4 Technology Nightmares That We're Too Lazy to Prevent

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

4 Technology Nightmares That We're Too Lazy to Prevent

Postby jbobsully11 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:29 pm

link

Thoughts? This reminded me of the end of that After Hours episode about the robot apocalypse, except more detailed and depressing.

Crimson847 wrote:In other words, transgender-friendly privacy laws don't molest people, people molest people.

(Presumably, the only way to stop a bad guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law is a good guy with a transgender-friendly privacy law, and thus transgender-friendly privacy law rights need to be enshrined in the Constitution as well)
jbobsully11
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Sporadically Employed

Re: 4 Technology Nightmares That We're Too Lazy to Prevent

Postby MisterKrinkle » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:47 pm

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

You know just as well as I do that it had to be said.

But on a serious note, I don't really see a problem having VI secretaries and such (like Mass Effect, cause Mass Effect is awesome), them making suggestions, however, makes me a bit nervous. The parent-like robot and the robot to keep dying people company (not it's medical functions mind you) are a pretty ridiculous idea from the ground up. I'm pretty sure giving robots the illusion of empathy is not something kids should be exposed to. Especially when 30 years from now we'll need all the resistance fighters we can get.

Stay classy
MisterKrinkle
TCS Regular
TCS Regular

Show rep
Title: Chef Krinkle