligated to say I don't support contacting the employers of a guest Cracked writer over some (alleged) badly cooked food.

Tesseracts
Big Brother
Big Brother

Show rep
Title: Social Media Expert

Postby DamianaRaven » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Tesseracts wrote:Welp, I guess the notion of fucking with some guy on the internet in real life has been brought up in this thread several times now. I attempted to ignore it, but as the owner of this website and as somebody who was also bitching in this thread I feel obligated to say I don't support contacting the employers of a guest Cracked writer over some (alleged) badly cooked food.

Then you should be pleased to know that I haven't done anything and don't really plan to. Simply knowing that I could have and didn't is sufficient to make me feel like the better person. I'll just pray he gets what he deserves and leave it at that.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Postby LegionofShrooms » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:53 pm

You know, at first I read that as "Oh my god, Notch. You ate the free food staff".

After reading the article, I'm still not sure which is worse.

Tell your momma, tell your poppa, tell your sisters and your brothers, tell your lovers, tell your children, tell your dominatrix:

The Writing Workshop is where all the cool kids hang out.
LegionofShrooms
TCS Irregular
TCS Irregular

Show rep
Title: Mastermind of Fungi Based Evil

Re: 5 Disgusting Truths About Every Restaurant (From a Chef)

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Looks like it's one of those "real life experience" articles that does not make you feel empathy for the author.

Well, back to sniffing glue to me.

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby Masonator » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Edgar Cabrera wrote:Looks like it's one of those "real life experience" articles that does not make you feel empathy for the author.

Well, back to sniffing glue to me.

The mailman article is still worse.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19831_5- ... -mail.html

Fuck that guy.

Masonator
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Man don't remind me of the fucking mailman. They had interviews with a famous corrupt lobbyist and a neo-Nazi and others I'm forgetting, and this was the first one where I thought, "Wow, what a jerk."

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby JamesT » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:07 pm

I personally find it repulsive that Tesseracts is decrying poorly thought out, blind vigilante justice. As someone whose entire outlook of ethics was developed from watching all 7 Death Wish movies (including the two secret ones) I find this discriminatory against my beliefs.

Say hello to my comic: Lil Oppy!

Say hi to my art!
JamesT
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Cardboard King

PreviousNext