Wong's article whose title no longer makes sense.

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

Re: Wong's article whose title no longer makes sense.

Postby Ceiling_Squid » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:26 pm

While I certainly appreciate Shroom's devil's advocacy (to avoid the echo chamber effect), I must freely admit that whenever the subject comes up, I will probably continue to bash.

Yeah, I don't know or interact with the man personally, and I don't ever expect to pretend I know what he's like in-person.

All that matters is how he presents himself to an audience, since our relationship with him is strictly audience/writer. And every bit of new information or content or post I see continues to confirm and reinforce my distaste. I don't think I will ever have a positive opinion of him. Save, perhaps, that he writes decent comedy and should stick to that.

So yes, it's pointless and unfair to speculate on him beyond the persona he projects (he does use a pen name, after all).

I just utterly despise that public persona.

Ceiling_Squid
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep

Postby OrangeEyebrows » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:04 pm

In Wong's favour, his books are very entertaining. The man can write. Credit where's it's due, and I'd be happy to suggest anyone add them to their reading list. However, as a human being I frankly don't rate him. I think he's a bully who thinks far too highly of himself and thinks far too little of others, by default.

A society without redemption would damn us all ~ Kate
OrangeEyebrows
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Magnifitail

Postby CultofZoidberg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:36 pm

thatindianguy wrote:Yeah this whole thing just feels ironic considering that Wong is basically guilty of most of these. I suppose it's the same mentality that makes people post a trigger warning for suicide while telling people to kill themselves.

... Althooooough Cracked HAS been cooling it off with the click bait Tumblr cap recently so maybe this is a sign of good things to come.

I know right. He is an awesome writer, yet bring up any "SJ" issue, and he becomes rigid, irrational, temperamental. I have hopes that he will turn it around, and they seem to have a bunch of new writers, so...maybe.

CultofZoidberg
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Show rep
Title: Hand of the King

Previous