5 Corporate Slogans That Backfired...

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Corporate Slogans That Backfired...

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:49 am

*glares over the city limit* Goddamn it, Dallas! Could you maybe tone down the upfuckery, please? You're embarrassing your neighbors here in Irving.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Re: 5 Corporate Slogans That Backfired...

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:18 am

Would it really kill a high school football team to not be so goddamn rape-y?

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:22 am

Shut up, you pinko liberal and stop defiling the Holy Sacrament of Football with your feminazi politics!

*blinks repeatedly and shakes her head briskly* Damn it, I think they're putting something in the water!

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Ericthebearjew wrote:Would it really kill a high school football team to not be so goddamn rape-y?

Shhh shhh, just let it happen.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:45 pm

sunglasses wrote:Shhh shhh, just let it happen.

Yikes! I really can't think of a single context in which that "slogan" doesn't sound WAAAAAY too fucking creepy for any kind of football... or anything else that doesn't inspire a Law & Order episode. Even if we rub off that whole rapey vibe and just call it part of that competitive team spirit, it ain't really kosher. I played football in high school and am not ashamed that we'd invent catchy little chants about murdering our opponents. What we didn't do was break that shit down into the serial killer's climactic Death Whisper.

Really, though... who wants to hear their fucking nurse say a thing like that? Jesus, Sunny! Don't ever let your patients know where you hang out.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby sunglasses » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:53 pm

DamianaRaven wrote:
sunglasses wrote:Shhh shhh, just let it happen.

Yikes! I really can't think of a single context in which that "slogan" doesn't sound WAAAAAY too fucking creepy for any kind of football... or anything else that doesn't inspire a Law & Order episode. Even if we rub off that whole rapey vibe and just call it part of that competitive team spirit, it ain't really kosher. I played football in high school and am not ashamed that we'd invent catchy little chants about murdering our opponents. What we didn't do was break that shit down into the serial killer's climactic Death Whisper.

Really, though... who wants to hear their fucking nurse say a thing like that? Jesus, Sunny! Don't ever let your patients know where you hang out.

Look, this catheter is going in one way or another. It really helps if you relax.

Oh god that sounds so bad.

TCS Etiquette Guide

Rules and FAQs

Zevran wrote:Magic can kill. Knives can kill. Even small children launched at great speeds can kill.
sunglasses
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: The Speaker of Horrors.

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:07 pm

sunglasses wrote:Really, though... who wants to hear their fucking nurse say a thing like that? Jesus, Sunny! Don't ever let your patients know where you hang out.

Some people with a fetish. I'm pretty sure there are out there.

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:16 pm

sunglasses wrote:Look, this catheter is going in one way or another. It really helps if you relax.

Oh god that sounds so bad.

I'm pretty sure the situation doesn't feel any better. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think there's gotta be a streak of psycho in a person for them to be a competent nurse, especially working in a hospital setting. I'm talking about sociopathy as opposed to sadism. I really hope and pray people like you are able to switch off the empathy chip when they're doing that (yeesh) catheter thing. If not, psychological damage would be unavoidable. It probably is anyway.

I hear the money's pretty decent, at least, and the world owes your kind A LOT of saved lives and dignified deaths. Hats off to you, Ms. Sunshine! (Please don't kill us all. God knows we deserve it sometimes.)

Edgar Cabrera wrote:Some people with a fetish. I'm pretty sure there are out there.

I ought to bill you $2.99 for the things you've made me remember.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep