5 Things I Learned as a Sex Slave...

Our thoughts about the famous Cracked.com.

5 Things I Learned as a Sex Slave...

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:02 pm

I hate everybody right now. Fair warning: I'm likely to start throwing chairs if someone pipes up with "this is why prostitution should remain illegal." These children have fallen right through the cracks because of social prudery - it's easy to pretend the problem doesn't exist when people can imagine their fine sense of morality has banished it.

Last edited by DamianaRaven on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Crazy Cunt

Re: 5 Things I Learned as a Sex Slave...

Postby Cobra-D » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Well I'm depressed. If you'll excuse me I'm gonna go drown my sorrows with a bottle of codeine.

The truth is like poetry, everyone fucking hates poetry.
Cobra-D
TCS Camper
TCS Camper

Show rep
Title: The Witty Flirt

Postby Deathclaw_Puncher » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Deathclaw_Puncher
Knight Writer
Knight Writer

Show rep
Title: Queen of the Furrets

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Good luck, Cobra - may your sorrows be terrible swimmers. Eric, thank you. That was actually kind of a beautiful response. I know exactly how you feel.

Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. (76th Rule of Acquisition)
DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Edgar Cabrera » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:30 pm

I've never seen Cracked's comment section so angry before. But goddamn I definitely don't blame them.

James Bond: "Red wine with fish. Well, that should have told me something."
Red Grant: "You may know the right wines, but you're the one on your knees. How does it feel, old man?"
From Russia with Love

"This woman is an idiot without a basic grasp of the English language, and the guy is an abusive creepy weirdo."
– JamesT's review of Fifty Shades of Grey.
Edgar Cabrera
Blobber
Blobber

Show rep
Title: A Masked Brightener

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:41 pm

I can't face the comments right now - I only just stopped pouring tears and snot all over Justin's shoulder. Now I just want to scream and hurt people and break things. I can't do that, so I'm just going to lie here and feel sick for a while. Then what? If I can shake this hurt off and go back to being the same, doesn't that make me part of the problem?

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Andropov4 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Fuck these people.

That's almost there is to say, yeah? I can't even come close to wrapping my head around how these people think, how her mother didn't just let this happen, but was an active and willing participant. How all these people think stories of abuse like this could just be the fanciful airs of a child, and leave it at that. Children don't come up with stories like this out of nothing. How so many humans, people put together just like me or you, made of the same stuff, think buying and selling human beings and then using them for sexual gratification is something they should ever do. There is literally not a single aspect of this I understand even a little. It's nearly impossible to accept that the things that were responsible for this were even human. How can another human stray so far from anything resembling morality? How can they possibly live with themselves?

I don't say say this often, but I wish her mother, her step-father, every "owner" she ever had, everyone who ever paid for any scrap of time with her for this shit, and every single person who has ever in any participated in the same for other children to die a long, slow, horrible death. And I'm taking back what I said about Fred Phelps. I think these people do deserve to die alone and confused, in horrific agony.

You don't hurt children. You don't rape people. You don't buy and sell other people as though they were livestock. What is it that is so fucking complicated about these things that these people managed to contravene all of them?

I guess "Fuck all these people" isn't all there is to say. But it feels like the right thing to say.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby iMURDAu » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm

So I intentionally skipped the article because its the ol' Robert Evans/ Anonymous byline and those have been pretty awful imo. Should... should I still read it? I'm kind of in a good mood and don't have the energy to rage atm.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby Andropov4 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 pm

You should read it. I think pretty much everyone ought to. Deciding we don't like how ugly things are and valuing our good mood over knowing about this kind of shit is a part of what lets it continue.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a lamb."- Ryan Stiles

Jenna is mine.
Andropov4
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep
Title: Rhetorically Correct Rascal

Postby DamianaRaven » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:10 pm

iMURDAu wrote:So I intentionally skipped the article because its the ol' Robert Evans/ Anonymous byline and those have been pretty awful imo. Should... should I still read it? I'm kind of in a good mood and don't have the energy to rage atm.

You can read it later, but I too think you should and... what Pov said. It's rather out of place on a site like Cracked - there's not a funny word to be found, but it's written well, this story we all owe our ears and heart to.

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby Marcuse » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:13 pm

I made an exception to my usual habit of ignoring everything from Cracked to read this one.

Man, that was some heavy stuff. I want to say I was angry and furious and desperate for these people who hurt that person so badly to die and all that. But I find I can no longer summon the anima necessary to express an anger appropriate for the situation. It makes me profoundly, and deeply sad, I don't have anything else.

All I can suggest to this is: be mindful of your surroundings. People who do things like this rely on other people not wanting to "get involved" or "rock the boat". They rely on everyone else respecting their "right" to do whatever they want in their own home to get away with the kind of disgusting dehumanising shit. Don't let them. If you see someone who looks like they might be being abused then report that to the authorities, and keep doing so every time you see something problematic. It's all I can suggest, because enough people all doing that would make it so much harder for people to get away with this crap, and it's something people who don't think this stuff is anywhere close to acceptable can reasonably do.

Beyond that, I have nothing.

Marcuse
TCS Sithlord
TCS Sithlord

Show rep

Postby JamishT » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm

This article hit particularly close to home for me.

Spoiler: show
I dated a girl who had been abused like this, but as a teenager, and not by her parents (by a "boyfriend"). It made and makes me furious that people would do that to her. Thankfully, the "boyfriend" wasn't so controlling that he didn't let her go when she wanted out, but the damage was done. She tried so hard to please me and keep me happy like it was her mission in life, and couldn't bear the thought of receiving a gift from me without repaying me immediately. She had told me about her past, but somehow I still didn't connect those dots. I don't think she did either, because she thought the therapy and stuff she got had gotten her "over it", but now I don't think she ever fully will. Sadly, our relationship ended badly, and I don't think I can broach the subject with her anymore. All I can do is pray for her, and that's what I intend to do.

Sad Jamish is sad.

JamishT was a heck of a guy,
With a devilish twinkle in his eye.
With his hand-picked flowers,
And his feel-good powers,
He made all the girls blush and sigh.
JamishT
TCS ModerBlobber
TCS ModerBlobber

Show rep
Title: The Wannabe Adult

Postby iMURDAu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:52 am

Read it. Good for cracked in avoiding the silly shit that the Evans/Anon articles have been full of and shining a light on something that makes everyone uncomfortable but should be discussing. I was going to comment on it but I had nothing to say that probably already hadn't been said just based on what I had seen browsing down a little bit.

Where's The Punisher irl when you need him?

Dammit that would've worked. Oh well. I think that works better in this thread than that one.

This isn't the first article of its type I've read before, just the first on cracked. Methinks this is one of those things that we're conditioned to not be aware of or make a priority on a national level. "It doesn't happen here" is what I'm sure a lot of people would say in knee jerk response if it was brought up in their community. And I feel like all any of us regular folks can do is keep our eyes and ears open.

“This is going to become a bad meme,” Todd observed.
iMURDAu
TCS Chomper
TCS Chomper

Show rep
Title: King of Fuh

Postby DamianaRaven » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:08 am

Marcuse wrote:Beyond that, I have nothing.

It was enough. Thank you, Marc. Everyone else... fuckin' listen to Marc, wouldya?

DamianaRaven
TCS Junkie
TCS Junkie

Show rep

Postby FaceTheCitizen » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:32 am

FaceTheCitizen
TCS Moderator
TCS Moderator

Show rep
Title: Thot Patrol

Next